SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

2 hours ago, planet2county said:

I guess you don't feel this has anything to do with the guy in Nashville either.  ;

His neighbors could have laughed at him, they could say this type of stuff doesn't. happen here.  Instead, they took action.

This may seem insignificant to you,.  While it may not be earth changing, it seems whole lot better than the heads of both political parties tweeting back and forth saying they are right.  These people found a common objective and took action.  That is what makes America great.

Thank God the officer who shot him wasn’t white, and Trump wasn’t  president then.  Otherwise that incident would’ve evoked uncontrolled riots and vandalism, with CNN and NBC making excuses for the criminal activity. 

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

The crowd was told to disperse 3 times.  

Still doesn't make it a good strategy. Why were the, on all accounts, peaceful protesters being asked to disperse 15 minutes before the mandated curfew? Was an unlaful assembly pronounced? Hard to believe that would be the case in the area around the White House, which is a common free speech zone. The only reason seems to be so the President could get a photo opportunity. Frankly there are better avenues for the President to get whatever message he wants across in the current environment. There is no reason to arbitrarily escalate a situation if it is not absolutely necessary. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, UNDGrad06 said:

Still doesn't make it a good strategy. Why were the, on all accounts, peaceful protesters being asked to disperse 15 minutes before the mandated curfew? Was an unlaful assembly pronounced? Hard to believe that would be the case in the area around the White House, which is a common free speech zone. The only reason seems to be so the President could get a photo opportunity. Frankly there are better avenues for the President to get whatever message he wants across in the current environment. There is no reason to arbitrarily escalate a situation if it is not absolutely necessary. 

Says every business owner who just had their livelihood destroyed.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Need to stop the riots and looting.  Dems are not interested.

Rioting needs to stop, I do not disagree.  But going in too heavy is not the answer.

I know Trump spoke with Putin today, but he needs to understand we’re not Russia.  Sending police/military forces to ‘crush’ civilians isn’t what we do. That's not us.   In fact that's the antithesis of traditional Republican values.  So much so that if Trump isn't careful he's gonna inflame militant elements of his own party - against him.  Timothy McVeigh types whose #1 fear is just what Trump is advocating.  Those guys are another set of lunatics this country doesn’t need involved in things.

i believe the people that have caused damage by rioting and are caught should go through the judicial system.  I also believe police officers that abuse their authority, should  receive the same treatment.  That has not always happened,  I do not feel that makes me anti-police.  If someone assaults police or worse, then they should face the consequences.  i do not agree with the riots. But, I am not going to be dismissive and a say stuff happens and just move on, no big deal,  and look the other way regarding the Floyd incident.  I believe there are issues that need to looked and addressed from whatever side of the aisle in regards to Minneapolis police department and other departments across the country,

Most officers feel what happened violated procedure and ethics. The MPD union chief feels his officers rights were violated.

All this over a fake $ 20 bill, which the owner of the facility feels Floyd may not realized it was fake. 

I do understand this country was not founded just by addressing issues through legal means such as Boston Tea Party.

I keep seeing references to the Boston Tea Party. What were the "rioters" protesting when they destroyed the tea? A tax on tea. What does Target have to do with police brutality? 

What did the Boston Tea Party ultimately lead to? War. Is that what the current protesters want? 

I do not know what the agenda  was regarding Target.  Could be just plain criminals.  Are all protesters rioters?  Could there be agitators across all political spectrum's involved in rioting with agendas not having to do with police brutality and inequality?  Could there be people with no agenda  caught up with emotion causing damage and later regretting there actions?

Does Target symbolize something different than a bank, post office, or a number of minority owned businesses in the case of Minneapolis?

I have heard people say that if they try to take my guns, there will be an uprising?  Is one cause better than another or more noble? 

Do protesters in Minneapolis want the same thing as protesters in other cities?  Some of the protesters in Minneapolis said they wanted a plan to address police reform from the leaders.  Some expressed the 3 others should charged.  Some want to know why there were not charges right way and feel without protests charges would never have been brought. 

Are there people that feel the police in Minneapolis did nothing wrong in the  Floyd case?  Have there been protest leaders that have denounced rioting and discussed the negative impacts in the community?

Can there be many layers to this or is does there only have to be one narrative?   Can some common ground be found?  Does it have be only one way or another?  

Can there be ideas and solutions that can come from some compromise? 

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I keep seeing references to the Boston Tea Party. What were the "rioters" protesting when they destroyed the tea? A tax on tea. What does Target have to do with police brutality? 

What did the Boston Tea Party ultimately lead to? War. Is that what the current protesters want? 

This isn’t difficult.

People want across-the-board equality.   So it shouldn't be difficult understand why protesters are mainly millennials. This is America’s 1st true multicultural generation and the starting point of a future America that will be racially and culturally flipped upside down.  I think many in the US are frightened of this.    

That said, although their demands are clear, their methods of protest are aimless. This is akin to a neglected kid throwing a temper tantrum after people routinely dismiss his cry for help.  It's rooted in frustration.  But that's basically the black experience in the US, not being listened to.            

This mass protest isn't some calculated means to an end, it's a symptom of a disease. As MLK said, “Rioting is the language of the unheard”.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Rioting needs to stop, I do not disagree.  But going in too heavy is not the answer.

I know Trump spoke with Putin today, but he needs to understand we’re not Russia.  Sending police/military forces to ‘crush’ civilians isn’t what we do. That's not us.   In fact that's the antithesis of traditional Republican values.  So much so that if Trump isn't careful he's gonna inflame militant elements of his own party - against him.  Timothy McVeigh types whose #1 fear is just what Trump is advocating.  Those guys are another set of lunatics this country doesn’t need involved in things.

Bull$#@!

• Upvote 3

Would like to remind everybody that this is an election year. If you think that's just a coincidence, then you're an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This isn’t difficult.

People want across-the-board equality.   So it shouldn't be difficult understand why protesters are mainly millennials. This is America’s 1st true multicultural generation and the starting point of a future America that will be racially and culturally flipped upside down.  I think many in the US are frightened of this.    

That said, although their demands are clear, their methods of protest are aimless. This is akin to a neglected kid throwing a temper tantrum after people routinely dismiss his cry for help.  It's rooted in frustration.  But that's basically the black experience in the US, not being listened to.            

This mass protest isn't some calculated means to an end, it's a symptom of a disease. As MLK said, “Rioting is the language of the unheard”.

Seems clear

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/06/01/bet-founder-calls-for-14-trillion-in-slavery-reparations/amp/

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This isn’t difficult.

People want across-the-board equality.

Just renounce your citizenship of the United States and move to China, North Korea, Cuba, or Venezuela. You know, where everyone is across-the-board “equal.”

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, planet2county said:

So are you implying that all protesters support -antifa or are you just letting the board know what the son supports?

I am not saying you are , just asking.

He’s also an elected official Minneapolis city councilman. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I'd classify you as "weak" as would someone else as well.

Now police officers are being targeted. 4 shot in St. Louis last night, one in Vegas (on life support) and 2 in VA. 2 more injured in Buffalo when a SUV plowed into them. Another run over in the Bronx.

But you and UNDGrad06 can continue walking around the streets of your communities passing out hugs.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'd classify you as "weak" as would someone else as well.

Now police officers are being targeted. 4 shot in St. Louis last night, one in Vegas (on life support) and 2 in VA.

But you can continue walking around passing out hugs.

I wouldn’t advise that, Oxbow6...we’re still in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic and waiting for that second surge.

• Upvote 3

Street Fair in Fargo cancelled but no issues with an estimated 5000 "protesting" downtown Saturday. 

#flattenthecurve

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, planet2county said:

So are you implying that all protesters support -antifa or are you just letting the board know what the son supports?

I am not saying you are , just asking.

He is trying to show the whole family of the wife beater is in support of ANTIFA and they are not keeping it secret.....

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Do you know how long it takes to stop a semi traveling at highway speeds?  The amended reports indicated he was on the highway legally and closing time was moved up to 5pm on short notice. I’m not sure how someone was supposed to know there were people massing on the interstate. He reportedly hit the horn and slowed down to 30 mph by the time he got to the crowd. He didn’t hit anyone and unless he states otherwise, nothing in the video indicated he was trying to injure anyone. You have no idea of what “he figured” nor his intentions. Let the authorities sort it out before we judge. 

Agreed. He did an excellent job of alerting with his horn while slowing down without losing control. If he would’ve panicked and pulled his emergency brake there could have been hundreds injured or dead. 

• Upvote 1