SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Please cover yourself from head to toe and wear a mask for our safety!

Antifa would love that. :) 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Agreed.  And I'm surprised anyone who would consider blaming the $12/hour CNA for their elder getting sick didn't pull that elder out of the nursing home 2 months ago.

So if your neighbor's spouse tested positive and then your neighbor came over to your house for dinner and you got infected is there no accountability? 

59 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

CM blamed the caregiver, who I'm sure feels bad enough already.  Good point on the nursing home, possible bad assumption on my part.

only blame lies with a person who is living with someone infected and chooses to go out. Update, just got a call that he died. He was in his 80s so guess they better not list Corona as contributing to his death. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

only blame lies with a person who is living with someone infected and chooses to go out. Update, just got a call that he died. He was in his 80s so guess they better not list Corona as contributing to his death. 

Condolences on your loss CM.

51 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree....total lack in judgement. Dare I say I would have been better off going to Taco Bell!

Moe's was definitely preferred over Qdoba and Chipotle when they opened up but that location has gone down hill.

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Is Antifa still a thing?

I am sure that fascist terrorist group will be back in action someday but for right now their parents probably aren't letting them leave the house due to the Shelter in Place regulations.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So if your neighbor's spouse tested positive and then your neighbor came over to your house for dinner and you got infected is there no accountability? 

What are you proposing?  Should the neighbor be arrested for manslaughter?  Is that where we are at now?

15 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe these protesters need to start wearing masks if they're going to be screaming in police officers' faces. Would these cops be so calm if this crowd was black?

I am guessing the cops were calm since the protesters who "stormed" the building were actually told how many of them would be allowed to move into the building and had to line up single file for a temperature check before entering.

For the record I think this protest group should find something better to do with their time.

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What are you proposing?  Should the neighbor be arrested for manslaughter?  Is that where we are at now?

Of course not - are you saying that if a person knows they were exposed to the virus directly they have no accountability when it comes to staying home vs going out into the community and infecting others? 

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Of course not - are you saying that if a person knows they were exposed to the virus directly they have no accountability when it comes to staying home vs going out into the community and infecting others? 

He simply asked you what you think should be the punishment for the caretaker.

12 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

He simply asked you what you think should be the punishment for the caretaker.

If someone knew they had been exposed and chose to come to work among vulnerable adults - probably should be some consequences. Based on the nursing home environment it would seem unlikely that he will be the only who gets infected. 

Just now, CMSioux said:

If someone knew they had been exposed and chose to come to work among vulnerable adults - probably should be some consequences. Based on the nursing home environment it would seem unlikely that he will be the only who gets infected. 

What are those consequences then?

20 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

If you have reason to believe that you have a high probability of shedding the virus, you should stay home.  That’s just common sense.  

quarantine the sick and the probably sick/exposed.  Use common sense.  Open up the country to the well.

6 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Not my decision.

7 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

If you have reason to believe that you have a high probability of shedding the virus, you should stay home.  That’s just common sense.  

quarantine the sick and the probably sick/exposed.  Use common sense.  Open up the country to the well.

Honest question because no one I've asked has a good answer: Where do the caretakers (and their families) who are responsible to take care of the sick/vulnerable population who are quarantined fit in?

22 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The situation as you laid out is clearer than most......husband at LM gets Covid.....wife at home gets close exposure....she comes to nursing home and passes it along.  Easy enough, she should have stayed home if possible.  What if instead of getting it from her husband....the lady went through the Taco Bell drive thru and found out a week later that two people were diagnosed with Covid.  Should she still stay at home?  I can guarantee you I've been in Walmart or Hugo's at the same time people with Covid have been there......do I need to stay home for 2 weeks after every visit?  Should somethong happen to me if I pass it along not knowing that I had it?  How about lesser ailments?  If I pass a cold to a coworker that causes that person to miss two days of work can they file a lawsuit against me?

@Oxbow6 Off topic - any other gems in Fargo for food? Moe's is no longer one... I love Tacos Trumpos, Kobe's to name a few (long work day, can't think of more)....

2 hours ago, Goon said:

Antifa would love that. :) 

As would the KKK!

1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

There are several ‘deliberate’ C-19 related cases with state and federal ramifications currently in the legal system...

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Honest question because no one I've asked has a good answer: Where do the caretakers (and their families) who are responsible to take care of the sick/vulnerable population who are quarantined fit in?

They need to use good judgment.  The coordinators of these vulnerable people’s care must have a contingency if the care giver gets sick

31 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

@Oxbow6 Off topic - any other gems in Fargo for food? Moe's is no longer one... I love Tacos Trumpos, Kobe's to name a few (long work day, can't think of more)....

Mango's for Mexican.

Great Wall for Chinese.

Hi-Ho South for a cheeseburger and fries.

Himalayan Yak for Indian.

NoBull Smokehouse for BBQ.

Poke Bowl for Hawaiian.

Black Coffee and Waffle Bar is terrific.

3 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

They need to use good judgment.  The coordinators of these vulnerable people’s care must have a contingency if the care giver gets sick

"if the caregiver get sick".......So what happens when caregivers are in the window where they are contagious but not yet showing any symptoms or end up being completely asymptomatic but are still carrying and shedding the virus?

Point being, you can't just claim isolating the vulnerable and those who need care will be a simple fix.

54 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

The situation as you laid out is clearer than most......husband at LM gets Covid.....wife at home gets close exposure....she comes to nursing home and passes it along.  Easy enough, she should have stayed home if possible.  What if instead of getting it from her husband....the lady went through the Taco Bell drive thru and found out a week later that two people were diagnosed with Covid.  Should she still stay at home?  I can guarantee you I've been in Walmart or Hugo's at the same time people with Covid have been there......do I need to stay home for 2 weeks after every visit?  Should somethong happen to me if I pass it along not knowing that I had it?  How about lesser ailments?  If I pass a cold to a coworker that causes that person to miss two days of work can they file a lawsuit against me?

The CDC actually classifies different levels of risk, so it takes out a lot of that guess work for being exposed at home vs taco bell vs whatever.  There are also specific guidelines for those who work in healthcare.