Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

You are the one obsessed with a message board full of mostly "hermit" North Dakotans......who's the idiot?

Are you upset?

Need a tissue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hayduke1

    1804

  • Oxbow6

    1780

  • BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

    1134

  • The Sicatoka

    1069

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

Think critically about the logistics of working in a classroom during a pandemic and you'll find why it is not an easy decision to make.

If a positive case is identified, does the entire class get tested and quarantine for two weeks? Or only teachers get tested since kids are safe? 

Does the entire school get tested? Or only after a breakout? And what even defines a "breakout"?

Would parents or the school be responsible for testing?

Does the school shutdown for a deep clean? 

Are teachers responsible for the new burden of cleanliness and health supplies for the classroom like they are other supplies?

Will students/families have to tell school personnel if they have traveled to COVID hotspots?

How likely is it that a kids parents send them to school despite having covid (or covid symptoms)?

Does the teacher work through Covid (remotely) if they get it? Or do they need to use sick hours?

How do you protect an older teacher who is legitimately at risk? Fire them? (~20% of public school teachers are over 55 years old, too many to just replace)

What happens when a teacher dies? 

Will substitute teachers even be willing to step in and risk infection if they aren't provided additional coverage/pay?

What happens when multiple teachers die?

What happens when that 1 in a 1M covid <18 child death happens in your school district? 

Does the school pay for the funeral or do you pay OOP?

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm curious. Explain to me why you believe this former CIA analyst is a white supremacist? Please let me know specific examples.

15 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm curious. Explain to me why you believe this former CIA analyst is a white supremacist? Please let me know specific examples.

15 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm curious. Explain to me why you believe this former CIA analyst is a white supremacist? Please let me know specific examples.

15 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm curious. Explain to me why you believe this former CIA analyst is a white supremacist? Please let me know specific examples.

On 7/21/2020 at 8:42 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

A man is dead and some lives shattered.

Get your virtue signalling rage chubby in the dumpster fire thread.

The many people who disapproved of his job performance in ND are 0.0 percent responsible for the what 2 criminals did in SC.

I don't like the Gophers. I mourn and feel empathy towards them and their families when real tragedy strikes. Thats huamanity.

Its not about you or your cause of the week. A man died.

Take it to the dumpster or log the heck off.

Be a better human. 

f*ck you for judging me and pretending you cared about a someone most of UND hated and couldn't wait to get rid of.

If you care about someone who REALLY gave to UND go here...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dewwdu-caring-for-a-caregiver?utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

 

and F*CK you again judgy aholeQ

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

f*ck you for judging me and pretending you cared about a someone most of UND hated and couldn't wait to get rid of.

If you care about someone who REALLY gave to UND go here...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dewwdu-caring-for-a-caregiver?utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

 

and F*CK you again judgy aholeQ

Do your parents know you snuck on the computer again?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know the answer here, but something seems to be going in the right direction for the meat packing plants across the country. Seems to be meat in grocery stores. They are no longer in the news as hot spots that shut down. Did they figure something out? I'm just guessing, but may be it's masks, washing hands, social/at work distancing, any signs of not feeling good- stay at home, plexiglass and etc?   

Are they all back open?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the schools learn something from the meat packing plants?
Maybe kids couldn't adhere to all the rule changes needed to comply to a good fight against the pandemic?
Maybe the administration and teachers don't know what would be a good and economical plan of attach, if the schools were full of students? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dynato said:

Think critically about the logistics of working in a classroom during a pandemic and you'll find why it is not an easy decision to make.

If a positive case is identified, does the entire class get tested and quarantine for two weeks? Or only teachers get tested since kids are safe? 

Does the entire school get tested? Or only after a breakout? And what even defines a "breakout"?

Would parents or the school be responsible for testing?

Does the school shutdown for a deep clean? 

Are teachers responsible for the new burden of cleanliness and health supplies for the classroom like they are other supplies?

Will students/families have to tell school personnel if they have traveled to COVID hotspots?

How likely is it that a kids parents send them to school despite having covid (or covid symptoms)?

Does the teacher work through Covid (remotely) if they get it? Or do they need to use sick hours?

How do you protect an older teacher who is legitimately at risk? Fire them? (~20% of public school teachers are over 55 years old, too many to just replace)

What happens when a teacher dies? 

Will substitute teachers even be willing to step in and risk infection if they aren't provided additional coverage/pay?

What happens when multiple teachers die?

What happens when that 1 in a 1M covid <18 child death happens in your school district? 

Does the school pay for the funeral or do you pay OOP?

 

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

Ok, now do nurses.

 

6 hours ago, dynato said:

I'd let the nurses get this one but some of you forced them off this thread with your blatant disregard and passive aggressive attacks against their experiences. So how about you do some critical thinking and respond with some reasonable answers/solutions instead of avoiding the conversation by derailing it?

Valid questions you pose in the first post. I guess a vaccine is your only "answer/solution" to all your questions above because your last 3 questions are basically Chicken Little. Even if coronavirus is on the same level as the flu for all those in a school setting why were we not asking these questions  decades ago? Why has school ever been open from November thru March in the upper Midwest?

The comment on "now do nurses" or for that matter healthcare workers in general is valid to "critical thinking" in the same context of the questions you asked about teachers. The overall healthcare system would be nonfunctional if it went with all the what ifs you bring up above.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....it's a vaccine  or bust in your opinion for any normalcy in our society in our current state....especially as it relates to school reopening.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Can the schools learn something from the meat packing plants?
Maybe kids couldn't adhere to all the rule changes needed to comply to a good fight against the pandemic?
Maybe the administration and teachers don't know what would be a good and economical plan of attach, if the schools were full of students? 

It is  also not economical to leave kids out of school. In the long run, poor education has been correlated to an increase crime and poverty, ultimately leading to a lower quality of life. We need educated youth. We need teachers to teach students. 

Regulating students is a nightmare. Depending on age. But still a nightmare. Many have no comprehension of their actions and when they are older rebel against authority. Then you have the parents who would raise hell if you mandated their kids wear a mask. Just bad all around. I see the valid solution being leaned towards is regulate/protect only the teachers. Make them mask up and PPE themselves as much as possible. Again, they need definitive answers to the questions outlined above so they know the risk, the hassle, the pay, and if it is worth it to stay in their current career path. This is how every industry with any level of hazard works. 

12 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Valid questions you pose in the first post. I guess a vaccine is your only "answer/solution" to all your questions above because your last 3 questions are basically Chicken Little. Even if coronavirus is on the same level as the flu for all those in a school setting why were we not asking these questions  decades ago? Why has school ever been open from November thru March in the upper Midwest?

The comment on "now do nurses" or for that matter healthcare workers in general is valid to "critical thinking" in the same context of the questions you asked about teachers. The overall healthcare system would be nonfunctional if it went with all the what ifs you bring up above.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....it's a vaccine  or bust in your opinion for any normalcy in our society in our current state....especially as it relates to school reopening.

I didn't say what the solution is. You are suppose to take in information and come to a reasonable conclusion yourself and then us have a dialogue on it. The last 3 questions are part of the reality teachers and families would be facing, you can't just shut them down because they are difficult. They need to be answered and not ignored.

COVID is much more aggressive in transmission than the flu to everyone, and more aggressive with hospitalizations and death to older people. So we need to balance against that. Again, you are right, students are safe from COVID. But students are little disease spreading monsters as is. They still need to stay home when they are sick and quite a few still don't. They have thought about this. School shuts down for several times during peak flu season for a reason, and its not just to give students and teachers a free arbitrary three weeks break. Think about why the general workforce doesn't shutdown for these breaks but schools do. Logistically if schools were kept open, flu would spread, kids and faculty would be out of school anyway. It's easier to have everyone stay home for three weeks (gasp like a quarantine to flatten the curve).

The comment of do nurse is a valid train of thought for an entirely different industry and conversation. You wan't teachers back in school. Answer the questions above. Don't dodge it completely, this is why they are not putting teachers back in school. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Valid questions you pose in the first post. I guess a vaccine is your only "answer/solution" to all your questions above because your last 3 questions are basically Chicken Little. Even if coronavirus is on the same level as the flu for all those in a school setting why were we not asking these questions  decades ago? Why has school ever been open from November thru March in the upper Midwest?

The comment on "now do nurses" or for that matter healthcare workers in general is valid to "critical thinking" in the same context of the questions you asked about teachers. The overall healthcare system would be nonfunctional if it went with all the what ifs you bring up above.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....it's a vaccine  or bust in your opinion for any normalcy in our society in our current state....especially as it relates to school reopening.

Vaccine is the ace in the hole, need to dig it out.
How do we get through these next 6 months without overwelming medical care?
 

Masks, wash hands, social distancing, plexiglass, and etc.
Partial lock downs?
Open everything up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dynato said:

It is  also not economical to leave kids out of school. In the long run, poor education has been correlated to an increase crime and poverty, ultimately leading to a lower quality of life. We need educated youth. We need teachers to teach students. 

Regulating students is a nightmare. Depending on age. But still a nightmare. Many have no comprehension of their actions and when they are older rebel against authority. Then you have the parents who would raise hell if you mandated their kids wear a mask. Just bad all around. I see the valid solution being leaned towards is regulate/protect only the teachers. Make them mask up and PPE themselves as much as possible. Again, they need definitive answers to the questions outlined above so they know the risk, the hassle, the pay, and if it is worth it to stay in their current career path. This is how every industry with any level of hazard works. 

I didn't say what the solution is. You are suppose to take in information and come to a reasonable conclusion yourself and then us have a dialogue on it. The last 3 questions are part of the reality teachers and families would be facing, you can't just shut them down because they are difficult. They need to be answered and not ignored.

COVID is much more aggressive in transmission than the flu to everyone, and more aggressive with hospitalizations and death to everyone else. So we need to balance against that. Again, you are right, students are safe from COVID. But students are little disease spreading monsters as is. They still need to stay home when they are sick and quite a few still don't. They have thought about this. School shuts down for several times during peak flu season for a reason, and its not just to give students and teachers a free arbitrary three weeks break. Think about why the general workforce doesn't shutdown for these breaks but schools do. Logistically if schools were kept open, flu would spread, kids and faculty would be out of school anyway. It's easier to have everyone stay home for three weeks (gasp like a quarantine to flatten the curve).

The comment of do nurse is a valid train of thought for an entirely different industry and conversation. You wan't teachers back in school. Answer the questions above. Don't dodge it completely, this is why they are not putting teachers back in school. 

 

How is elementary school different than the daycares that have been open since March? Where are the outbreaks among the families of the workers? The grandparents of the children who have been around other disease spreading monsters?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

1. To not overwelme the health care system,
till we get a vaccine.

You haven’t been paying attention if you still think that’s what they are trying to do. Flatten the curve is no longer the goal. Now it’s to, as was said, eradicate the disease before we can go back to our lives. Unprecedented to say the least.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

1. To not overwelme the health care system,
till we get a vaccine.

The month of April called. It wants its narrative back.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How is elementary school different than the daycares that have been open since March? Where are the outbreaks among the families of the workers? The grandparents of the children who have been around other disease spreading monsters?

Elementay school at full capacity would be like putting all local daycares into one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Elementay school at full capacity would be like putting all local daycares into one.

But it only takes one kid and then.....EXPONENTIAL TRANSMISSION.    

Did I do that right?  Hasn't happened yet but it should any day now.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

1. To not overwelme the health care system,
till we get a vaccine.

Did you mean to put healthcare systems out of business by not overwhelming them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Elementay school at full capacity would be like putting all local daycares into one.

Maybe you haven’t seen some of the daycares, my kids’ day care is the size of about 3-4 full sized class rooms and has 250 kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...