Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

 So would everyone agree that the Chicago Mayor is a fascist dictator?

Beetlejuice has not aged well.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Daily reporting of COVID statistics is one of the worst things that could have ever happened to mankind.

 

What would some people have to message about if they didn't have those statistics to write about every day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, keikla said:

Have you noticed success with this?  We're seeing 80% of patients respond well, but that's anecdotal.

  Trying to figure out how to blend the plasma with remdesivir once we get it.  Do both concurrently?  Do one then the other? Do plasma only if the patient doesn't qualify for remdesivir?

Sorry, I’m not a good resource for that question, therefore can’t answer to “concurrently” in real time. Plasma only began last month as part of a study. 
 

Stay healthy, this will be part of your story forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

NoiseInsideHisHead sounds alot like the afternoon buffoon on 1310am...if you want to hear more ignorance check that out some time.

Just wondering, who is the afternoon buffoon on 1310?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...there’s some seriously disconcerting videos out there...man this is a strange world...free speech is being suppressed, people with legit credentials are being discredited by power brokers...

I’m a highly educated professional and I don’t know what is truth and what is a lie.  
 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

So...there’s some seriously disconcerting videos out there...man this is a strange world...free speech is being suppressed, people with legit credentials are being discredited by power brokers...

I’m a highly educated professional and I don’t know what is truth and what is a lie.  

Just curious if you're referring to the Bakersfield doctors or Judy Mikovits (Plandemic) as those being "suppressed"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdub27 said:

Just curious if you're referring to the Bakersfield doctors or Judy Mikovits (Plandemic) as those being "suppressed"? 

They are two of several...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

California has a huge budget problem. They're going to start opening back up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goon said:

California has a huge budget problem. They're going to start opening back up. 

 

There goes another $50k in taxes for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, keikla said:

You know, some people post stuff that I don't agree with.  Others post in an aggressive manner I don't appreciate. But congrats on posting something so ignorant that I literally want to scream.

Hell yes. Maybe not in North Dakota, but to imply otherwise for NY is a huge slap in the face to everyone here who has spent the past two months living in hell.

Can't recall any other time in my career that the hospital had to rent refrigerated trailers to function as an extension of the morgue.  Or that the city has had to do extensive mass graves because funeral homes and cemeteries can't keep up.  Or that funeral homes are only offering mass cremation services, so if you ask for ashes they may or may not contain your loved one, but they will surely contain at least one other person you didn't know at all. I'm sure those are all just my perception though.

I don't think it's healthy to have daily reported numbers to laymen. I also don't know what Y is, cause we're still too busy functioning at a 300% critical care capacity full of all those people who supposedly didn't have their risk of dying increase in any appreciable way to sit down and do the math.

In addition to having completely failed to address any of my comments about the real world effect of COVID on the much bigger picture of life and death for everyone, you lack perspective. You're in too deep to be objective.

In a nation of 328M, 1M is about 0.3%. It doesn't move the needle.  If 1M die tomorrow, that leaves 99.7% of the country to pick up the pieces of a shattered economy and figure out some way to undo the trauma of pandemic fear mongering.

Sorry, but your cherry picked value of "300% critical care capacity" hardly proves anything. In fact, it may be far more suggestive of a capacity that was too low for a densely populated urban area to begin with, rather than signaling some bellwether moment for public health in the United States for the vast majority of people who aren't even sick, who are unlikely to get sick, and who are extremely unlikely to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

They are two of several...

You'll have to excuse my confusion as you qualified them as having "legit credentials".

The reasons both of those videos were removed are easily found, with their "facts" challenged (with citations). In the case of the Bakersfield docs, they cited unproven/unreviewed research to push their agenda (their own financial well-being) but tried passing it off as medical advice. A simple Google search of Mikovits will show she's a decade or two past having "legit credentials". Their removal from YouTube is not a suppression of free speech. Their videos violate the terms and conditions of where they were posted. Free speech doesn't allow you to post whatever you want, wherever you want. They are still free to promote their messages on their own platforms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You'll have to excuse my confusion as you qualified them as having "legit credentials".

The reasons both of those videos were removed are easily found, with their "facts" challenged (with citations). In the case of the Bakersfield docs, they cited unproven/unreviewed research to push their agenda (their own financial well-being) but tried passing it off as medical advice. A simple Google search of Mikovits will show she's a decade or two past having "legit credentials". Their removal from YouTube is not a suppression of free speech. Their videos violate the terms and conditions of where they were posted. Free speech doesn't allow you to post whatever you want, wherever you want. They are still free to promote their messages on their own platforms. 

You don’t think that the government and the tech oligarchs have the ability to destroy a person’s standing online in a blink?  
 

then use subjective criteria (Granted- to which they are entitled) to stem the message.
 

thats what I fear...this is unprecedented, therefore I am skeptical.  

and the Bakersfield docs aren’t motivated by their financial interests anymore than Anyone else in the medical community. Albeit I did t agree with some of their extrapolation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the big thing is I don’t trust any of the information out there.  I’ve learned throughout my life and career to question the answers being fed me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, keikla said:

I'm scheduled for antibody testing on Tues.  Hoping to have results by the end of next week.  It will be interesting since my diagnostic PCR test was negative, but I've never been so sick for so long as I was in April.

Good luck with all that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ND is one of nine states deemed ready to safely reopen on May 15 per a study done by the Harvard Global Health Institute. FYI.....NY is not one of the nine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been told this virus is a "racial justice issue". Guess someone forgot to tell the Native American community. Last week in Turtle Mountain 590 Native Americans were tested. Cases that came back positive were..........zero.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND is one of nine states deemed ready to safely reopen on May 15 per a study done by the Harvard Global Health Institute. FYI.....NY is not one of the nine.

I don't think anyone is surprised on that one.  Someone in Minn asked me yesterday when I thought I'd be able to go out to eat in a restaurant.  My best guess was August. Even then businesses will have to completely reinvent themselves and figure out how to make money with a decreased number of tables.  I think communal tables and tons of tables on top of each other will be a thing of the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unemployment at 14.7%....highest since Great Depression. Just in April alone employers shed 20.5M jobs but let's keep parroting masks, testing, flatten the curve, save lives and shelter in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

You don’t think that the government and the tech oligarchs have the ability to destroy a person’s standing online in a blink?  

then use subjective criteria (Granted- to which they are entitled) to stem the message.

thats what I fear...this is unprecedented, therefore I am skeptical.  

and the Bakersfield docs aren’t motivated by their financial interests anymore than Anyone else in the medical community. Albeit I did t agree with some of their extrapolation.

Sure. I also think conspiracy theories have the ability to spread inaccurate/dangerous information which can be harmful as well. Their freedom of speech was not suppressed as you stated. Spreading their "opinions" on YouTube or Facebook is not a right and their videos clearly violated the T&C's of the platform, just like many other videos have (from both sides of the politcal spectrum). The government didn't take down their videos and they are free to distribute it on their own.

The Bakersfield docs used their profession to present their case in a way that wasn't honest, particularly with the data they used. I'm not saying that some of their points don't have merit and that some of things they said weren't accurate (even the wrost conspiracy theories use factual info to get people to buy in), but by using their standing as doctors and not disclosing their reasoning or being clear about the data they used and instead citing it is "science", they intentionally mislead people under the guise of being medical experts, not business owners concerned for their well-being (which they have every right to be, but went about it the wrong way).

Quote

In a rare statement late today, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that crazy cat lady that runs a frame shop next to sledsters has a sign on one side of her window that shows how to say "Hello" in a bunch of different languages...bonjour.  Opposite of that sign says "usps ok, thrifty white ok, appointments ok, wearing mask ok   otherwise......CLOSED

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...