SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Maybe the black lives matter folks should just leave the country too eh? 

maybe just leave the cities that have been run by libtards for 60 years...

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Let's start with you first. Step away from the basement and and more so the keyboard. Get outside, talk a walk. Look at the trees and the grass, get outside in nature.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although I'd like schools to reopen as well, if the bold text above happens, then who will teach the kids?  Most schools are already struggling to find quality teachers.

Guess we'll find out as LA and San Diego school districts just announced they won't reopen campuses in the fall.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although I'd like schools to reopen as well, if the bold text above happens, then who will teach the kids?  Most schools are already struggling to find quality teachers.

How many teachers do you know that got into the Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismarck school system (i.e. any decent size school system).......that did a 180 and quit to do something completely unrelated?  Teachers love to whine about pay and make threats regarding no one being left to teach kids.....but very few actually leave the strong union, great benefits, and a 12 month salary for working 9 months per year gold mine.

My kid's teacher taught 2 groups for 40 minutes each a week this past spring when it went to online learning. You're damn right they don't wanna come back to work.    

• Upvote 3
47 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

No, but the people that truly don't feel safe in large urban areas could try something different by voting red instead of blue as 40-50 years of the latter helped create the situation they find so offensive.  

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

My kid's teacher taught 2 groups for 40 minutes each a week this past spring when it went to online learning. You're damn right they don't wanna come back to work.    

Great point. So with the significantly less contact time.....shouldn't that mean one teacher can cover more sections.....which equals fewer teacher positions?  

7 hours ago, 1972 said:

let me try to explain this one more time....n95 mask will protect the person wearing them, but does nothing to protect the general public.  they are designed to filter air intake, and have a valve in them to completely expell exhausted air. so if you have covid, and are wearing an n95 mask in public, you are not doing anything

Some N95s have valves, most currently available do not. None of the KN95s I’ve seen have valves.

Chinese standard KN95s are readily available to the public but due diligence is required; the FDA authorized KN95s as “respirators” April 2020 because the filtration was similar to our NIOSH N95s and our N95s were scarce.

BUT, many KN95s tested per OSHA direction by independent labs did not meet standards and lost the “respirator” designation. Some of those are still being sold unscrupulously as KNs. This is the list of manufacturers who lost the FDA authorization:

• CTT Co. Ltd.
• Daddybaby Co. Ltd.
• Dongguan Xianda Medical Equipment Co. Ltd. 
• Guangdong Fei Fan Mstar Technology Ltd.
• Guangdong Nuokang Medical Technology Co. Ltd.
• Huizhou Huinuo Technology Co. Ltd.
• Lanshan Shendun Technology Co.

3 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

So the 'science and medical experts' that we're all supposed to trust have been mostly wrong the whole time then, including Fauci.....

At some point, we just have to decide what's best for us individually. If someone wants to lock themselves in quarantine and wear a mask everywhere they go, have a blast.

Agreed, no one has been right. It is a novel virus and nothing was known about it 6 months ago. But I'm still going to at least defer to the experts opinions and at least listen to what they have to say instead of completely dismissing them instead of policiticians (on either side) or keyboard virologists.

As for moving forward, I'm in the same boat as you, people need to make their own decisions. I also am completely aware that people doing whatever they feel best for them indivdiually is why the US is on a completely different curve than other countries because there are way too many people that make very poor decisiosn. It isn't a coincidence that things are moving backwards in multiple southern states rather than forward (as they are in plenty of other countries). On top of that, what's right for ND/MN isn't the same as what is right for much more densely populated states and having that localized decision making is important.

38 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I realize the "just leave if you don't like it" comments in our country have been vilified as racist and xenophobic over the years, but I believe it's important to discuss what most people I've heard say that actually mean when they say that.

The United States is flawed, but it is also the most prosperous, equitable, self improving, welcoming, innovative(I could go on) society in the history of the known world. Note that I didn't say perfect, but what other country would even try the way we do?

Our system of governance was developed by geniuses who saw the flaws in each and every other system around the world and built the United States to be different. Fast forward 250 years later and we have people who seem to want to change our country into a type of system that the people who built this country specifically avoided because they simply don't allow the types of freedoms they hoped to create for citizens of the United States. So why are we allowing people to dismantle our country from within when a free person who wants to live under certain types of laws or have a certain way of living can move there. Those systems already exist elsewhere. Live there if you want to live that way, don't ruin this amazing country.

People scrimp, save, pinch every penny and scheme for generations figuring out how to get to the United States and live in this great society so they can change their life and the lives of their descendants and we are allowing it to be absolutely ruined from within. It's awful.

great post!

18 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

There might be some interesting information in there, but I just can’t get past the comparison between COVID and the common cold.  Especially the “dying off in summer” aspect. How does the author ignore what is happening outside of Central Europe?

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Agreed, no one has been right. It is a novel virus and nothing was known about it 6 months ago. But I'm still going to at least defer to the experts opinions and at least listen to what they have to say instead of completely dismissing them instead of policiticians (on either side) or keyboard virologists.

As for moving forward, I'm in the same boat as you, people need to make their own decisions. 

Ok, but respectfully......I also deferred to the experts and have been unimpressed with their results.

So, what's next? At what point do we decide ourselves what is expert opinion and hypothesis?

To your second point: will we ever be allowed to make our own decisions? If not, are you ok with that?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

So since the federal government failed to come up with uniform standards, it’s on the individual states for not counting covid testing in a uniform manner. Got it. Not sure what this mistake proves other than covid response in this country has been a $hit show.

It has exposed many mayors and governors as being political hacks that is for sure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I realize the "just leave if you don't like it" comments in our country have been vilified as racist and xenophobic over the years, but I believe it's important to discuss what most people I've heard say that actually mean when they say that.

The United States is flawed, but it is also the most prosperous, equitable, self improving, welcoming, innovative(I could go on) society in the history of the known world. Note that I didn't say perfect, but what other country would even try the way we do?

Our system of governance was developed by geniuses who saw the flaws in each and every other system around the world and built the United States to be different. Fast forward 250 years later and we have people who seem to want to change our country into a type of system that the people who built this country specifically avoided because they simply don't allow the types of freedoms they hoped to create for citizens of the United States. So why are we allowing people to dismantle our country from within when a free person who wants to live under certain types of laws or have a certain way of living can move there. Those systems already exist elsewhere. Live there if you want to live that way, don't ruin this amazing country.

People scrimp, save, pinch every penny and scheme for generations figuring out how to get to the United States and live in this great society so they can change their life and the lives of their descendants and we are allowing it to be absolutely ruined from within. It's awful.

What exactly is being ruined?

24 minutes ago, petey23 said:

It has exposed many mayors and governors as being political hacks that is for sure.

Frey and Walz are holding on line one.;) 

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

First amendment has already been nullified with the use of the term "hate speech" being legally enforceable. Public college campuses have become bastions of censorship. Twitter, facebook, instagram and google are knowingly and admittedly censoring conservative posts. During Covid, the right to peaceably assemble has become a crime, unless you are protesting. But you have to be protesting for BLM, if you protest for being able to open your business at the state capital it's against the law.

There is a reason they wrote this one down first, without this one, the rest don't matter.

Whole bunch of wrong in here.

• Hate speech is constitutional
  • College campuses can decide who to invite or not invite to speak, not a 1st amendment issue
  • Social media is private business, not a 1st amendment issue
  • Court challenges to the Constitutionality of COVID restrictions have been thrown out - see:  https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10451
  • How many of those protesters in Michigan that showed up like a militia were arrested?
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

• College campuses can decide who to invite or not invite to speak, not a 1st amendment issue
  • Court challenges to the Constitutionality of COVID restrictions have been thrown out - see:  https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10451
  • How many of those protesters in Michigan that showed up like a militia were arrested?

Great points. One could argue if it weren’t for the president calling everything he doesn’t agree with fake news, the above would have been well understood already. Talk about infringing on the first amendment.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, wxman91 said:

If a college and/or social media site wants to only report the far left version of events so be it.....but then own who you are and don't be afraid to announce yourself as a "Democrat" college....or a "liberal" social media site. In the case of colleges, it seems like a the publicly funded aspect of it might cause problems when it comes to being prejudiced towards certain beliefs.

21 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

1. You're correct, I misspoke, it is protected by the first amendment. But if it is up to our left leaning friends that will soon be a thing of the past.

2. Public college campuses do not get to decide who speaks beyond time, place and manner restrictions. This is public property, absolutely a first amendment issue.https://www.aclu.org/other/speech-campus#:~:text=Of course%2C public colleges and,campus on their own initiative. It is people who have been invited by students who have been not allowed to speak, to be clear.

3. This assertion is being rightfully challenged vigorously. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/. They have far too much power as a 'forum' to be allowed to censor in this way.

4/5. Though they may not have been arrested they were treated very differently than the protests involving BLM. A better example would have been churches being forced closed and pastors arrested during lockdown.

34 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Frey and Walz are holding on line one.;) 

....and on cue Walz uses his executive power to extend the state's peacetime emergency for another 30 days. Could not handled the rioting, looting, criminal activity and burning within his state but now trying once again to show he's not a eunuch.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

1. You're correct, I misspoke, it is protected by the first amendment. But if it is up to our left leaning friends that will soon be a thing of the past.

2. Public college campuses do not get to decide who speaks beyond time, place and manner restrictions. This is public property, absolutely a first amendment issue.https://www.aclu.org/other/speech-campus#:~:text=Of course%2C public colleges and,campus on their own initiative. It is people who have been invited by students who have been not allowed to speak, to be clear.

3. This assertion is being rightfully challenged vigorously. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/. They have far too much power as a 'forum' to be allowed to censor in this way.

4/5. Though they may not have been arrested they were treated very differently than the protests involving BLM. A better example would have been churches being forced closed and pastors arrested during lockdown.

To #1, 15 seconds on Wikipedia would show you that the last two hate speech cases that got to the high court were decided 8-1 and 9-0 as protected by the 1st Amendment.  In other words, you are full of crap.

To #3, make the internet a regulated utility and then we can talk.

The Michigan militia was cheered by the right and the protesters by the left.  What was the difference?

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic