Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i saw the other day the virtue signaler of the year at a big box store...she had the trifecta ....gloves (long ones up her forearms), mask,.......and......safety googles!!!!!!

I can one up you on that.  I was walking out of Publix about a month ago and I saw a guy in the parking lot walking toward the door with long pants, hooded sweatshirt, gloves and safety goggles.  All you could see was eyes through the goggles.  Even funnier is that I knew the guy.  I walked toward him with a big smile on my face.  He felt like he had to tell me who he was, because of how he was protected, but I could tell.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GeauxSioux said:

I can one up you on that.  I was walking out of Publix about a month ago and I saw a guy in the parking lot walking toward the door with long pants, hooded sweatshirt, gloves and safety goggles.  All you could see was eyes through the goggles.  Even funnier is that I knew the guy.  I walked toward him with a big smile on my face.  He felt like he had to tell me who he was, because of how he was protected, but I could tell.

haha yeah i saw a family of 3 all with fully tied up hoodies walking around but no goggles so yes you win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

Some potentially promising news regarding the likelihood of the spread of the virus in schools:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australian-study-coronavirus-spread-15-143300550.html

Interesting stuff.  Going to be interesting to see what gets decided for the fall.  If I was a betting man.... I would lean that there will be more hybrid models (some in-person, some online) that school will chose to do.  I would also lean that it would be more likely that in-person will happen more than full distance learning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Probably because a vaccine is at least a year or two from being available.   That being said, even if a vaccine were developed tomorrow, what makes you think this administration could quickly get it distributed nationwide?  They still haven't figured out how to distribute tests or PPE so what makes you think distribution of vaccine wouldn't be an unmitigated boondoggle with the presidents unqualified and corrupt son  in law in charge of distribution?

What's it like to be afraid of your own shadow?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

without finding out who already has had it what does it matter?  until you know the denominator who cares?

waiting for burgum to do the antibody testing of 500 people and see what the % of people that had it and never knew.

Sic posted something about context of the numbers.  I saw what Cratter mentioned and it got me curious.  Seeing that their positive cases percentage was well within the range of tolerance, it really makes that raw number of cases not that attention grabbing. 

I'd be curious on antibody tests as well to see where things stand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we’ll have vaccine and treatment available by Q4.  If there is treatment that is proven effective, logistical challenges with vaccine availability can be mitigated.  Get the vaccine to the vulnerable first, allowing us to re-open. I’m happy to wait until next year for a vaccine for myself and my family.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i saw the other day the virtue signaler of the year at a big box store...she had the trifecta ....gloves (long ones up her forearms), mask,.......and......safety googles!!!!!!

Got ya beat I just witnessed an an elderly male screaming at a nurse at altru saying he is entering without wearing a mask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Got ya beat I just witnessed an an elderly male screaming at a nurse at altru saying he is entering without wearing a mask. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Got ya beat I just witnessed an an elderly male screaming at a nurse at altru saying he is entering without wearing a mask. 

He shouldn't be screaming at anyone, but if an elderly gentleman wants to knowingly assume a potential risk, more power to him.  (Acknowledging that if a private business requires the wearing of a mask, that is their business decision and it should be honored if someone wants to patronize the establishment).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I think we’ll have vaccine and treatment available by Q4.  If there is treatment that is proven effective, logistical challenges with vaccine availability can be mitigated.  Get the vaccine to the vulnerable first, allowing us to re-open. I’m happy to wait until next year for a vaccine for myself and my family.  

I have a question, how many of y'all would take the new Coronavirus vaccine when it comes available? One of the themes surfacing on Twitter and Facebook is that Bill Gates is pushing a world Coronavirus vaccine. He's kind of become persona non grata because he's apparently connected to George Soros. 

I get the flu shot every fall and I was given the Pneumonia Vaccine at the VA two years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

He shouldn't be screaming at anyone, but if an elderly gentleman wants to knowingly assume a potential risk, more power to him.  (Acknowledging that if a private business requires the wearing of a mask, that is their business decision and it should be honored if someone wants to patronize the establishment).

My wife works at Altru and they have to wear masks at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goon said:

I have a question, how many of y'all would take the new Coronavirus vaccine when it comes available? One of the themes surfacing on Twitter and Facebook is that Bill Gates is pushing a world Coronavirus vaccine. He's kind of become persona non grata because he's apparently connected to George Soros. 

I get the flu shot every fall and I was given the Pneumonia Vaccine at the VA two years ago. 

was waiting for someone to post a poll if you would take it...one saying developed by  gates and one saying done by a pharma lab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goon said:

I have a question, how many of y'all would take the new Coronavirus vaccine when it comes available? One of the themes surfacing on Twitter and Facebook is that Bill Gates is pushing a world Coronavirus vaccine. He's kind of become persona non grata because he's apparently connected to George Soros. 

I get the flu shot every fall and I was given the Pneumonia Vaccine at the VA two years ago. 

Kind of like buying the first year of a new car model, I might try to give them a year or 2 to work out the issues.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Goon said:

I have a question, how many of y'all would take the new Coronavirus vaccine when it comes available? One of the themes surfacing on Twitter and Facebook is that Bill Gates is pushing a world Coronavirus vaccine. He's kind of become persona non grata because he's apparently connected to George Soros. 

I get the flu shot every fall and I was given the Pneumonia Vaccine at the VA two years ago. 

I'm not anti-vax.  I was fully immunized as a child and young adult, and my children were all fully immunized.  I do not receive a yearly flu shot, by choice, but recognize that many people do.  It has not been a problem for me, as I am only very rarely sidelined by seasonal illness.

I remain UNDECIDED as to receiving any new vaccines for coronavirus, leaning toward NO if it will be yearly.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m also pro vaccination...most of the time.  To me it will depend on the type and source.  I am totally against DNA vaccines, but am cool with RNA.  Not that I’m a vaccination expert, but replicating proteins is different than affecting the genome in my lay person understanding.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

What's it like to be afraid of your own shadow?

Be honest now, how much Lysol did you drink because he told you to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I’m also pro vaccination...most of the time.  To me it will depend on the type and source.  I am totally against DNA vaccines, but am cool with RNA.  Not that I’m a vaccination expert, but replicating proteins is different than affecting the genome in my lay person understanding.  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/18/gavin-newsom-first-responders-first-ones-laid-off-/

I for one am totally against a federal bailout for any state pretty much for any reason.  Yzerman19 would you stay in California if Newsome raised the income tax to 35%, 55%,  and 75% across the board (assuming you are in the 55 or 75% tax bracket).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I remain UNDECIDED as to receiving any new vaccines for Coronavirus, leaning toward NO if it will be yearly.

I kind of wait and see, too. 

 

43 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I'm not anti-vax.  I was fully immunized as a child and young adult, and my children were all fully immunized.  I do not receive a yearly flu shot, by choice, but recognize that many people do.  It has not been a problem for me, as I am only very rarely sidelined by seasonal illness.

I remain UNDECIDED as to receiving any new vaccines for coronavirus, leaning toward NO if it will be yearly.

I am not anti-vax at all. I get a yearly Flu shot, and I have shots due to my prior military service. Do we trust the Coronavirus vax? I don't know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/18/gavin-newsom-first-responders-first-ones-laid-off-/

I for one am totally against a federal bailout for any state pretty much for any reason.  Yzerman19 would you stay in California if Newsome raised the income tax to 35%, 55%,  and 75% across the board (assuming you are in the 55 or 75% tax bracket).

Are you opposed to any state receiving more federal dollars back than they contribute?   Same difference as a bailout right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Goon said:

One of the themes surfacing on Twitter and Facebook is that Bill Gates is pushing a world Coronavirus vaccine. He's kind of become persona non grata because he's apparently connected to George Soros. 

But so is Jared Kushner, though that becomes inconvenient in certain conspiracy theories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Are you opposed to any state receiving more federal dollars back than they contribute?   Same difference as a bailout right?

a bailout is different than the business as usual tax in tax out stuff...what motivation does newsome have to open up california if florida and north dakota residents will end up paying the bill?  if so might as well wait til there is a vaccine and then send the bill to desantis and burgum

bailouts are called bailouts because you did something wrong.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see NY and CA realized they were idiots and are firing up pro sports in a couple weeks. #justonelife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...