SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

6 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

To #1, 15 seconds on Wikipedia would show you that the last two hate speech cases that got to the high court were decided 8-1 and 9-0 as protected by the 1st Amendment.  In other words, you are full of crap.

To #3, make the internet a regulated utility and then we can talk.

The Michigan militia was cheered by the right and the protesters by the left.  What was the difference?

I already admitted I misspoke. But that doesn't nullify that fact that free speech and the foundations of this country are absolutely under attack. BLM is chanting abolish capitalism at all of their rallies. If you don't think that undercuts the foundations of our society, nothing I say will convince you so I'll stop wasting my time.

Twitter and facebook and google have the ability to influence elections based on their censorship, would you be ok with that if a right leaning company wielded that power? It doesn't bother you because it isn't your ox being gored...yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I already admitted I misspoke. But that doesn't nullify that fact that free speech and the foundations of this country are absolutely under attack. BLM is chanting abolish capitalism at all of their rallies. If you don't think that undercuts the foundations of our society, nothing I say will convince you so I'll stop wasting my time.

Twitter and facebook and google have the ability to influence elections based on their censorship, would you be ok with that if a right leaning company wielded that power? It doesn't bother you because it isn't your ox being gored...yet.

FoxNews influences elections every night.

By the way, I let the conservative censorship opinion of yours go the first time, but now I’ll challenge it.  I call bull$%!#.  Kicking off Milo and Laura and fact checking lies from the President are not censorship.

9 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

FoxNews influences elections every night.

By the way, I let the conservative censorship opinion of yours go the first time, but now I’ll challenge it.  I call bull$%!#.  Kicking off Milo and Laura and fact checking lies from the President are not censorship.

Apples and oranges comparison and that is the exact contention the president is making in the link I gave you. If you are going to censor actively, you are a news station and people should be made aware that they aren't posting on an open forum that allows equal rights to both sides of the conversation.

Twitter has admitted to censorship of right leaning ideas. Did they fact check Obama the way they have Trump. 

You seem like an intelligent person. view it without your bias and it will become obvious they go well beyond fact checking. Again, ask yourself, if you'd be ok with this if it was turned the other way. If fox news wielded as much power as twitter, facebook and google, my guess is you'd have something more to say about their influence.

• Upvote 1

Twitter has about 2% of our population as users, IIRC.  Those using social media as abarometer for the election are going to be disappointed.  The unsilent minority represents very few in actuality.  

• Like 1
Just now, UND1983 said:

Twitter has about 2% of our population as users, IIRC.  Those using social media as abarometer for the election are going to be disappointed.  The unsilent minority represents very few in actuality.  

exactly! if everyone thought that twitter represented the current affairs in 'Merica they would think is pure chaos and destruction...take the 10 blueest of the blue counties...not even cities...just counties and ignore them and don't visit/live there and 'Merica is quite nice...just go for a walk and you'll see.

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I worry a bit that the right is in complete denial about Trump’s overall status in this country.  On some level, I find it a bit humorous that they are clinging to (and overstating) what happened in 2016 while ignoring 2018, but it becomes much more concerning when you think about how Trump will cry voter fraud and how his sheep will follow.  Make no mistake, if the election were to be held today, it would be a bloodbath.  There is certainly time for Biden to screw it up, but the denial by some on the right is eye-opening.

1 minute ago, wxman91 said:

I worry a bit that the right is in complete denial about Trump’s overall status in this country.  On some level, I find it a bit humorous that they are clinging to (and overstating) what happened in 2016 while ignoring 2018, but it becomes much more concerning when you think about how Trump will cry voter fraud and how his sheep will follow.  Make no mistake, if the election were to be held today, it would be a bloodbath.  There is certainly time for Biden to screw it up, but the denial by some on the right is eye-opening.

black votes can/normally decides elections...that's why they are scared of blexit and people like candance owens....AND nothing will get the black vote out like the good ole 1994 crime bill authoer joe joe biden...black people will be waiting for hours to vote for that fraud...yeah right.

6 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Non sequitur, but I'm actually of the opinion that Biden will win. Broad characterization of people who vote for Trump isn't helpful at all and IMO is the reason he got elected in the first place. 

Just now, wxman91 said:

I think you are overvaluing how good Biden is really doing but we will see.  The silent part of the country is quite numerous.

I will also revisit these posts in early November.

I mean that sincerely as a righty, MAGA, Trump lover who hates everyone but white people (did I do that right?) 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Non sequitur, but I'm actually of the opinion that Biden will win. Broad characterization of people who vote for Trump isn't helpful at all and IMO is the reason he got elected in the first place. 

That was a special throw-in for this forum who think that mask-wearers are sheeple.

41 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I think you are overvaluing how good Biden is really doing but we will see.  The silent part of the country is quite numerous.

I will also revisit these posts in early November.

I mean that sincerely as a righty, MAGA, Trump lover who hates everyone but white people (did I do that right?) 

I’m not overly confident and I’ve said multiple times that Biden could lose.  However, reading in between the lines on the current polls shows that Trump has an amazingly narrow path to victory.  The % who say they will absolutely not vote for him is extremely high.  Independents are strongly against him.  In states such as Texas, the R senate candidates are out performing Trump by a decent margin.  And as I’ve noted before, most people have already settled on their choice.

Of course, due to our electoral system, neither of our votes matter in the least (presuming you are in ND).

4 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe the black lives matter folks should just leave the country too eh? 

The race card.  No where did I mention anything having to do with race.  

Mid was response to your opinion of safety (how trump is handling Covid) vs third world countries.  

10 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

I’m not overly confident and I’ve said multiple times that Biden could lose.  However, reading in between the lines on the current polls shows that Trump has an amazingly narrow path to victory.  The % who say they will absolutely not vote for him is extremely high.  Independents are strongly against him.  In states such as Texas, the R senate candidates are out performing Trump by a decent margin.  And as I’ve noted before, most people have already settled on their choice.

Of course, due to our electoral system, neither of our votes matter in the least (presuming you are in ND).

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/polling/trump-rises-13-points-among-independents-june-shrinks-bidens-lead-overall

10 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

The path is small but in my opinion having visited some of those states in the last month for work, people in construction and manufacturing are nervous of a Biden win.  He has to get out and explain policy if he wants to secure heir votes.  A lot of them have had record years the last 3 years and even with nothing in April and part of May are still working and going to have a good year.  Biden has to actually explain what he is going to do if he wins.  His first attempt at his economic tax policy has some business pretty nervous.  

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

Hillary had much higher negatives than Biden.  I agree, no telling what will happen between now and November, but a vote would be ugly right now for the Republicans.  

15 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Hillary had much higher negatives than Biden.  I agree, no telling what will happen between now and November, but a vote would be ugly right now for the Republicans.  

Right now, no doubt.  Wait two weeks though.....

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

I’m not overly confident and I’ve said multiple times that Biden could lose.  However, reading in between the lines on the current polls shows that Trump has an amazingly narrow path to victory.  The % who say they will absolutely not vote for him is extremely high.  Independents are strongly against him.  

Agree, a very narrow path. Dems need to pick up a couple traditional states and it’s over. Ex: Pa, Mi, and Wi. 

Get a turnout in some key districts and we have a new president

But there’s been some oddities: Bush and Trump defied polls.

Supposedly AA males shifted just enough toward Trump to make a national difference; seems counterintuitive given recent events but I see valid arguments why that could continue.  

Trump and Bush motivated the base so we'll see. 2020 may go to the Dems.

Independents broke for Trump, but Independents also traditionally vote against the party in the White House. 

Fwiw, Pew says Independents lean left 17 vs 13%. But I’ve also found young males in group settings can be misleading about who they support.   

Biden and Trump can both be their own worst enemies, Trump is Trump, but Joe Biden is the least interesting man since Dukakis and has yet to holster his own Mayberry issue service revolver. 

But most importantly people vote their pocketbooks and the jury is still out  

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic