SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Are the stores requiring masks a profit center for them.  Menards won’t turn you away but will sell you a mask.  Have to imagine Walmart will do the same.  I love capitalism.  Really a win, win for these retailers.  

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

What hospital has coded deaths fraudulently as covid19 to generate revenue?

Yeah, that conspiracy theory has been perplexing.  There is little upside and a ton of downside to committing that kind of fraud.  I’m sure across the country someone has done it, but there is no evidence it is widespread or exists at all.

Director of ID in MN stated those over 90 have a 45% mortality rate with Covid19.  Over 100......58%.

Zero mortality rate in HS kids and younger.

I'm sure Walz will chew on all the numbers and come to a logical  decision on the reopening school issue........  :silly:

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Director of ID in MN stated those over 90 have a 45% mortality rate with Covid19.  Over 100......58%.

What’s the avg that someone over 90 makes it through the following year? 100?  

9 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Yeah, that conspiracy theory has been perplexing.  There is little upside and a ton of downside to committing that kind of fraud.  I’m sure across the country someone has done it, but there is no evidence it is widespread or exists at all.

They actually do it daily. This has been going on for years and years, we’ll before covid. Coding audits occur and fix at a later date. This is a well known issue in the healthcare industry.

#coding4dollars

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

What’s the avg that someone over 90 makes it through the following year? 100?  

Irrelevant.....Covid19 questions only. Please stay on point. ;)

52 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

What hospital has coded deaths fraudulently as covid19 to generate revenue?

All of them that have had a covid related death. They then say they are just following CDC guidelines.

Alabama just issued a statewide mask order.  Damn those liberals and their covid scare tactics!!!:devil:  

C'mon yall.  Grand Forks can resist the liberal onslaught of BLM and Covid, we're the real 'Murica!!

Edited by UNDBIZ
Removed gif with n bomb
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I'll preface by saying I have been wearing a mask when in public.

Why has it been so difficult for our public health officials to come to a consensus on this topic?

Fauci has said masks don't help, Osterholm has said he actually opposes masks as they give people a false sense of confidence. Even the surgeon general told us not to wear masks in March. Now, some health officials have said they purposely lied to us so people wouldn't hoard N95 masks and save them for the medical community, but that just builds further distrust.

If I can ask you as someone who I assume, based on conversations in the past week, leans left. Why are you so pro-mask when even the experts on this topic can't come to a clear consensus?

Surgeon General and CDC desperate to maintain control over the mask supply lied to everyone. 

Rather than just say, ‘professionals need 95s, please make your own, they are useful”, the SG tweeted one of the biggest lies and blunders of modern history:

“Seriously people—STOP BUYING MASKS“ Then he added the the lie, “They are NOT effective preventing the general public from catching the #coronavirus”, then the epic fail in lie logic, “But if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!” 
Wait what?

It gets better though, a week later on Face The Nation he doubled down with, “Masks don’t work” (wait for it, wait for it) “for the general public”

Of course the SG and CDC restated policy after the CDC had a steady supply of masks.

That tweet and statement changed the world. While China, Korea, Japan, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and others effectively shut down their virus spread with mandatory (homemade or otherwise) masks and then reopened their economies, we sat around and collectively argued about masks. And here we are. 

Another big poll released today from NBC/WSJ.  https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6989473/200356-NBCWSJ-July-Poll-7-15-2020-Release.pdf

This one is interesting because it has the congressional breakdown of only +4 for the Ds, and that would possibly put the House in play.  However, it is also Biden +11.

This is the main poll Q in my opinion, and aligns with other polls.  50% have completely ruled out voting for him.

(ASKED IF NOT SUPPORTING DONALD TRUMP)

Q10A Even though you are not supporting Donald Trump now, what are the chances that you might support Trump in this year's presidential election--is there a fair chance that you might support him, a small chance, just a very slight chance, or no chance at all you might support him?

+ Fair chance you might support .................. 1

Small chance ............................................. 3

Very slight chance ................................... 6

No chance at all you might support........... 50

Not sure ................................................... -

Currently supporting Trump....................... 40

3 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Alabama just issued a statewide mask order.  Damn those liberals and their covid scare tactics!!!:devil:  

C'mon yall.  Grand Forks can resist the liberal onslaught of BLM and Covid, we're the real 'Murica!!

You wrote the same thing in two different posts trying to get a reaction.  That's really lame.  

Edited by UNDBIZ
Edited quote
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Another big poll released today from NBC/WSJ.  https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6989473/200356-NBCWSJ-July-Poll-7-15-2020-Release.pdf

This one is interesting because it has the congressional breakdown of only +4 for the Ds, and that would possibly put the House in plan.  However, it is also Biden +11.

This is the main poll Q in my opinion, and aligns with other polls.  50% have completely ruled out voting for him.

(ASKED IF NOT SUPPORTING DONALD TRUMP)

Q10A Even though you are not supporting Donald Trump now, what are the chances that you might support Trump in this year's presidential election--is there a fair chance that you might support him, a small chance, just a very slight chance, or no chance at all you might support him?

+ Fair chance you might support .................. 1

Small chance ............................................. 3

Very slight chance ................................... 6

No chance at all you might support........... 50

Not sure ................................................... -

Currently supporting Trump....................... 40

So 50% of those not supporting him now have ruled out supporting him in the election.  That leaves 50% to decide if they are for a defunding police policy, economic policy that is making business nervous and an environmental policy that will raise costs of good and drive business over seas OR what they see of Donald Trump.  

37 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

5 Things Dr. Fauci Says States in Trouble Need to Do Right Now
1."Everyone wear a mask."
2."Bars closed."
3."No congregating in crowds."
4."Keep your distance."
5."Protect the vulnerable."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/5-things-dr-fauci-says-states-in-trouble-need-to-do-right-now/ar-BB16MJJo?ocid=msedgdhp

No mention that I can see as to what "states in trouble" constitutes......that would have been the proper context to start with but hey Fauci gonna Fauci.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Absolutely!  I called the Distance Learning my kids did this spring 'School Lite'.  The homework they had was a fraction of what it normally was and there was little if any direct interaction with their teachers via Zoom or Facetime.  Anything they had a question on had to be submitted via email or internal school sites.  Needless to say, the kids loved it because they were done with school by about 10:30 am each day.  As far as any actual learning, I would say it was sporadic at best.

They had 2 weeks to prepare that material and plan. Speaking from experience they have been working all summer to develop Plan A, Plan B and Plan C for the fall. Here is another myth I can bust: "teachers have the summer off" not this summer, not any summer. 

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

They had 2 weeks to prepare that material and plan. Speaking from experience they have been working all summer to develop Plan A, Plan B and Plan C for the fall. Here is another myth I can bust: "teachers have the summer off" not this summer, not any summer. 

Wrong. 

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Explain to me what a full-time general ed/special ed/phy ed teacher does throughout the summer that would constitute "not having the summer off"?

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Explain to me what a full-time general ed/special ed/phy ed teacher does throughout the summer that would constitute "not having the summer off"?

an intense 12 week course of 12 ounce curls - you try dealing with those "students" for 9 months at a time!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

No mention that I can see as to what "states in trouble" constitutes......that would have been the proper context to start with but hey Fauci gonna Fauci.

No need for him to draw a line in the sand across America.
He's reminding the big boys shooting arrows at him where he stands on straight forward guidelines.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic