SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

His idol Putin did, so why not?

16 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You know we have a ppe shortage when there’s not enough to outfit our self serving president.

This shtick is tiresome.

Can you pivot back to "we need more tests to get more positives"?

We've all missed that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Can you pivot back to "we need more tests to get more positives"?

We've all missed that.

ok, let's just ignore our president's racist comments, carry on siouxsports!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Which comment was racist?  

• Upvote 3

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Upvote 1

I’m more interested in ignoring your TDS.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Trump once gain threw a temper tantrum like a giant crybaby... if he isn't up to answering these questions then he should resign.  It's part of the job and he needs to grow up and start answering these questions.  

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci to testify before the Senate today. Should take him 3 minutes to make his points.

Fauci is basically sticking with his "you're only safe staying home" BS.

Says without vaccine colleges shouldn't reopen.  Again aren't most of those individuals under 24? At least the NDUS board views this differently.

Says death toll "likely higher" than reported. Thought Birx had a different opinion yesterday?

He's "cautiously optimistic" a vaccine will be discovered. That's code for "I'm pushing to keep people in their homes as long as possible to totally ruin society as we knew it".

• Upvote 1

The questions are about Trump, not the reason they are actually there asking questions.  

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci is basically sticking with his "you're only safe staying home" BS.

Without vaccine colleges shouldn't reopen.  Again most of those individuals are under 24. 

Not a big Fauci fan but he said a for students to “feel comfortable” they’d need a vaccine but the likelihood of a vaccine would be “a bridge too far”, and that student treatment in September would likely be “passive treatment with convalescent serum” rather than Remdesivir which has “only moderate” efficacy.

Said that opening up the economy and schools would be less dependent on the spiking of cases, but more depending on a state’s or school’s “capability to respond”. 

So he didn’t take the side of not reopening schools. 

Said it pretty straight up. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Not a big Fauci fan but he said a for students to “feel comfortable” they’d need a vaccine but the likelihood of a vaccine would be “a bridge too far”, and that student treatment in September would likely be “passive treatment with convalescent serum” rather than Remdesivir which has “only moderate” efficacy.

Said that opening up the economy and schools would be less dependent on the spiking of cases, but more depending on a state’s or school’s “capability to respond”. 

So he didn’t take the side of not reopening schools. 

So he said it pretty straight up. 

"A bridge too far"......agree that's pretty straight up. There was nothing in his comments that insinuated he favored having students back on campus within the current COVID environment..

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

"A bridge too far"......agree that's pretty straight up. There was nothing in his comments that insinuated he favored having students back on campus.

He didn’t say he was in favor or not in favor. Said expectation of a vaccine by fall was a bridge too far, explained the expectation of treatment, and explained the metric for reopening would be capability to respond rather the level of case spike. Actually fairly positive by his standards.  

1 minute ago, CarpeRemote said:

He didn’t say he was in favor or not in favor. Said expectation of a vaccine by fall was a bridge too far, explained the expectation of treatment, and explained the metric for reopening would be capability to respond rather the level of case spike. Actually fairly positive by his standards.  

So I'm safe to renew my UND FB and hockey tickets per Fauci and you?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Trump once gain threw a temper tantrum like a giant crybaby... if he isn't up to answering these questions then he should resign.  It's part of the job and he needs to grow up and start answering these questions.  

The question was moronic.  (I hope I’m not going to be accused of being racist now since the reporter happens to appear to be of Asian descent). 
Day after day after day said reporter’s employer is constantly attempting to make the administration look weak by pointing out any statistic, regardless of how irrelevant or inaccurate it is, to try and show it’s gullible followers that the administration is doing a poor job regarding COVID-19.
But then when it’s the president making the comparisons, the reporter asks him why is he making this into a competition. 

it’s really alarming there is a segment of the population in such a TDS mental state that it needs these things explained to them. 

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

So I'm safe to renew my UND FB and hockey tickets per Fauci and you?

And me? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CarpeRemote said:

And me? 

Lol.....I'm in if you are!

12 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Day after day after day said reporter’s employer is constantly attempting to make the administration look weak by pointing out any statistic, regardless of how irrelevant or inaccurate it is, to try and show it’s gullible followers that the administration is doing a poor job regarding COVID-19.

I mean, "news" stations doing this pre-dates Trump. While the media/news cycle continues to evolve, I don't recall Bush or Obama reacting to anywhere near that or even trying to escalate the situation. 

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

I mean, "news" stations doing this pre-dates Trump. While the media/news cycle continues to evolve, I don't recall Bush or Obama reacting to anywhere near that or even trying to escalate the situation. 

Cmon man.  You are smarter than this reply.  Have you watched these presser's?  It's turned into an SNL skit

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You are correct, for years, reporters have asked stupid, biased questions. It’s refreshing to have someone call them out on it.  
reminds me of my favorite Bob Knight quote, regarding journalism.  To paraphrase, We all learn to write by the second or third grade.... but most of us move on to other things.

• Upvote 1

53 cases out of 818 tests and 2 deaths.  That is an uptick percentage-wise - 6.5%.  It was typically 2-3%

Fauci is a genius - to paraphrase --"there will be more outbreaks if we start moving around more and doing more stuff".  

Thanks, Doc.  

• Upvote 2

Trump’s political genius is he plays the victim card to perfection.  Every president gets eviscerated by the media, yet Trump has the savvy  to take the “What a nasty question!  Poor me, no President has been treated worse than I!” approach.  Trumps strength has always been self-promotion and PR.     

1. It allows him to not answer tough questions

2. It eggs-on unfriendly outlets whereby they fall into a trap and then inadvertently validate his objections.   

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Cmon man.  You are smarter than this reply.  Have you watched these presser's?  It's turned into an SNL skit

It has, but it is coming from both sides. Pretending there aren't two wrongs is just as bad. You have a group of people who continue to ask idiotic questions and you have someone who does fine until he gets off script and then all bets are off. When he gets asked questions about things he literally just said, he refuses to answer or clarify, even when it is a relevant question. Like I said previous, the left-slanting media plays perfect into Trump's playbook and they continously do it. That doesn't make Trump's actions any better, it just continues to enable him.