SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

4 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

If you would have told me from the beginning that my personal freedom would have only been reduced for a few a weeks, I would have been on board. The issue right now is there isn't a plan for those personal freedoms to come back, and the moment somebody brings up that we should start working on that, they get accused of not caring if people die.

We've been given no plan whatsoever (for anything) from the start.  Our government’s lack of leadership, preparation and execution has been shameful.   As a result we’re stuck with ‘all or nothing’ decisions with nothing in sight and no idea as to how this will end.       

As I watch all these European and Asian countries open up as their death rates fall after each's government and citizenry tackled the problem in unison, and we sit here in the US with a tattered economy, a continuing steady death rate and politicians and citizens at each other's throats, I cant help but think we're gonna be a very different country coming out of this than we were going in.        

Over/under at 2.85M on the irrelevant weekly jobless claims report tomorrow at 730 am CT.

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Of course not - are you saying that if a person knows they were exposed to the virus directly they have no accountability when it comes to staying home vs going out into the community and infecting others? 

Are you making an assumption that this woman KNEW she had been potentially exposed thru her husband and STILL went to work?

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

"if the caregiver get sick".......So what happens when caregivers are in the window where they are contagious but not yet showing any symptoms or end up being completely asymptomatic but are still carrying and shedding the virus?

Point being, you can't just claim isolating the vulnerable and those who need care will be a simple fix.

It’s about true likelihood, if they are sick or have a strong reason to believe they are infected and shedding.  

for the record, my worldview is NOT that this is all worth it if we save even one life from covid.  That’s a child’s lens and a political statement.  

sometimes you have to sacrifice a battalion to win a battle.

I have a vendor in Louisiana who knew of four people in the New Orleans metro who had it  3 of them said it was just like a normal flu.  The other said it was like a really nasty flu.  All four are over it.  

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Or perhaps 5 to 10 divisions

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Its closing in. I know two people with the covid.

u in grand forks?

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

It’s about true likelihood, if they are sick or have a strong reason to believe they are infected and shedding.  

for the record, my worldview is NOT that this is all worth it if we save even one life from covid.  That’s a child’s lens and a political statement.  

You don’t necessarily have to storm the beach either.   A better strategy can certainly make a difference.  

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Or perhaps 5 to 10 divisions

To win a war certainly

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Over/under at 2.85M on the irrelevant weekly jobless claims report tomorrow at 730 am CT.

If you bet the over you win a free mask from Old Fella.......another 3.17M filed unemployment claims last week.

33+M unemployed since this country pushed all it's chips in the middle with the lockdown.

#wehavebeenFauci'd

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you bet the over you win a free mask from Old Fella.......another 3.17M filed unemployment claims last week.

33+M unemployed since this country pushed all it's chips in the middle with the lockdown.

The chips they pushed in the middle are from just new printed money, more where that came from!

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The chips they pushed in the middle are from just new printed money, more where that came from!

If you have poster of AOC tacked to your ceiling above your bed you go ahead and run with that! ;)

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Thanks for thinking of me/it means alot.

Sure you can tell all of us why  Cass County has more cases and dealths from the virus that the rest of the state combined?  

It certainly would have nothing to do with you going to a resturant where neither you or the staff wear masks,

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Thanks for thinking of me/it means alot.

Sure you can tell all of us why  Cass County has more cases and dealths from the virus that the rest of the state combined?  

It certainly would have nothing to do with you going to a resturant where neither you or the staff wear masks,

You can start with size of population.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

That's concept is well over his pay grade.

.....and considering Cass is home to the largest group of the "elderly and vulnerable" in the state it's the caregivers fault.

15 hours ago, jdub27 said:

"if the caregiver get sick".......So what happens when caregivers are in the window where they are contagious but not yet showing any symptoms or end up being completely asymptomatic but are still carrying and shedding the virus?

Point being, you can't just claim isolating the vulnerable and those who need care will be a simple fix.

I'm afraid this is going to be an ongoing problem until such time as a rapid-result test is available, and long-term care facility employees can be tested daily. 

I read somewhere that 84% of Minnesota's 485 coronavirus deaths have occurred in long-term care facilities. And obviously, their lockdown has been longer and more stringent than ND's. 

13 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Last census indicated Cass County has 1/7th of the population in ND.

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's concept is well over his pay grade.

.....and considering Cass is home to the largest group of the "elderly and vulnerable" in the state it's the caregivers fault.

Does Cass County have over 50% of the elderly and vulnerable in the State?  Would never assume that is over your pay grade.

3 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Last census indicated Cass County has 1/7th of the population in ND.

I'm just spit balling but population per sq mile. Probably close to 1/2

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

To win a war certainly

Do you recall a war the US had lost 75,000 people to? Or one that had 2,000 US citizens dying daily?