SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

Well, I would count on medical professionals that advocated for the use of the facemask to proactively advocate for use of a reputable vaccine. 

Hopefully enough of those exist in our country...

By the way my dude, very good medical professionals have differences of opinion. On many things...not just masks.  It doesn’t make it right or wrong.  When you deal in ambiguity, there will always be different paths.  It’s a sign of low intelligence not to be open minded.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Hayduke:

i believe that wearing a mask in unknown social interactions is prudent, but do you understand how close your posts are to true Fascism and how much it sounds like commentary in late 1930’s

Do you realize that those that have been discounting the use of facemasks as told to us by medical professionals in our country sound eerily like that of fascists from the thirties?

Me?  I'm an anti-facist.  That's a good thing. 

15 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

By the way my dude, very good medical professionals have differences of opinion. On many things...not just masks.  It doesn’t make it right or wrong.  When you deal in ambiguity, there will always be different paths.  It’s a sign of low intelligence not to be open minded.

A good indicator of low intelligence is ignoring facts. 

Crappy health care workers ignore them. They probably would be better off working at Jiffy Lube.  Although, they would still need to wear a mask.

True health care professionals understand facts and science.  They advocate for the use of facemasks.  They can be trusted. 

https://www.registerguard.com/news/20200701/fact-check-masks-are-effective-against-covid-19-osha-doesnt-say-they-offer-no-protection

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

A good indicator of low intelligence is ignoring facts. 

Crappy health care workers ignore them. They probably would be better off working at Jiffy Lube.  Although, they would still need to wear a mask.

True health care professionals understand facts and science.  They can be trusted. 

https://www.registerguard.com/news/20200701/fact-check-masks-are-effective-against-covid-19-osha-doesnt-say-they-offer-no-protection

True health care professionals differ in opinion on courses of action.  Have you never been part of a consult? 

Being too passionate in a position is dangerous when you seek the best outcome.

being anti-fascist is a label.  It is not an intelligent position.  You can be fascist in your anti-fascism.  Political views are circular.  

My advice for you is to find inner peace and not be focused on the behaviors of others.  Attempting to control others is the basis of fascism.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

True health care professionals differ in opinion on courses of action.  Have you never been part of a consult? 

Being too passionate in a position is dangerous when you seek the best outcome.

being anti-fascist is a label.  It is not an intelligent position.  You can be fascist in your anti-fascism.  Political views are circular.  

My advice for you is to find inner peace and not be focused on the behaviors of others.  Attempting to control others is the basis of fascism.

And, you aren't?

Lol

Stick it.  I'll call crap out when I see it. In your convoluted reasoning I'm a facist?  Brother, you are clueless.  A real warped sense of history.  Its laughable and outside of this circle j#$# of Trumptards would not be accepted.

Lol

Even the fattest and most orange president in 100 years now says to wear a mask:

"We are United in our effort to defeat the Invisible China Virus, and many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can't socially distance," Trump tweeted on Monday -- nearly three months after the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended wearing masks in public"

Well, he knows he's dead in the water now.  Probably just gave in to the medical professionals knowing they were right for THE LAST THREE MONTHS.

So, shut the hell up and wear an effing mask.  Bunch of freaking pansies. If they don't, they're worthless and selfish POS who aren't even worth reasoning with anymore.  Ef em.  Just a bunch of big effing crybabies who deserve whatever fine or incarceration that would be levied on them. 

If our numbers keep going up, that is exactly what will happen.  And don't lay some BS claim that they aren't. We have around 4% of the worlds population and 33 % of the deaths.  Along with a bit over 25% of the cases.  If Brazil didnt have a president as arrogant and stupid as Trump, we would probably be way out in the "lead".  Instead, we just have a "comfortable" margin over Brazil.  You know, America first!

You should all be saying, "WTF??!!"   But, no.  Instead, time is spent by reich wing lunatics coming up with "valid" reasons for this insanity. 

Those bizarre reich wing websites are just fodder for the morons and milktoast for out of touch beliefs. No real data there.  Just lies and a hidden agenda to justify our pathetic "leader" for this mess.  

Now, did I hurt you feeeeeeelings or just sound a little too "shrill"?

Tough.  Get over it and do the right thing.   Or wallow in your ignorance. Like you bunch usually do. 

23 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

You do know that it is entirely possible to be upset and not like a job someone is doing, and still feel sad and offer condolences when tragedy strikes. It's called being a human being.

REALLY?   so you're happy to wear a mask everywhere during the covid pandemic because it's the "RIGHT" thing to do as a human being and not an infringement on your liberty?  (guessing NOT)

13 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Not Covid-19.  Not even close.  I realize this thread is now a complete cesspool but lets try and at least get deaths correct.  

What country do you live in? Covid started killing US citizens in March. It’s now mid July. 140 days and 140k deaths later, here we are. Would you like to look at the past month? Past week? Or would you like to see yesterday’s numbers that haven’t been fully counted yet? Here’s the data but warning it may be too difficult to understand.....

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths?country=~USA

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

What country do you live in? Covid started killing US citizens in March. It’s now mid July. 140 days and 140k deaths later, here we are. Would you like to look at the past month? Past week? Or would you like to see yesterday’s numbers that haven’t been fully counted yet? Here’s the data but warning it may be too difficult to understand.....

Not questiining the overall death total but IIRC the CDC has noted a decrease in weekly death totals the past 10 weeks. 

39 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Good try, but they don't care to face reality.  

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not questiining the overall death total but IIRC the CDC has noted a decrease in weekly death totals the past 10 weeks. 

I think everyone would like to hope that covid is becoming less deadly but we have no solid data to back up that hope yet. 

If you take a look at the NCHS Mortality Surveillance Data Chart the weekly US death average has dipped below 7,000 deaths per week five weeks ago. But many deaths from the past several weeks have not yet been counted...

"Data for recent weeks are incomplete, and the PIC percentage may increase as more death certificates representing deaths during these weeks are processed."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/07172020/nchs-mortality-report.html

99.96% of Americans have not died of/from/with Covid. 99.99% under 65.

98.8% of Americans have not tested positive for Covid.

Of those currently  positive for Covid, 1% are in serious/critical condition.

All of this inspite of large gatherings to protest, some people refusing to wear masks, varying degrees of social distancing...

Saying it this way won’t generate clicks though....Not saying it isn’t a nasty virus, not saying you shouldn’t take precautions, just saying...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

99.96% of Americans have not died of/from/with Covid. 99.99% under 65.

98.8% of Americans have not tested positive for Covid.

Of those positive for Covid, 1% are in serious/critical condition.

All of this inspite of large gatherings to protest, some people refusing to wear masks, varying degrees of social distancing...

Saying it this way won’t generate clicks though....Not saying it isn’t a nasty virus, not saying you shouldn’t take precautions, just saying...

So, about 1% of US population tested positive for Covid.

Of that 1% that tested positve, 1% are in a serious/critical condition.

So how high can we let the serious/critcal condition #'s go before the hospitals cann't handle the sick?

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So, about 1% of US population tested positive for Covid.

Of that 1% that tested positve, 1% are in a serious/critical condition.

So how high can we let the serious/critcal condition #'s go before the hospitals and handle the sick.

Some of the positive tests are dead or recovered.  1% of active are serious/critical

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

When is the last day we had over 1000 deaths?

51 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I think everyone would like to hope that covid is becoming less deadly but we have no solid data to back up that hope yet. 

If you take a look at the NCHS Mortality Surveillance Data Chart the weekly US death average has dipped below 7,000 deaths per week five weeks ago. But many deaths from the past several weeks have not yet been counted...

"Data for recent weeks are incomplete, and the PIC percentage may increase as more death certificates representing deaths during these weeks are processed."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/07172020/nchs-mortality-report.html

Are you hoping for more deaths to be processed, not sure of your tone. 

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

When is the last day we had over 1000 deaths?

July 15 and death certificates from the last several weeks are still coming in causing these numbers to rise.

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

July 15 and death certificates from the last several weeks are still coming in causing these numbers to rise.

You sound excited.  Aroused perhaps?

Where are the death certificates from the weeks before the weeks before then?  Shouldn't those new deaths have been pouring in over the past few days?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Are you hoping for more deaths to be processed, not sure of your tone. 

Absolutely not. I’m doing my part to hopefully help reduce the deaths by wearing a mask. You should ask the buffoons who refuse to wear masks this question.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Absolutely not. I’m doing my part to hopefully help reduce the deaths by wearing a mask. You should ask the buffoons who refuse to wear masks this question.

I live in ND where nobody dies and nobody visits.  We good.

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

This is the tone I can’t get on board with. Name calling and judgement. Four months ago, the “most knowledgeable person on the planet” on this subject told people not to wear masks, not four years ago, not four decades ago, four months. Now that advice has changed, but could change back at any moment it seems given the consistency of the message we get from our medical community.

If you want to be upset with someone, and call anyone buffoons, be upset with the “experts” for their lack of a consistent message, not at the people who are fed up with a government that consistently lies to them and changes “facts” depending on which way the political winds are blowing.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Gotta speak the truth and repeat.  Cuz, well, true medical professionals know that advocating face mask usage for all is the right thing to do. 

If they do not advocate their usage, they shouldn't be considered professionals and should probably become pizza delivery drivers.  Although they'd still have to wear a mask. 

Agree with your mask position, but due to your ridiculous lack of civility, respect, and social skills I’ve become a Great White groupie and volunteering at nursing homes. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This is the tone I can’t get on board with. Name calling and judgement. Four months ago, the “most knowledgeable person on the planet” on this subject told people not to wear masks, not four years ago, not four decades ago, four months. Now that advice has changed, but could change back at any moment it seems given the consistency of the message we get from our medical community.

If you want to be upset with someone, and call anyone buffoons, be upset with the “experts” for their lack of a consistent message, not at the people who are fed up with a government that consistently lies to them and changes “facts” depending on which way the political winds are blowing.

I apologize for calling them buffoons:)

Why do you think the experts advised against masks initially?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Why do you think the experts advised against masks initially?

I know exactly why they did it. Doesn’t matter, in fact that makes it worse, they told a bold faced lie. 

So they flat out lied to us and you think they have our best interests in mind? Whose to say they aren’t giving us more BS half truths in July that will later be justified by “we know what’s best for you”

• Upvote 1