Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What are your thoughts on reparations for African-Americans?  Yay or nay?

 

I morally agree with the idea, to some extent.  But there's no way on God's green earth to rationally implement that.  So nay.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hayduke1

    1803

  • Oxbow6

    1776

  • BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

    1107

  • The Sicatoka

    1069

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

I morally agree with the idea, to some extent.  But there's no way on God's green earth to rationally implement that.  So nay.  

Wrong! In this day and age now you are what you say you are... So if everyone wanted to identify as black then everyone can pay an extra 200 dollars in federal taxes and everyone that claims to be black gets 200 dollars back it's a zero sum game but everyone feels good about fixing past injuries

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Wrong! In this day and age now you are what you say you are... So if everyone wanted to identify as black then everyone can pay an extra 200 dollars in federal taxes and everyone that claims to be black gets 200 dollars back it's a zero sum game but everyone feels good about fixing past injuries

 

Ha!  That actually reminds me of an Dave Chappelle joke.    :lol:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Did you graduate from the Jefferson Davis school of comprehension?  BLM doesn't want to abolish police.  They want to re-allocate a % of their funds to social programs to alleviate the issues that cause violence (see BLM co-founder's interview below).  Good for them, heavy investment in police will only quell the symptom, not the disease.

And nobody wants dead cops.   Errr..  unless it’s the racist cop murderer group I posted earlier.  But I understand why the Right-wing doesn't like to mention them, they're good for business with their firearms and Dont Tread on Me flags at Open Up America Rallies. 

"Git-R-Done!"

 

https://www.axios.com/defund-police-black-lives-matter-7007efac-0b24-44e2-a45c-c7f180c17b2e.html

 

Why was Michael brown’s life more valuable than the life of the cop he attacked?

You are so naive. Carry on in your delusional fantasy world. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cratter said:

What does it mean when the BLM website says they want to disrupt Western style nuclear family structures?

 

 

This country's current concept of nuclear family (or household) is man, wife, child.   This culturally derives from Europe.   BLM is advocating that traditional American structure not be limited to 'Western style structure'.  They perceive it as a narrow interpretation of what a family is

Unlike Europe, the African nuclear family typically includes extended family members; grandparents, uncles/aunts providing an extra safety net for kids.  Basically it's the “it takes a village” ethos.   Then there’s the whole same-sex marriage thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

This country's current concept of nuclear family (or household) is man, wife, child.   This culturally derives from Europe.   BLM is advocating that traditional American structure not be limited to 'Western style structure'.  They perceive it as a narrow interpretation of what a family is

Unlike Europe, the African nuclear family typically includes extended family members; grandparents, uncles/aunts providing an extra safety net for kids.  Basically it's the “it takes a village” ethos.   Then there’s the whole same-sex marriage thing. 

Lol.  I’m not aware of any laws that have ever restricted extended family members living arrangements. How’s that plan been working out in the black community?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

FBI was involved because the Don Lemons in the media screamed "hate crime" immediately .

The FBI was involved because those in charge of NASCAR weren't idiots and knew that an internal invesetigation puts them in a no win situation regardless of what they found. Either it gets labeled as a cover-up or them ignoring social issues no matter what the facts ended up showing. Turned out being an unfortuante coincidence but the sad thing was, based on reactions from a subset of fans and even a driver to the ban of the Confederate flag at events, the plausibility the indcident being accurate was completely within reach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The FBI was involved because those in charge of NASCAR weren't idiots and knew that an internal invesetigation puts them in a no win situation regardless of what they found. Either it gets labeled as a cover-up or them ignoring social issues no matter what the facts ended up showing. Turned out being an unfortuante coincidence but the sad thing was, based on reactions from a subset of fans and even a driver to the ban of the Confederate flag at events, the plausibility the indcident being accurate was completely within reach.

Nope no coincidence, it was a noose.  Bubba told Don flat out, it was a noose.  Totally within reach that a racist act was committed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Nope no coincidence, it was a noose.  Bubba told Don flat out, it was a noose.  Totally within reach that a racist act was committed.  

I mean, the FBI investigation confirmed the rope was tied as a noose and that was the only garage to have its pull rope tied in that fashion. So yeah, I'd call it an unfortunate coincidence it had been that way since last year and Wallace was assigned that garage, especially considering the timing with him helping push for the Confederate flag to be banned at events.

But Wallace isn't the one who reported it and NASCAR took the steps because they didn't want to take the blowback on being responsible for the investigation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I mean, the FBI investigation confirmed the rope was tied as a noose and that was the only garage to have its pull rope tied in that fashion. So yeah, I'd call it an unfortunate coincidence it had been that way since last year and Wallace was assigned that garage, especially considering the timing with him helping push for the Confederate flag to be banned at events.

But Wallace isn't the one who reported it and NASCAR took the steps because they didn't want to take the blowback on being responsible for the investigation.

That means somebody inside NASCAR that assigns garages is a racist.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Nope no coincidence, it was a noose.  Bubba told Don flat out, it was a noose.  Totally within reach that a racist act was committed.  

I have no doubt it was a "noose", I'm not sure that fact is in question. The question is was it intended for Bubba and somehow sending a message to him. The evidence seems to point to the fact that it had been hanging there for at least 9 months.

So either, somebody knew he would be assigned that garage or it truly is just an unfortunate coincidence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cratter said:

What does it mean when the BLM website says they want to disrupt Western style nuclear family structures?

 

Did you hear about this on the Dark Horse (Bret Weinstein) podcast, those two have a fascinating insight into the current issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I have no doubt it was a "noose", I'm not sure that fact is in question. The question is was it intended for Bubba and somehow sending a message to him. The evidence seems to point to the fact that it had been hanging there for at least 9 months.

So either, somebody knew he would be assigned that garage or it truly is just an unfortunate coincidence.

you do understand it was a door pull for the garage door.....just like on all the rest of the garage doors.  plenty of photos and video to prove that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1972 said:

you do understand it was a door pull for the garage door.....just like on all the rest of the garage doors.  plenty of photos and video to prove that.

I'm agreeing with your stance here it seems. Reading my post back, I can see that I wasn't as clear as I meant to be.

 I'm only saying it was a "noose" because it was in the shape of a noose. The evidence from my view suggests and maybe even proves it is simply an unfortunate coincidence as others have said.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Los Angeles County public health director: 'Highly likely' George Floyd protests caused Coronavirus spike

Quote

 

The top public health official in Los Angeles County blamed massive protests for a spike in coronavirus cases.

 

Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer told the Los Angeles Times it was "highly likely" that the demonstrations, meant to protest against police brutality and racial injustice, contributed to the significant spike in COVID-19 cases in the city.

“The virus is not done with us,” Ferrer said.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Fauci says coronavirus task force was never asked to slow down testing

 

 

Quote

 

Other top health officials also told the House Energy and Commerce Comittee on Tuesday that nobody has asked them to slow down testing.

“We will be doing more testing,” Fauci told a House committee.

The U.S. has tested more than 27 million people, with about 2.3 million – or 8.4% -- testing positive. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Stanford: Median Infection Rate For Under Age 70 Is Just 0.04%, Average 0.26%

Quote

 

A scientist known for his contrarian takes to dire COVID-19 predictions has released a paper claiming that antibody evidence suggests the median coronavirus infection fatality rate for those under 70 is just 0.04%.

The estimate throws into sharp relief the lopsided mortality figures for the disease, which has claimed an inordinate number of elderly people across the planet while leaving younger individuals mostly unscathed.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not only should this clown be kicked off here but why is mikejm upvoting this garbage?  nice one mikey

Because I really, really like the truth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u must watch cnn a lot then.

Actually, hardly ever. Too busy reading and studying history, something a majority of posters herein should seriously consider. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Actually, hardly ever. Too busy reading and studying history, something a majority of posters herein should seriously consider. 

I listened to some podcasts with a historical bent,  MartyrMade.  One on Jerusleum, another on Jim Jones and the Peoples Church. I enjoyed them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Actually, hardly ever. Too busy reading and studying history, something a majority of posters herein should seriously consider. 

Careful, you might get a nosebleed up on that high horse of yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...