Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

 

Yawn.....

Why do the newspapers scream the "134" number ... but not the the "2757" number?

You know what number I want? 4.86% <-- That's the daily number* I need to hear because it has some context. The 134 means nothing on its own. 

 

*The math is left to the reader. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

... what do you think the motivation for someone like Walz to make the decisions he is, knowing that it will continue to hurt the economy of his state? It obviously isn't to push his poll numbers up. Clearly there is something driving these decisions as a politician's job rely on their consitutents approving of their job.

Can someone explain it to me? 

Here's hint for all politicians: Ultimately, above and beyond every other issue, people vote their pocketbook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why do the newspapers scream the "134" number ... but not the the "2757" number?

You know what number I want? 4.86% <-- That's the daily number* I need to hear because it has some context. The 134 means nothing on its own. 

 

*The math is left to the reader. 

Also, Burgum mentioned in his press conference on Tuesday that he fully expected a slight uptick in the rate of positives, due to the state doing more "targeted" testing. In other words, this isn't at all unexpected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Would you consider your right to be out without a mask a civil liberty?  Your right to socialize in a bar? How about your right to operate a business with a high number of employees in unsafe conditions? Even if all of the above are liberties, considering the situation shouldn’t we just do the right thing? Those patriots you mention gave up their liberties so we could have them. Why do we have the me first attitude now?

You apparently have a warped understanding of the word “unsafe.”  

Because your sense of, “the right thing” is completely lacking in factual support it’s impossibly to take you seriously.

You are full of conclusions, but completely lacking in facts supporting the conclusion.  They are kinda the important part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

You apparently have a warped understanding of the word “unsafe.”  

Because your sense of, “the right thing” is completely lacking in factual support it’s impossibly to take you seriously.

You are full of conclusions, but completely lacking in facts supporting the conclusion.  They are kinda the important part.

Was LM wind providing safe conditions? Smithfield? How about Tyson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Was LM wind providing safe conditions? Smithfield? How about Tyson?

Remember when those places were supposed to cause huge outbreaks in their respective cities?  Not so much....isolated incidents.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Living in Cass county makes me pause a little.

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Would you consider your right to be out without a mask a civil liberty?  Your right to socialize in a bar? How about your right to operate a business with a high number of employees in unsafe conditions? Even if all of the above are liberties, considering the situation shouldn’t we just do the right thing? Those patriots you mention gave up their liberties so we could have them. Why do we have the me first attitude now?

 

We have 1500 people per day dying from covid right now in our country and many are a little concerned of what this number will look like a month from now. How many covid deaths per day is suitable before we start scaling back again?

 

 

We will never agree, because I don’t believe it is the responsibility of the government nor the citizens to do everything in our power to protect people at all costs.  If I believed that, I would ban guns, ban cars, ban alcohol, ban tobacco, ban fire, ban knives, ban swimming pools, ban bears, ban sharks.  
 

start the sunscreen police next.  Don’t eat meat.  Etc.

its a cruel world and some people lose and some people die.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

We will never agree, because I don’t believe it is the responsibility of the government nor the citizens to do everything in our power to protect people at all costs.  If I believed that, I would ban guns, ban cars, ban alcohol, ban tobacco, ban fire, ban knives, ban swimming pools, ban bears, ban sharks.  
 

start the sunscreen police next.  Don’t eat meat.  Etc.

its a cruel world and some people lose and some people die.

guns come with background checks, cars come with speed limits and seat belts, alcohol comes with limits you can’t drive drunk and you can’t be an idiot in public, tobacco well there’s an age limit, there’s such thing as burn bans when it’s windy, there’s lifeguards at pools, and you there’s times you don’t want to swim in the ocean when the sharks are in right?

 

Would you like to see seatbelts removed from vehicles? How about no speed limits on the road? Get rid of the age limit on tobacco  or let Marlboro start marketing to kids again? Lessened dui penalties? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Was LM wind providing safe conditions? Smithfield? How about Tyson?

Get a new drum. You've worn this one out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Walz gonna Walz y'all 

wonder who owns the warehouse.......as always.....follow the money.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Walz gonna Walz y'all 

What a buffoon.

Only 21182 bodies to collect........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the CDC have any clue WTF they are doing?

Dr. Birx and I say no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Would you consider your right to be out without a mask a civil liberty?  Your right to socialize in a bar? How about your right to operate a business with a high number of employees in unsafe conditions? Even if all of the above are liberties, considering the situation shouldn’t we just do the right thing? Those patriots you mention gave up their liberties so we could have them. Why do we have the me first attitude now?

 

We have 1500 people per day dying from covid right now in our country and many are a little concerned of what this number will look like a month from now. How many covid deaths per day is suitable before we start scaling back again?

 

 

They wear masks in assisted living homes, yet you say they aren’t being protected. You say there is plenty to do to protect them, but I have posed the question no less than three times and you have not expounded on your ideas on how to protect them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that are obsessed with hating Trump, I hope you realize that the states that are solidly in his corner come November are already open.  NY and CA can do whatever they want because their vote is already known.  However, for Trump to win again taking states like Michigan and Wisconsin will go a long way.  And the whiny b*tch governor's in those states are making it awfully easy for people to vote Trump when they see their leaders constantly moving the goalposts and making arbitrary decisions like visiting the Home Depot is fine but kids playing baseball isn't 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Essentia Health, with hospitals and clinics in ND, MN and WI, is permanently laying off 6% of its workforce. Affects around 900 employees. 

Please keep flattening the curve not to overwhelm the healthcare systems......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As reported by KVLY News the ER at Sanford hospital in Fargo is reporting a doubling in domestic abuse and child abuse cases since the pandemic started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

guns come with background checks, cars come with speed limits and seat belts, alcohol comes with limits you can’t drive drunk and you can’t be an idiot in public, tobacco well there’s an age limit, there’s such thing as burn bans when it’s windy, there’s lifeguards at pools, and you there’s times you don’t want to swim in the ocean when the sharks are in right?

 

Would you like to see seatbelts removed from vehicles? How about no speed limits on the road? Get rid of the age limit on tobacco  or let Marlboro start marketing to kids again? Lessened dui penalties? 

Reasonable standards are fine, same with covid.  Driving drunk implies you’ve been drinking.  I am known to have two drinks and drive home, with my family in the car.  I’ve been known to have more than that with no driving involved.  I dont pound a half rack and drive.  Same should apply to Covid.  I have no reason to believe I am impaired, therefore I will go about my business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I think it's important that we call out who's responsible for this mess and not just complain about it.    Trump and his movement's legacy (whether he wins or loses in November) will be a few hundred thousand dead Americans and a destroyed economy because he couldn't be bothered to do his job.   He and his supporters have weakened this country immeasurably and I'm not sorry that pointing it out hurts your feelings. 

You need concussion protocol. Holy smokes. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...