SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

I'm seeing parallels between the 'one death is too many' arguments lodged in both COVID and excessive force/police custody deaths.

It must be nice for so many to live in complete denial of reality.  It's an imperfect world, and in a free society we must all weigh our choices, risks, and behaviors accordingly.  Broad and sweeping generalizations are ignorant, harmful, and divisive.

20 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Walz are Frey are imbeciles, no leadership at all.   America's cities are burning and the White House couldn't be more out of its element, no leadership whatsoever.     You want real leadership in a time of crisis?....turn to Atlanta.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO7z6m2os2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLrbRppfX1k

why even have mayor's or gov's if everything falls on president....

RE: The I-35 truck.

First time I saw the video I half expected it to either:
(a) not stop, or 
(b) burst into flames. 

I cringed; and then I cringed. 

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

RE: The I-35 truck.

First time I saw the video I half expected it to either:
(a) not stop, or 
(b) burst into flames. 

I cringed; and then I cringed. 

I saw it live and kept saying: oh no. oh no. oh no. 

1 hour ago, planet2county said:

How does any of that relate to a man in Nashville walking a dog?  
Hint- it doesn’t.

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The idiots were the people on the interstate. What was he supposed to do just stop on the interstate and let the thugs burn his rig down after getting beat up. F no. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because if he wanted to run over people he could have taken out hundreds.

The real answer is he should have exited the interstate when they decided to close them and avoid the whole situation. This was a very peaceful group that was just marching down the road. Don't know where you get "thugs" from. Someone comes blasting in at 70-80mph causing people to dive all over the place and I'd probably have the same reaction as those protesters.

12 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Why is it hard for you to believe he didn’t see the protestors? They were gathered behind a curve, he laid on his horn and slammed on the brakes. Thankfully there were a few in the crowd trying to protect him but to say the protestors stayed peaceful is dead wrong he was beat for minutes. Those protestors didn’t need to be on 35w and this was also another fail on MN state patrol for not barricading the highway.

I guess I didn't realize there was a curve that may have hindered his view. With 5-6,000 people packed tightly together it just seems like it'd be easy to see but if there was a curve right before that could be part of an explanation. The protestors were peacefully protesting and even after the incident some helped protect him. A lot of places around the country that guy doesn't get out of that situation alive. It sounds like the police knew where they were going with this march and were alright with. Needed to do a better job of making sure drivers were getting off the road though.

Toews has always been mature and worldly beyond his years.   Well done Jonathan.   

• Upvote 3

I guess you don't feel this has anything to do with the guy in Nashville either.  ;

His neighbors could have laughed at him, they could say this type of stuff doesn't. happen here.  Instead, they took action.

This may seem insignificant to you,.  While it may not be earth changing, it seems whole lot better than the heads of both political parties tweeting back and forth saying they are right.  These people found a common objective and took action.  That is what makes America great.

• Upvote 1

Hey Mods:

Is it possible that we can clean up this thread a little and move the Floyd conversation into another post?

47 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Hey Mods:

Is it possible that we can clean up this thread a little and move the Floyd conversation into another post?

Are two dumpster fires better than one?  I kinda like consuming my daily rage posts in one place.

9 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

You mean the rest of the first amendment?

Oh there is more than one part?

5 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Are two dumpster fires better than one?  I kinda like consuming my daily rage posts in one place.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Hey Mods:

No thanks, let’s keep all this forum rule breaking in one thread.....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Poor Donald can't get  love anywhere.  

Need to stop the riots and looting.  Dems are not interested.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Need to stop the riots and looting.  Dems are not interested.

So they decided to tear gas a peaceful protest, thus potentially escalating the situation, just so the President could walk over and have a photo opportunity in front of a church, whose leaders were not even informed of his presence or frankly even want him there. That doesn't seem like a very good strategy to stopping the "riots and looting" or for anything at all to be honest.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDGrad06 said:

So they decided to tear gas a peaceful protest, thus potentially escalating the situation, just so the President could walk over and have a photo opportunity in front of a church, whose leaders were not even informed of his presence or frankly even want him there. That doesn't seem like a very good strategy to stopping the "riots and looting" or for anything at all to be honest.   

The crowd was told to disperse 3 times.  

• Upvote 3