SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

REALLY?   so you're happy to wear a mask everywhere during the covid pandemic because it's the "RIGHT" thing to do as a human being and not an infringement on your liberty?  (guessing NOT)

A man is dead and some lives shattered.

Get your virtue signalling rage chubby in the dumpster fire thread.

The many people who disapproved of his job performance in ND are 0.0 percent responsible for the what 2 criminals did in SC.

I don't like the Gophers. I mourn and feel empathy towards them and their families when real tragedy strikes. Thats huamanity.

Its not about you or your cause of the week. A man died.

Take it to the dumpster or log the heck off.

Be a better human. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Agree with your mask position, but due to your ridiculous lack of civility, respect, and social skills I’ve become a Great White groupie and volunteering at nursing homes. 

Well, as long as you are social distancing and wearing a mask...

There are few to respect here.  So, why should I care? 

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I know exactly why they did it. Doesn’t matter, in fact that makes it worse, they told a bold faced lie. 

So they flat out lied to us and you think they have our best interests in mind? Whose to say they aren’t giving us more BS half truths in July that will later be justified by “we know what’s best for you”

I 100% agree with you. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

They lied, we know that. This is Fauci explaining why the Surgeon General and CDC lied. Both need to find a new job for that. They pushed containment off the rails. 

Doesn’t change that fact that stats and studies are showing it makes a difference. I’m not trying to convince anyone to change their minds because studies also tell us that’s as rare as a unicorn. 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/06/dr-fauci-confirms-early-in-pandemic-america-was-lied-to-about-face-masks/

Lies have consequences. If their ultimate goal was to earn the nation’s trust when they roll out recommendations, beginning with a lie is the opposite of what should have been done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Went to a local grocery store early this morning (with a mask on).......half the employees not wearing masks. Store policy doesn't mandate masks at this point. In the future what should be my verbal and/or physical response to those "buffoons"? 

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Lies have consequences. If their ultimate goal was to earn the nation’s trust when they roll out recommendations, beginning with a lie is the opposite of what should have been done.

Agree 100%. The moment the SG made the statements it felt like PT Barnum was in charge. The reactions from my friends in the healthcare community were virtual horrified laughs out loud 

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Went to a local grocery store early this morning (with a mask on).......half the employees not wearing masks. Store policy doesn't mandate masks at this point. In the future what should be my verbal and/or physical response to those "buffoons"? 

If you are in a store that doesn’t require masks why would you care? 

10 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

If you are in a store that doesn’t require masks why would you care? 

Hmmmmmmm.....interesting. It has been reiterated repeatedly here not wearing masks everywhere in public kills people. Just looking for advice from the mask warriors.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hmmmmmmm.....interesting. It has been reiterated repeatedly here not wearing masks everywhere in public kills people. Just looking for advice from the mask warriors.

A real health care professional would advocate the use of masks.

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

A real health care professional would advocate the use of masks.

Which one are you?

rain-man-1988-dustin-hoffman-tom-cruise-grey-suits-00n-5u3-1000x750.jpg

37 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

At this point, I'd shop at a different grocery store.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Which one are you?

rain-man-1988-dustin-hoffman-tom-cruise-grey-suits-00n-5u3-1000x750.jpg

I'm the one repeating the truth.  

We know which one you are.

Lol 

58 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I'm the one repeating

Exactly 

31 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If a private property owner doesn’t require masks, people who dislike masks should shop there. Anyone that jaws at them are out of line. 

People wanting an extra level of protection should go elsewhere but shouldn’t catch guff from anyone no matter where they are. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/4/2020 at 1:00 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

We're inching closer to having two economies:  a mask-required one and a mask-free one.  People can speak with their wallets, and I have to wonder how long the mask-required businesses will hold out if a sufficient number of people flock to the others.

I've seen nothing that would cause me to wear a mask 99% of the time, but if a particular transaction is essential to me, I may bite the bullet. But that thing is coming off the millisecond it is no longer "required." And I will go out of my way to shop mask-free, if that's what it comes to.

This didn't age too well, as the number of mask-optional choices is rapidly dwindling.  I stand by my statement, though, and I would be curious to track store-specific sales and traffic if a chain like Hugo's designated one location as face-friendly.  Makes for an interesting study in human behavior and economics.

Oh,  you don't say. 

How COVID-19 fatality reports are distorting the data on daily death rates

At issue is how state health departments publicize daily reports of fatalities within the state's borders. State health officials have for months been publishing two sets of mortality statistics: deaths that occurred on the publication date in question, and deaths that have only recently been catalogued from state backlogs. 

The Arizona Department of Health Services publishes both of those figures on its coronavirus dashboard: On its "Summary" page, it lists the "number of new deaths reported today," while on its "Covid-19 Deaths" tab, the state lists the actual "deaths by date of death."

The distinction is a critical one: The state's "new deaths" every day do not actually reflect the number of coronavirus fatalities Arizona has logged in the past 24 hours, but rather the number of COVID-19 deaths it has identified from both new and older death certificates. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if wearing a mask will soon become unpopular since President Trump tweeted this?

25 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Not sure how much stock I put in people wearing masks due to user error, choice of masks, etc. but don't judge people either way. Am amazed at the videos of the mask Nazis approaching people and pulling down their masks so they can scream in the non mask wearers face. I don't wear one outside or in my vehicle and I don't take virtue signaling selfies wearing one to post on social media. More than anything I just try and maintain distance in public settings which I have done for years.

I have a few in my vehicle and if I go Grocery shopping or into a convenience store I put one on. If I go into a place of business for work I usually throw one in my padfolio and read the room.

If I go out to lunch during the day I don't wear a mask and just maintain proper distancing as well as possible. 

Going to keep crushing Vitamin D and hope for the best. 

Sadly the issue of masks has become a flash-point for a culture war; albeit one where the Right is slowly aquiescing to reason.   This was illustrated perfectly when Mitch McConnell started advocating for masks and needed to tell his constituency “We must have no stigma, none,”  

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

I wonder if wearing a mask will soon become unpopular since President Trump tweeted this?

No, but wearing a mask is now patriotic.

This is Trump trying to get a chance at being re-elected.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

This didn't age too well, as the number of mask-optional choices is rapidly dwindling.  I stand by my statement, though, and I would be curious to track store-specific sales and traffic if a chain like Hugo's designated one location as face-friendly.  Makes for an interesting study in human behavior and economics.

Some businesses have gotten smart, require them and sell them at the front door.   I love free economy.  

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

Outside of his blustering, I was glad to see this tweet.  It should help get some cult members onboard.  

Others won't stop using masks.

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Some businesses have gotten smart, require them and sell them at the front door.   I love free economy.  

I was at a big (and still popular) mall last weekend.  While it was less crowded,  everything was open.  The big difference was that the kiosks in the aisles that depend on foot traffic were mostly closed.  The only ones that were staffed were the couple that were selling masks.  Capitalism!