SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

My,

Is that from someone coming from "God's Country"?   Maybe if they just had a few Jesus Camp's in their neighborhood?  Minus, well, the ones that don't fit in.. you know... 

Now, who you YOU define as "people"?  Take your time...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/outrage-mississippi-election-commissioner-complains-193132439.html'

You best stick to sports, son. 

Are all citizens of Mississippi required to register to vote?  

4 hours ago, wxman91 said:

Maybe the other party should come up with compelling ideas and try to earn their votes.

Not sure. The old "You are a victim, nothing is your fault, let us take care of you" campaign seems to work out well for the Democratic Politicians but not so well for those duped into voting for them.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, wxman91 said:

I think it'll either be Kamala Harris or Susan Rice.  Liz Warren is more valuable in the senate and the others that have been mentioned don't quite have the name recognition or experience that you'd normally want for someone a heartbeat away from the presidency.  And make no mistake, Joe is old, so having a qualified VP is important.  

If Biden wins the election the Veep will be sworn in as President before 2022.

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

You want a definition?

Go look in a mirror. .

Yeah, you've been on the site two weeks...I'm sure you have your finger on the pulse.

3 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

You want a definition?

Go look in a mirror. .

You have intellect issues.

Super woke, though.

So there's that.

Keep fighting the good fight, bud. You're special.

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Not sure. The old "You are a victim, nothing is your fault, let us take care of you" campaign seems to work out well for the Democratic Politicians but not so well for those duped into voting for them.

When urban Blacks vote for Ds it is because they are “duped”.  Loud and clear.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Obviously this can simply be explained by D policies to make sure that people have food to eat and a roof over their head.

image.png.a67f1983eac3acbe5defceb709febbce.png

Exactly Dem policy to keep the plantation.

On 7/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, Goon said:

Too many people in Chicago are dying from gun fire. My question is, don't their lives matter?

Children are being murdered in cold blood. 

Are you in favor of strickter gun control?

16 hours ago, petey23 said:

'You are a victim,nothing is your fault'

Sounds familiar?

13 hours ago, wxman91 said:

Obviously this can simply be explained by D policies to make sure that people have food to eat and a roof over their head.

image.png.a67f1983eac3acbe5defceb709febbce.png

I have seen this chart before.  Even the people who put it together can’t explain it as easily as you would like.  If I remember correctly, their solution is reparations. 

2 hours ago, homer said:

I have seen this chart before.  Even the people who put it together can’t explain it as easily as you would like.  If I remember correctly, their solution is reparations. 

My fault for not providing the link:  https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2020/02/27/examining-the-black-white-wealth-gap/

The basic idea is that there are a number of factors, but a large one is the continuous cycle of intergenerational wealth transfer (or lack thereof) and the disparities in the taxation of wealth-derived income (inheritance, capital gains) vs work-derived income.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

My fault for not providing the link:  https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2020/02/27/examining-the-black-white-wealth-gap/

The basic idea is that there are a number of factors, but a large one is the continuous cycle of intergenerational wealth transfer (or lack thereof) and the disparities in the taxation of wealth-derived income (inheritance, capital gains) vs work-derived income.

Ok.  So what is the answer?

23 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

You want a definition?

Go look in a mirror. .

White Privilege...having an adult male for the first 18 years of your life who would kick your ass if you screwed up.

Systemic Racism...doesn't exist, never has. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
58 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

White Privilege...having an adult male for the first 18 years of your life who would kick your ass if you screwed up.

Systemic Racism...doesn't exist, never has. 

Well this statement is definitely not something that black community has bought into for decades nor is it part of the BLM movement.

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Ok.  So what is the answer?

Oh, no.  You said that the Ds are doing it all wrong so it is incumbent upon you to explain how the Rs would do it better if they were in charge of inner-cities.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wxman91 said:

With this logic, would it be fair to assume then that if a white person didn't benefit from the transfer of wealth you describe above, that they do not have the privilege that is attributed to anyone with their skin color?

Or

If a person of color did benefit from this wealth transfer that they aren't being systemically oppressed?

Just now, Bison06 said:

With this logic, would it be fair to assume then that if a white person didn't benefit from the transfer of wealth you describe above, that they do not have the privilege that is attributed to anyone with their skin color?

No, because wealth is only one measure of privilege.  It really isn't that hard to find any number of studies and essays on privilege to inform yourself.  You don't have to become "woke", but putting the least bit of effort into the issue can show things from a different perspective.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic