SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Just now, UND1983 said:

You liked his post about it essentially being Trumps fault.  Guilty by association.  

I didn't even like the post you mentioned about it being trumps fault? I liked his post about holding politicians accountable for their actions. Which did not directly mention Trump, ironically you ended up doing that for him. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

How batsh×t nuts are people right now?  Read the replies under this Twitter post...

I see maybe three 50+ in that video. 

What I see is a bunch of potential asymptomatic carriers (who’ll never go symptomatic) that’ll build herd immunity. 

• Upvote 3
20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I had realistic expectations. 

Zero deaths? Never going to happen.
Economic impact? The minute the word “pandemic” was rolled out the impact was real if only just psychological. 

We did the best we could with the immediate information when this hit. 
We’re doing the best we can with what we have in hand now. 
If you can do better, run for office. 

I’m not a Walz guy, but his “adjusting the knobs” to get back to normal mindset is good. (I may or may not agree with his settings. And that’s OK.)

Walz had the knobs set so far one way that there is only one direction to adjust them now.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What I see is a bunch of potential asymptomatic carriers (who’ll never go symptomatic) that’ll build herd immunity. 

A Rona party?

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I had realistic expectations. 

Zero deaths? Never going to happen.
Economic impact? The minute the word “pandemic” was rolled out the impact was real if only just psychological. 

We did the best we could with the immediate information when this hit. 
We’re doing the best we can with what we have in hand now. 
If you can do better, run for office. 

I’m not a Walz guy, but his “adjusting the knobs” to get back to normal mindset is good. (I may or may not agree with his settings. And that’s OK.)

Yes. We have a different outlook on what should've/shouldn't have been implemented. Respectfully each to their own.

I just find it ironic that 99% of posts on this forum complain about our country's response to the crisis.  I write a post about holding all our elected officials accountable for this mess and receive a partisan onslaught in response.  Can't say I'm surprised.    

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, dynato said:

I didn't even like the post you mentioned about it being trumps fault? I liked his post about holding politicians accountable for their actions. Which did not directly mention Trump, ironically you ended up doing that for him. 

And UNDlawguy liked this one.  Lol. 

You did like the post that said it was the fault of those who are at the top, and there is only one guy at the top.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Wrong again.  Our elected officials failed us.  

Fauci merely provides advice.  It’s up to our elected leaders to weight the options presented before them and formulate policy based on what they think is right.  

If our leaders chose to go with good advice, or bad advice, that’s on them.  No one else.  

The buck stops at the top.  

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yes. We have a different outlook on what should've/shouldn't have been implemented. Respectfully each to their own.

I just find it ironic that 99% of posts on this forum complain about our country's response to the crisis.  I write a post about holding all our elected officials accountable for this mess and receive a partisan onslaught in response.  Can't say I'm surprised.   

Ummmmmmmm..........

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Quite dramatic.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Walz had the knobs set so far one way that there is only one direction to adjust them now.

I’ve turned off the news for about a week now.  Is Minnesota closing in on 74,000 deaths yet?  The numbers must be off the charts by now.

• Upvote 1

Again advice was given based on models and Fauci's expertise for 45 days of lockdown to do 2 things: flatten the curve so that healthcare systems were not overwhelmed (check) and save lives so 1-2M wouldn't die (check). Was a "one size fits all" mentality yet here we are...still a country without a "one size fits all" reopening. For all the really smart people out there why is that?

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

I’ve turned off the news for about a week now.  Is Minnesota closing in on 74,000 deaths yet?  The numbers must be off the charts by now.

What did you think of Marcil's call for the government to advertise through local newspapers so they can actually make money?

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That number isn't in jeopardy now since MN cancelled the Legion baseball season this summer.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That number isn't in jeopardy now since MN cancelled the Legion baseball season this summer.

Double bonus that I cannot catch coronavirus because I won’t have to attend @MafiaBoy’s high school graduation ceremony.  Thanks, Governor Walz, I appreciate you looking out for me!

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

And UNDlawguy liked this one.  Lol. 

You did like the post that said it was the fault of those who are at the top, and there is only one guy at the top.  

He made a post saying if you want to blame someone, blame the politicians and don't excuse their actions. The top can be considered politicians. If you want to blame one single person, you have to put it on the guy at the very top. Again, you connected the final dots for him that trump is at the very top and deserves fault. 

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ummmmmmmm..........

Read my quotes you posted.    Everything I wrote regarding our politicians was in the plural form.  As such the 'buck stops at the top' refers to (per the topic) our leaders and not those giving them advice.  But I suppose basic English comprehension is lacking these days.    

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did you read the first 20-30 replies? Essentially everyone who is in the building is going to get it and many of them are going to die.

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Read my quotes you posted.    Everything I wrote regarding our politicians was in the plural form.  As such the 'buck stops at the top' refers to (per the topic) our leaders and not those giving them advice.  But I suppose basic English comprehension is lacking these days.    

If you really are an attorney look for new work......no one here is buying that......the "leaders" part. In the plural form.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you really are an attorney look for new work......no one here is buying that......the "leaders" part. In the plural form.

I suppose I shouldn't expect certain individuals to see beyond their biases......the right-wing wackos in this case.   Not that far-left-wing idiots would do any differently in the same situation.    

Well done people.      

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Did you read the first 20-30 replies? Essentially everyone who is in the building is going to get it and many of them are going to die.

I assume you are speaking in jest, those responses were pure lunacy.

can you imagine how pathetic a world this would be if everything shutdown over somebody getting sick?  I didn’t before, I can now...it’s a complete joke.  

When we were talking about millions dying in the hallways of jam packed ERs...that’s when I bought in....

2+ months later:

a few thousand healthy people, a boatload of unhealthy elderly people. Most in NYC metroplex. Sorry for the family’s loss, but really?  Really?  We failed this test, not because of the numbers, but because we’ve become so soft and weak as a society that we can’t be okay with nature taking its course.

people, we control nothing!  We are tiny, fragile organisms spinning and rotating, and revolving and spinning thousands of miles per hour around a bunch of giant rocks and nuclear reactors in an endless vacuum..accept we don’t control sh$t, accept we all die someday.  Then love your family and move on.

17 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I suppose I shouldn't expect certain individuals too see beyond their biases......the right-wing wackos in this case.   Not that far-left-wing idiots would do any differently in the same situation.    

Well done people.      

Saying it isn't all the President's fault doesn't mean I am a right wing wacko.  This sh$t was happening no matter what.  Maybe a bit less with a different reaction.  

Which is the greater sin?  That we failed to delay 80,000 deaths or that we destroyed the US economy for a generation?  I know where I sit on that...

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Media and the internet have broken this country.  Seriously.  We’d be a lot better off without it.  

So true.  The internet has broken us.    

It gives people an easy avenue to seek out news that only validates their confirmation biases.  As a result we're more apt to live in cocoon of 1-sided perspectives.  

Unlike in years past (say, when everybody obtained news from Walter Cronkite) we have no common ground as a starting point for disagreement.  People’s worldviews are miles apart.  

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

So true.  The internet has broken us.    

It gives people an easy avenue to seek out news that only validates their confirmation biases.  As a result we're more apt to live in cocoon of 1-sided perspectives.  

Unlike in years past (say, when everybody obtained news from Walter Cronkite) we have no common ground as a stating point for disagreement.  People’s worldviews are miles apart.  

Couldn’t agree more, and people can sit there and spout their perspectives with no consequence and no credibility required.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic