Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hayduke1

    1804

  • Oxbow6

    1780

  • BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

    1134

  • The Sicatoka

    1069

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

The road had been closed for an hour. Hope the crowd got their hands on that truck driver. Such a stupid decision by him.

 

How did he/she get on a closed interstate?  How did he/she get that close to the crowd?  Never understood the sitting on the interstate idea.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

The road had been closed for an hour. Hope the crowd got their hands on that truck driver. Such a stupid decision by him.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a messed up scenario:

1. It's obvious the driver had no intention of plowing through the crowd.  Protesters are situated at a bend in I-35.  The driver stops as fast as he can.  He even avoided someone laying in the road.    

2.  How the hell did he get through the police barrier?  Was there a barrier?  A protest that size on 35 would've been stacked full of police.      

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That's a messed up scenario:

1. It's obvious the driver had no intention of plowing through the crowd.  Protesters are situated at a bend in I-35.  The driver stops as fast as he can.  He even avoided someone laying in the road.    

2.  How the hell did he get through the police barrier?  Was there a barrier?  A protest that size on 35 would've been stacked full of police.      

Maybe Walz hired the driver to get the crowd to practice social distancing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, homer said:

How did he/she get on a closed interstate?  How did he/she get that close to the crowd?  Never understood the sitting on the interstate idea.  

Sounds like the truck was already on the interstate before it closed and just kept coming instead of getting off at one of the exits. It was a peaceful march they had come from U.S. Bank Stadium and they had just kneeled down for a moment of silence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That's a messed up scenario:

1. It's obvious the driver had no intention of plowing through the crowd.  Protesters are situated at a bend in I-35.  The driver stops as fast as he can.  He even avoided someone laying in the road.    

2.  How the hell did he get through the police barrier?  Was there a barrier?  A protest that size on 35 would've been stacked full of police.      

There were like 5-6,000 protesters there all bunched together. He could've slowed up before he did. I don't know if he intended for injury or just thought they'd move. After stopping he does try to flee again but protesters jump on the truck and stop him. He does lay on the horn but man watching a cell phone video from someone on the side of the road he was coming very fast. Thankfully doesn't seem like many injuries.

Sounds like he was already on the interstate before they closed and he just never opted to exit off. Police were aware of the march and that is why they decided to close the road at 5 instead of 7 earlier in the afternoon. Was a very peaceful and well planned march and seemed even coordinated with law enforcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The son of the MN AG, Jeremiah Ellison, has no problem making a public statement for his support of Antifa.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

These Boojahideen guys seem like trouble. Apparently out of New York?

 

 

 

Interestingly, if they can move beyond the issue of race, radical right and left wing groups have a common interest in rebelling against what they perceive as heavy-handed governmental institutions abusing power.

Although I doubt it's happening on any large scale, it doesn't surprise me to see right-wing 'militia' types integrating themselves with protesters to further their agenda.    

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

Interestingly, if they can move beyond the issue of race, radical right and left wing groups have a common interest in rebelling against what they perceive as heavy-handed governmental institutions abusing power.

Although I doubt it's happening on any large scale, it doesn't surprise me to see right-wing 'militia' types integrating themselves with protesters to further their agenda.    

 

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/its-setup-mysteriously-staged-bricks-appear-throughout-major-protest-cities

Something going on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not right wing or left wing, it comes together on the circle.  They are extremists with a lot of frustration and hate.  Look, I’m disgusted by the death of Floyd.  It was wrong.  The cop is in jail.  To use it to set off the powder keg..I guess it was just waiting for a spark. It boils down to disenfranchised people.  Set foot on my $1.4M piece of property with Ill intent...well, I guess I can show some of these thugs some NODaK roots...white tail running at 200 yards...hit 3 mallards in 30 seconds...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

There were like 5-6,000 protesters there all bunched together. He could've slowed up before he did. I don't know if he intended for injury or just thought they'd move. After stopping he does try to flee again but protesters jump on the truck and stop him. He does lay on the horn but man watching a cell phone video from someone on the side of the road he was coming very fast. Thankfully doesn't seem like many injuries.

Sounds like he was already on the interstate before they closed and he just never opted to exit off. Police were aware of the march and that is why they decided to close the road at 5 instead of 7 earlier in the afternoon. Was a very peaceful and well planned march and seemed even coordinated with law enforcement.

Again, how is there no barricade closer to the March.  A fully loaded tanker can’t stop on a dime.  If he didn’t know they were around the turn, it’s amazing he didn’t run into the crowd.  If he didn’t know they were there, I can’t blame him/her for trying to start up again when the crowd comes at his vehicle.  They weren’t coming to shake his hand.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

Trump caught flack for that statement in part because it's a term associated with a couple of well-own segregationists.   

Regardless, he was 100% correct.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Meh, I dunno.  

Radical groups are certainly trying to influence the situation, but I'd say the vast majority of protesters are ordinary Americans fed up with inequality in this country.  This been boiling under the surface for decades.  In light of today's ultra-divisive political climate, on top of coronavirus, unemployment, the killing of George Floyd was the tipping point.  

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Meh, I dunno.  

Radical groups are certainly trying to influence the situation, but I'd say the vast majority of protesters are ordinary Americans fed up with inequality in this country.  This been boiling under the surface for decades.  In light of today's ultra-divisive political climate, on top of coronavirus, unemployment, the killing of George Floyd was the tipping point.  

 

I just think too many nut cases  are fans of the movie The Purge. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Regardless, he was 100% correct.

There is no 'regardless'.  If you're President, your job is to represent and convey everything that is good about America in a time of crisis; then work with the citizenry to fix the bad.     

Making a statement that invokes segregation at a time like this is beyond preposterous.    

...and you wonder why people feel like they're second class citizens.  Jesus christ.   

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

There is no 'regardless'.  If you're President, your job is to represent and convey everything that is good about America in a time of crisis; then work with the citizenry to fix the bad.     

Making a statement that invokes segregation at a time like this is beyond preposterous.    

...and you wonder why people feel like they're second class citizens.  Jesus christ.   

Why was his statement racist?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

The son of the MN AG, Jeremiah Ellison, has no problem making a public statement for his support of Antifa.

These are the people he supports. Some in Portland have had enough of Antifa. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...