SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Can you elaborate how he is not treating the pandemic as a hoax?

I guess the way I'm hearing it, he was calling the Democrats' framing of his administration's reaction to the virus a hoax.  

With that said, it's obvious more funding and priority should've been given to the production and distribution of testing kits.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just got word one of my good friends from HS just passed from ALS after midnight. 

Perspective...

Oof.  Too young, Oxbow, too young.  ALS is an awful, AWFUl disease.  I'm sorry to hear of this.  

As for the coronavirus impact, God help us all.  I think the tipping point has already occurred in terms of panic.  I can't keep up with my customers cancelling orders today. 

18 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Why wait until then? NHL is suspended so nobody is leaving to go pro. Wait until the end of April to start the regionals and everything can be completed this school year.

Wasn't an actual suggestion...just a parallel to a "rain out" at races

20 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding the ER, or otherwise taking up the health systems time and resources you are an a$$hole and part of the problem.  Stay home, self quarantine, ride the illness out.  If things start getting worse for you then seek help, otherwise use some common sense and don't be a strain on the system.

That would be out of the norm.

Last yr, I had my mom sitting in the ER for hours, writhing in pain...while services were tied up with every cold and cough that backed up the ER on a Sunday night.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

How long after the 2009 pandemic was introduced were tests widely and easily available?

Within 2 weeks after the first recognition of a pandemic influenza virus, a new, FDA-authorized, accurate, sensitive, and virus-specific diagnostic test was manufactured and distributed to laboratories in the United States and abroad. 

Source: https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/52/suppl_1/S36/499461

The main reason it was implemented so quickly was that the CDC was already working on diagnostic tests for detecting emerging influenza virus strains with pandemic potential.

No hockey to watch and we're retired seniors with underlying health conditions. Bingo tonight? 

3 minutes ago, thUNDer said:

No hockey to watch and we're retired seniors with underlying health conditions. Bingo tonight? 

Boy, that would be a new low point.

Agreed. Emptied our bucket lists attending the 2016 Natty win so what the heck. Thelma and Louise we will be.

4 hours ago, CMSioux said:

In the midst of this he made sure to remind us that even though the stock market is down more than 20% in a week it is still higher than when he took office - comforting that this is where his priorities and concerns are. 

He also said that "life and Death matter more than the stock market". The stock market will come back but once you're gone you're gone.

14 minutes ago, LH Golfer said:

He also said that "life and Death matter more than the stock market". The stock market will come back but once you're gone you're gone.

He also said after 15 cases that in a few days it would be down to zero.

Narrator: It's not down to zero.

MN GBB tournaments started and played yesterday.....just cancelled the rest of the tournaments.  Unbelievable.  WTF changed in 24 hours in MN?

When does the shoe drop that ALL HS activities in this country thru the rest of the school year get cancelled? 

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

MN GBB tournaments started and played yesterday.....just cancelled the rest of the tournaments.  Unbelievable.  WTF changed in 24 hours in MN?

When does the shoe drop that ALL HS activities in this country thru the rest of the school year get cancelled? 

Probably by the end of the day at this rate.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Or all school in general?

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Doesn't that almost seem inevitable at this point?  I'm also wondering when the other shoe drops on the public schools around here. I think it's up to 6 states, DC and many cities.  That's going to have a real impact on people (as has been discussed previously here).  My wife is a teacher and she said they've discussed very little regarding what will happen.

For what it's worth, my wife mentioned that she did look up that the ND department of public instruction does not recognize any form of online learning from home.  Obviously that could change, but currently we're not set up to do things remotely.

19 minutes ago, southpaw said:

He also said after 15 cases that in a few days it would be down to zero.

Narrator: It's not down to zero.

I heard if you like your health care plan, you can keep it. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I heard if you like your health care plan, you can keep it. 

Trump has tried to change that

33 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

For what it's worth, my wife mentioned that she did look up that the ND department of public instruction does not recognize any form of online learning from home.  Obviously that could change, but currently we're not set up to do things remotely.

You should probably look into the North Dakota Center for Distance Education. Online school based in North Dakota. 

1 minute ago, snova4 said:

You should probably look into the North Dakota Center for Distance Education. Online school based in North Dakota. 

Will do. I think she was coming at it from the angle of having to make up days that were missed. I told her not to worry about it. The governor can make changes in emergencies if needed.