SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

33 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Could you imagine if this dude was in Antifa?  Trump and his worshipers would lose their $hit.:D  But since he’s a white supremacist, its either a conspiracy or, meh, who cares.  

Kinda like when those cops were murdered by far right-wing militants a month or so ago.  The response from conservatives?  Crickets.    Only Antifa, the darkies, and protesters are causing problems.   
Racist bastards.   

Lol

And the whole "antifa" thing is so overblown it would be laughable if the cult didn't buy it hook line and sinker from Barr and Trump.  No wonder so many of them have a bunker mentality.  

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Lol

And the whole "antifa" thing is so overblown it would be laughable if the cult didn't buy it hook line and sinker from Barr and Trump.  No wonder so many of them have a bunker mentality.  

Well yea. Bunker mentality.    The ethos of Trumpism is predicated on scapegoating to cover for your own failures.   Never before have we had a President who espouses a “i’m treated so unfairly, poor poor me” platform, nor a constituency who eats it up like candy.  Not that they don't have some legitimacy here and there, but with Trump and his minions it’s all- encompassing.  Not a chance goes by where they don’t  play the victim card over literally anything.   

Let’s see who else can we blame......    The establishment, illegals, the ‘fake news’, Obama, the liberals, the deep state, ‘never Trumpers’, political correctness, government watchdogs, Antifa, scientists, liberal governors, protesters, foreigners, China, Fauci, BLM, 

• Upvote 1

Ex-officials say Trump administration didn't use pandemic 'playbooks'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-officials-say-trump-administration-didnt-use-pandemic-playbooks/ar-BB17jqkR?ocid=msedgdhp
George W. Bush wearing a suit and tie: President George W. Bush speaks about the administration's national strategy for pandemic influenza preparedness and response at William Natcher Center of the National Institutes of Health, Nov. 1, 2005, in Bethesda, Md.
© Alex Wong/Getty Images President George W. Bush speaks about the administration's national strategy for pandemic influenza preparedness and response at William Natcher Center of the National Institutes of Health, Nov. 1, 2005, in Bethesda, Md.

President Donald Trump proclaimed in late March that “nobody knew there’d be a pandemic or an epidemic of this proportion.” Confronted with criticism of a lethargic national response, he lamented “a system we inherited” from past administrations.

The problem with both statements, according to former public health officials, is that prior administrations not only “knew there’d be a pandemic,” they planned for it – extensively.

They did so by crafting so-called “playbooks” and engaging in “table-top exercises” for hypothetical outbreaks – the results of which bore a striking resemblance to gaps that have emerged in the federal government’s response to COVID-19.

"I think that this current pandemic has really played out in many ways similar to exercises and table-top simulations that we had done many years ago,” said Dr. James Lawler, a former White House National Security Council (NSC) official during both the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations who worked specifically on pandemic preparedness.

image.png

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Well yea. Bunker mentality.    The ethos of Trumpism is predicated on scapegoating to cover for your own failures.   Never before have we had a President who espouses a “i’m treated so unfairly, poor poor me” platform, nor a constituency who eats it up like candy.  Not that they don't have some legitimacy here and there, but with Trump and his minions it’s all- encompassing.  Not a chance goes by where they don’t  play the victim card over literally anything.   

Let’s see who else can we blame......    The establishment, illegals, the ‘fake news’, Obama, the liberals, the deep state, ‘never Trumpers’, political correctness, government watchdogs, Antifa, scientists, liberal governors, protesters, foreigners, China, Fauci, BLM, 

You guys gonna be OK?  Aiiighht

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Ex-officials say Trump administration didn't use pandemic 'playbooks'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-officials-say-trump-administration-didnt-use-pandemic-playbooks/ar-BB17jqkR?ocid=msedgdhp
George W. Bush wearing a suit and tie: President George W. Bush speaks about the administration's national strategy for pandemic influenza preparedness and response at William Natcher Center of the National Institutes of Health, Nov. 1, 2005, in Bethesda, Md.
© Alex Wong/Getty Images President George W. Bush speaks about the administration's national strategy for pandemic influenza preparedness and response at William Natcher Center of the National Institutes of Health, Nov. 1, 2005, in Bethesda, Md.

President Donald Trump proclaimed in late March that “nobody knew there’d be a pandemic or an epidemic of this proportion.” Confronted with criticism of a lethargic national response, he lamented “a system we inherited” from past administrations.

The problem with both statements, according to former public health officials, is that prior administrations not only “knew there’d be a pandemic,” they planned for it – extensively.

They did so by crafting so-called “playbooks” and engaging in “table-top exercises” for hypothetical outbreaks – the results of which bore a striking resemblance to gaps that have emerged in the federal government’s response to COVID-19.

"I think that this current pandemic has really played out in many ways similar to exercises and table-top simulations that we had done many years ago,” said Dr. James Lawler, a former White House National Security Council (NSC) official during both the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations who worked specifically on pandemic preparedness.

image.png

It's a shame. Bush was terrified of a pandemic like the Spanish flu rolling through again so he set aside billions to create and maintain a pandemic playbook. I've linked the playbook here before:. Of course anything hosted on the CDC website is fake news though.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/pdf/pandemic-influenza-implementation.pdf

Here is a short COVID response from President Bush calling for unity. I have heard people call Bush a traitor against Trump and the Republican party for this. https://video.foxnews.com/v/6153736964001#sp=show-clips

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dynato said:

It's a shame. Bush was terrified of a pandemic like the Spanish flu rolling through again so he set aside billions to create and maintain a pandemic playbook. I've linked the playbook here before:. Of course anything hosted on the CDC website is fake news though.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/pdf/pandemic-influenza-implementation.pdf

Here is a short COVID response from President Bush calling for unity. I have heard people call Bush a traitor against Trump and the Republican party for this. https://video.foxnews.com/v/6153736964001#sp=show-clips

I never voted for Bush and I was opposed to his policies in the Middle East.  But, I never thought he was only doing the job of POTUS to personally line his pockets or that he did damage to this country to satisfy his ego.  

The orange doofus is all about himself.  He cares nothing for the country.  He has hijacked the GOP and his Klown Kar of Kultists merrily go along for the ride without a care about others.  

It shouldn't come as a surprise that they are all heading toward a brick wall come November. 

13 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Looks like Minneapolis police now believe the genesis of the Minneapolis riots came from the actions of, you guessed it, a white supremacist looking to incite violence and racial tension.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-george-floyd-unrest-umbrella-man-20200728-j5dwkcthcfg7djdsctcvr7thcq-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Lol, even if true (no charges filed yet).....show the video of the next 100 people that went in and came out of the AutoZone looting before it went up in flames.  Like everything else, selective reporting.  

Does that also mean that Floyd's criminal history, currently being high on fentynal, and passing counterfeit money was the genesis of what occurred?  

• Upvote 1

Like when the police leave the keys in the car and the doors open.

It's the cops fault that guy stole the bait car.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

You guys gonna be OK?  Aiiighht

I'm very worried for law and hayduke. It's weird how Donald Trump has made well-adjusted members of society into nutjobs.

I am fully on board with people not liking the guy, plenty there to dislike whether you are a republican or a democrat or independent. I personally go back and forth on liking him, but the second people start foaming at the mouth either in support or against the guy, you I quit paying attention to what they are saying.

The most amusing thing I have observed is after screaming "Trump is a racist and a liar" for the last four years, Democrats have chosen Joe Biden of all people as their candidate. Talk about a troubling past lol.

• Upvote 2

I like Alex, he has a lot of good things to say. 

Sounds like Minneapolis is going to enact some restrictions on bars. 

Frey has a presser at 3:30

15 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Looks like Minneapolis police now believe the genesis of the Minneapolis riots came from the actions of, you guessed it, a white supremacist looking to incite violence and racial tension.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-george-floyd-unrest-umbrella-man-20200728-j5dwkcthcfg7djdsctcvr7thcq-story.html%3foutputType=amp

The riot was going on before his actions. This is just an attempt to steer the blame away from where it belongs.

• Upvote 2

Louie Gohmert wearing a suit and tie: Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, questions Attorney General William Barr during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on the oversight of the Department of Justice on Capitol Hill, Tuesday, July 28, 2020 in Washington. (Chip Somodevilla/Pool via AP)

Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican who has frequently refused to wear a mask, has tested positive for coronavirus.

"I can't help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, that if I might have put some germs or some of the virus onto the mask and breathed it in," Gohmert said. He added that he has been wearing a mask more during the past two weeks than he has in the past three or four months.

"I can't help but think that if I hadn't been wearing a mask so much in the last 10 days or so, I really wonder if I would have gotten it," Gohmert added. "You know, moving the mask around, getting it just right, we're bound to put some virus on the mask that I sucked in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/louie-gohmert-whos-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-covid-19/ar-BB17ku0w?ocid=msedgdhp

image.png

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Louie Gohmert wearing a suit and tie: Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, questions Attorney General William Barr during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on the oversight of the Department of Justice on Capitol Hill, Tuesday, July 28, 2020 in Washington. (Chip Somodevilla/Pool via AP)

Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican who has frequently refused to wear a mask, has tested positive for coronavirus.

"I can't help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, that if I might have put some germs or some of the virus onto the mask and breathed it in," Gohmert said. He added that he has been wearing a mask more during the past two weeks than he has in the past three or four months.

"I can't help but think that if I hadn't been wearing a mask so much in the last 10 days or so, I really wonder if I would have gotten it," Gohmert added. "You know, moving the mask around, getting it just right, we're bound to put some virus on the mask that I sucked in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/louie-gohmert-whos-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-covid-19/ar-BB17ku0w?ocid=msedgdhp

image.png

“Doc, I catch Covid when I shake hands then fiddle with my mask”

Doc, “Don’t do that” 

10 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

989FE267-B6C4-46DE-BC6C-2499DBB55B19.jpeg

I see.

So..  how many died in Oklahoma City again, Mr. False Equivalency?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.

So..  how many died in Oklahoma City again, Mr. False Equivalency?

I agree with you on the false equivalency. But to be fair, had the building been empty, he still would have been in jail for the rest of his life.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I agree with you on the false equivalency. But to be fair, had the building been empty, he still would have been in jail for the rest of his life.

But, it was not empty and he knew it.

Congratulations, you are the runner up in the Mr. False Equivalency pageant. 

3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm very worried for law and hayduke. It's weird how Donald Trump has made well-adjusted members of society into nutjobs.

I am fully on board with people not liking the guy, plenty there to dislike whether you are a republican or a democrat or independent. I personally go back and forth on liking him, but the second people start foaming at the mouth either in support or against the guy, you I quit paying attention to what they are saying.

The most amusing thing I have observed is after screaming "Trump is a racist and a liar" for the last four years, Democrats have chosen Joe Biden of all people as their candidate. Talk about a troubling past lol.

And as troubling as his past is...his present is painful to watch.

15 minutes ago, petey23 said:

And as troubling as his past is...his present is painful to watch.

Is Hayduke and Hayduke1 the same person?

51 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You actually are incapable of having a civil conversation. I agreed with you and you still act like a child.

Then, I hereby strip you of the runner up award.  My apologies. 

I guess my point is that these incidents do no even come close to the level of damage inflicted by McVeigh. 

8 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Then, I hereby strip you of the runner up award.  My apologies. 

I guess my point is that these incidents do no even come close to the level of damage inflicted my McVeigh. 

Yeah I dont think anyone (speaking generally) really cares that McVeigh attacked a Federal building, they care about how he did it and who he hurt.

The antifa people...havent built a fertilizer bomb as far as I know, but they are f'ing nuts and need to be brought to heel.

The Feds will eventually come after you no matter what sort of trouble you are causing, but attacking a Federal Courthouse is practically begging the Feds to come knock some skulls. That's not some Branch Davidian or Ruby Ridge stuff where people might be curious why the Feds are getting involved, that's a brazen attack/assault/(insert term here) on the federal government's property and employees.

I dont think Obama or Bush or Clinton or any President would tolerate this. I'm sure each of them (and their AG's) would put their own spin or fingerprints on it. But I cant imagine any of them would just sit there and do nothing.

Hell, Janet Reno would have flattened downtown Portland by now... lol

• Upvote 2