SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

10 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

When did it become okay to stop living?

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

What are people so afraid of?  Dying...or living? 

Exactly. At-risk people are afraid of dying, so that they can live. Therefore they are raging,  raging against the dying of the light.

That however, is crazy selfish of the ragers with asthma, cancer, diabetes, spleen issues, sickle cell, HBP, have an immune condition, are over 60, or are pregnant. Please stop the annoying raging and just die already, so others can live, live without a mask 8 months. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Exactly. At-risk people are afraid of dying, so that they can live. Therefore they are raging,  raging against the dying of the light.

That however, is crazy selfish of the ragers with asthma, cancer, diabetes, spleen issues, sickle cell, HBP, have an immune condition, are over 60, or are pregnant. Please stop the annoying raging and just die already, so others can live, live without a mask 8 months. 

"wear a mask already" and it will all go away.  IALTO.  

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

Thats what Bill Nye the science guy essentially just said this morning. 

Masks save lives! 

Goldman analysts estimate masks until a vaccine would change GDP 5% to the good and get people to work. Honestly I don’t care, I have a job and masks are infringing. Low wage service workers and single mothers should have gone to college, not my problem. 

13 hours ago, homer said:

He has to get out and explain policy if he wants to secure heir votes.   Biden has to actually explain what he is going to do if he wins.  His first attempt at his economic tax policy has some business pretty nervous.  

This will likely bring Biden down a bit in the polls.

Right now it appears his maximum capabilities are to shakily deliver a 5 to 10 minute scripted message.

I am interested to watch how it plays out and how the Democratic Party will try and limit and control the debates or even come up with a reason for them not to take place.

I, unfortunately due to personal family experience am able to recognize the signs and symptoms all too well. 

---his wife grabbing his arm/elbow for reassurance

---watching him know what he wants to say but being unable to verbalize those thoughts which leads to frustration and anger

---the far away, sometimes confused look

---Whatever you think of Biden, he was always confident and cocksure of himself. Those qualities are in a pretty diminished state right now.

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

This will likely bring Biden down a bit in the polls.

Right now it appears his maximum capabilities are to shakily deliver a 5 to 10 minute scripted message.

I am interested to watch how it plays out and how the Democratic Party will try and limit and control the debates or even come up with a reason for them not to take place.

I, unfortunately due to personal family experience am able to recognize the signs and symptoms all too well. 

---his wife grabbing his arm/elbow for reassurance

---watching him know what he wants to say but being unable to verbalize those thoughts which leads to frustration and anger

---the far away, sometimes confused look

---Whatever you think of Biden, he was always confident and cocksure of himself. Those qualities are in a pretty diminished state right now.

The absolute smartest thing Biden could do is come out and state that he is only planning to serve one term.  He could pitch it as a reset from the Trump era.  Maybe in his nomination acceptance speech.  And then float the names of all of the people who are in consideration for cabinet spots, etc.  Show that he will be surrounded by capable people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

The absolute smartest thing Biden could do is come out and state that he is only planning to serve one term.  He could pitch it as a reset from the Trump era.  Maybe in his nomination acceptance speech.  And then float the names of all of the people who are in consideration for cabinet spots, etc.  Show that he will be surrounded by capable people.

A bunch of the recognizable names he could put in his cabinet have gone so far left in their beliefs/promises I would welcome that.  

2 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

I think this is why his Veep choice is huge. Should Biden win I can't envision him still being in office come January 2022.

If you had told me that Biden would have been President back in 2016 had he been the nominee I would have been "well, this isn't ideal but alright lets see how the first couple years go and if he goes too far the American people will limit him in 2018 like they did to Bill Clinton after the disastrous first 2 years of his Presidency and he in my opinion, scandals aside, will go down in history as one of our better Presidents"...but Biden in 2020 is mentally and cognitively diminished and I worry a Biden Presidency will be severely co-opted by the lunatic left who has taken over the Democratic Party and I worry about what the people that will be in his administration are capable of.

10 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I think this is why his Veep choice is huge. Should Biden win I can't envision him still being in office come January 2022.

If you had told me that Biden would have been President back in 2016 had he been the nominee I would have been "well, this isn't ideal but alright lets see how the first couple years go and if he goes too far the American people will limit him in 2018 like they did to Bill Clinton after the disastrous first 2 years of his Presidency and he in my opinion, scandals aside, will go down in history as one of our better Presidents"...but Biden in 2020 is mentally and cognitively diminished and I worry a Biden Presidency will be severely co-opted by the lunatic left who has taken over the Democratic Party and I worry about what the people that will be in his administration are capable of.

Elizabeth Warren likely gets a seat at the table. If she becomes Treasury Secretary he loses support from big tech, big banks, and on-the-fence owners of 401ks and IRAs. 

1 minute ago, CarpeRemote said:

Elizabeth Warren likely gets a seat at the table. If she becomes Treasury Secretary he loses support from big tech, big banks, and on-the-fence owners of 401ks and IRAs. 

Makes sense, he said he is going to pick a minority.

• Upvote 3
19 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Wall Street already killed her campaign. I could see him having her in his administration but I don't think that is a name he floats prior to the election. Also, the Massachusetts Governor is a Republican(a squishy Rino) and would probably appoint a Rino to her seat.

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

He has referred to himself as a "transitional candidate" in several instances. 

39 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Wall Street already killed her campaign. I could see him having her in his administration but I don't think that is a name he floats prior to the election. Also, the Massachusetts Governor is a Republican(a squishy Rino) and would probably appoint a Rino to her seat.

Yeah, I think Warren is staying in the Senate.

1 hour ago, homer said:

A bunch of the recognizable names he could put in his cabinet have gone so far left in their beliefs/promises I would welcome that.  

Well, he's not choosing AOC.  LOL.

2 hours ago, wxman91 said:

Yeah, I think Warren is staying in the Senate.

Well, he's not choosing AOC.  LOL.

Economic policy, gun control, raising taxes  businesses amid a below expected 2020 due to Covid, reparations, free college tuition.  Most high profile democrats will be on record on their stance on those issues and they won’t all play well to the voting base that is in the fence.  

To your point, AOC has moved the entire party voting base that direction.  If Biden ever comes out and is forced to explain policies in these issues, he will run the risk of losing he middle man or frustrating a democratic base and voter turnout.  There is a reason he’s being kept to scripted speeches with no questions right now

AOC isn’t old enough to be on the ticket yet

where did all the normal people on both sides go

# defund Congress 

Burgum gives the ok for ND schools to reopen face to face. Gives the individual school boards the authority to decide how to approach it academically.

My odds that (Dictator) Walz allows the same approach by letting the 300 school districts in MN decide is 20% and got a Benjamin on the under. He is too much of a liberal "I know what's best for you" idiot.

Just now, UND1983 said:

Basically Burgum punted. Left it up to the districts 

Were you expecting him to make a sweeping one size fits all state wide approach? I wasn't but I think Walz will do that.

Belfield schools aren't the same as Bismarck schools which aren't the same as Enderlin schools. The Fargo school board will tuck up their collective nuts and go with a hybrid model which will be disastrous. 

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Were you expecting him to make a sweeping one size fits all state wide approach? I wasn't but I think Walz will do that.

Belfield schools aren't the same as Bismarck schools which aren't the same as Enderlin schools. The Fargo school board will tuck up their collective nuts and go with a hybrid model which will be disastrous. 

What did he decide really....to NOT shutdown the schools?  He already did that in June

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What did he decide really....to NOT shutdown the schools?  He already did that in June

What were you anticipating he would do?

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

What were you anticipating he would do?

Nothing, like he did.  Except he wasted people's time with a big presser to tell us he is doing nothing and leaving it up to districts.  That could've been sent out in a two paragraph release.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Nothing, like he did.  Except he wasted people's time with a big presser to tell us he is doing nothing and leaving it up to districts.  That could've been sent out in a two paragraph release.

Right, but this is probably the best case scenario for North Dakota given all the variables (assuming he didn't mandate schools be open statewide, which probably wasn't likely).

I can only hope Governor Walz follows suit.

Northern Minnesota is not the same as Metro Minneapolis/St Paul.

2 different worlds. You cannot treat them the same. 

If he wants to destroy the metro area, that's on him. But he should not destroy northern Minnesota simply because we reside in the same state.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Someone need to step up and tell the American people what the virus really is a bad cold or flu. All this shut down business needs to stop. It comes down to personal responsibility. If masks are the answer fine everyone one wear one but open everything up. We are makes this virus bigger than it is and needs to stop. Will you get sick? Maybe just like a flu or cold. Open everything up and deal with it. 

• Downvote 2
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic