SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

In summary:  time should’ve been the measure

24 hour news cycle delivered by biased sources doomed us.  As did our division as a nation.

i respect a Obama, but his statement about division is a Trojan horse.  He says we must unite...but unite under a particular worldview..there can be no unity with this much division.

I’m personally a bootstrap guy.  Government is not our shield.  I believe America is special and yes, better than other countries.  

cant bubble wrap the world.  My great grandfathers fought in the trenches in France.  Lost 3 children to disease.  Sent 3 boys to the Pacific Theater and 1 to Europe.  1 grandson to Vietnam. They did not believe in safety above all else and they created the basis upon which I am able to thrive.  You keep going forward. You will experience pain and loss...but also joy and love...it’s called life.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Are people being denied testing opportunities around the country?

Does rationed equate to denial if you can’t get one because there is no reason to believe you need one other than academic or for you to feel okay visiting grandma?  

royal “you” not UND1983

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

In many places tests are rationed based on what people's symptoms are. 

I feel healthy as ever; which means I'd have a hell of a difficult time trying to get a test where I live.  Then again, I could just as well be asymptomatic.

7 hours ago, Cratter said:

Dont bars clean the glasses by dunking them in sanitizing water then usually immediately in rinse water?

Is that going to be a big spreader of coronavirus?

I used to do just, cold soapy water with spinning brushes, then a cold rinse dunk and onto a towel to air dry.   very very very small town bar, but I mixed pretty strong to kill of any ickies, lol

I keep hearing we needed mass testing.

But did we know what to test for until it was rolling? And how would we have gear to test for what we didn’t know to test for? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You're missing the forest for the trees. 

This country’s lack of direction, preparation, execution and politicization of Covid is what's gonna kill healthcare systems.  We locked-down but never implemented the next step.  Had we not half-a$$ed our response most states could've opened-up long ago.    Yzerman19 described it well - for political reasons we navigated the middle.  

Hardly.

But I agree with the last sentence. The political part.

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Most definitely. How often do your think nursing home employees should be tested per week right now?

We didn't half ass anything......we got Fauici'd. He does deserve a lot of credit for this mess.

Wanna talk about someone who missed the concept of the forest. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I keep hearing we needed mass testing.

But did we know what to test for until it was rolling? And how would we have gear to test for what we didn’t know to test for? 

I seem to recall we didn’t take advantage of a test from the world health organization early on.

If ND would test 10000 people tomorrow would we have 1000 positives just because more test were done?

Funny that lots of people thought Georgia was going to blowup after they were one of the first states to open things up.

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

I seem to recall we didn’t take advantage of a test from the world health organization early on.

Did we or anyone have the gear to implement it. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Most definitely. How often do your think nursing home employees should be tested per week right now?

How often people are tested and people being turned away from testing opportunities are two different things. Are people actually being denied a test when they want one?

If you adhered to the lockdown completely, there would be no reason to get tested.  

my family did not leave the house for 5 weeks.  Zip. Nada.  Nobody had symptoms.  Why would we be tested?  Airborne exposure in the backyard?  Virus on packaging of grocery delivery?  If we got it that way, well, number was up.  We live A thousand + miles from family over 45.  We’re not infecting people.

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did we or anyone have the gear to implement it. 

Obviously we didn’t.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

How often people are tested and people being turned away from testing opportunities are two different things. Are people actually being denied a test when they want one?

Yes- if there is no logical reason on God’s earth to test them

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The only way to keep covid out of our skilled nursing facilities is a daily rapid test for everyone coming in. Anything short of that, it will find it’s way in. So cal it what you want, but we don’t have the testing capabilities that we need.

add to this...how many people were turned away from testing in Fargo just a few days ago?

21 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Every day.  That's where it goes down

Just now, Redneksioux said:

The only way to keep covid out of our skilled nursing facilities is a daily rapid test for everyone coming in. Anything short of that, it will find it’s way in. So cal it what you want, but we don’t have the testing capabilities that we need.

That's what I am asking.  Are the nursing home workers saying there is a lack of testing, therefore they aren't being tested due to availability?

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That's what I am asking.  Are the nursing home workers saying there is a lack of testing, therefore they aren't being tested due to availability?

I think most would tell you they’d like a daily rapid test before entering.  The residents and families would like us there as well.

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I grew up working in a skilled nursing home for years as my parents owned and operated one. Rednek's fascination with a sliver of the population is astonishing. Great residents in those facilities but they are there for a reason. The staff that cares for those residents are unsung individuals. I have seen first hand many years influenza ravage a facility. Unfortunately sick elderly folks who get sicker don't do well. That's reality. 

Fargo Forum had 40 obituaries today with most of those being elderly.

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I think most would tell you they’d like a daily rapid test before entering.  The residents and families would like us there as well.

Great.  That's not what I am asking. 

Are they wanting a test and not getting it?   

19 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

add to this...how many people were turned away from testing in Fargo just a few days ago?

So I can expect the testing rate to go from 3%+ to 10% if and when those people get tested?