SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

22 minutes ago, keikla said:

Immunity passes are entirely reliant on the assumption that once infected you are immune.  I haven't seen anything to support that assumption, and early reports from South Korea actively suggest otherwise.

Not sure if you're referring to reports of people in South Korea testing positive for a second time, but it appears those were likely false positives.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-reinfections-were-false-positives.html

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ignorant and living in fear is no way to live but you continue being you.

Nobody ever accussed me of being very smart.

I live in 0% fear for me.  I do fear that if people do not take responsibilty for their actions we will see a new waive of the virus which could be worse than what we are now experiencing.

NYS dictates that all unvaccinated healthcare workers wear a mask during flu season.  The DOH sets the start and end dates each year based on epidemiology. But i believe that only applies to those who work in a healthcare setting, not elsewhere.  My point being that it's not like the mask thing came totally out of nowhere. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I'm fully aware of being asymptomatic, hence the taking reasonable precautions.

I also assume you are also aware of being asymptomatic and hence have always worn a mask from October to April., unless of course you are a selfish hypocrite.

Have you heard of flu shots?

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Any idea what % of the population gets the flu shot every year?  Probably close to the same % of the population running around right now without a mask on.

18 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You realize that the facemask requirement at local medical centers and many retailers is fairly new right? If you go to Altru will you refuse to wear a mask? How about Hugo's?

It's their private establishment and their rules.  Of course I'd abide by their wishes.

40 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Does this include respecting people who choose not to wear a mask?  Because being told to wear a mask is not something I'm prepared to tolerate.

It seems like overnight the smug, pompous crowd has shifted from "you stay at home" to "you wear a mask."  Yet, nobody is out here telling them they must leave the house, or they cannot wear a mask.

Now I'm just curious: When you say you won't tolerate it, are you just going to avoid stores/places that require them or are you going to openly defy their requirements? I'm not a fan of them personally but if I need groceries and Hugo's requires customers to wear a mask.....well I guess I'll wear one. 

As for your second point, doesn't it make sense as things start opening back up, as most people have been pushing for, that updated requirements about continuing to be cautious be put in place while that happens and they continue to test the waters on what effect opening up has on the curve? To me, it appears they are slowly throttling up with the theory that if they open up full bore and their is a significant spike, you can't put that back in the tube.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

You are aware that flu shots aren't always effective and sometimes they miss strains.  So you didn't wear a mask in the past...  shocking.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Now I'm just curious: When you say you won't tolerate it, are you just going to avoid stores/places that require them or are you going to openly defy their requirements? I'm not a fan of them personally but if I need groceries and Hugo's requires customers to wear a mask.....well I guess I'll wear one. 

As for your second point, doesn't it make sense as things start opening back up, as most people have been pushing for, that updated requirements about continuing to be cautious be put in place while that happens and they continue to test the waters on what effect opening up has on the curve? To me, it appears they are slowly throttling up with the theory that if they open up full bore and their is a significant spike, you can't put that back in the tube.

Yes, I will literally go out of my way to frequent businesses that do not require masks.  And I will withhold patronage from those that do whenever possible.

You can't put any of this "in a tube."  It's a virus (hardly the only one), we are living organisms, we are social by nature, and some of us will succumb to pathogens.  That's literally the way it has always been and will always be.  I weep for the future of mankind if this is the best we can do.  Scaring people into staying home and wearing a mask in public.  Shaming people for living their lives.  Life is all about risks and choices.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

Not sure if you're referring to reports of people in South Korea testing positive for a second time, but it appears those were likely false positives.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-reinfections-were-false-positives.html

There was definitely suspicion that dead virus was contributing to false positives, but there were also reports of patients who became symptomatic again, even after a couple weeks without symptoms.  Those are the ones I'm interested in.

2 hours ago, dynato said:

More tests could prove your point that COVID is widespread and rampant in our population, decreasing the crude mortality rate sooner, so Burgum would have better justification to open much sooner. As is, ND has the fourth highest testing per capita, yet we are 30th in positive cases per capita. Burgum likely see this as an indication that covid hasnt moved through our population yet. ND Sandford is rolling out 1200 antibody tests a day, which would also help confirm suspicions, but they said expect more information in the weeks to come.

Running more tests, isolating the sick, will be one of the quicker ways to reduce future positive cases as Old Fella implies. 

What are your thoughts on immunity passports? Prove you have had the disease and no longer a transmitter, that you are immune to be able enter your workplace. This idea is already circulating in the USA. Fauci already said it is a possibility on national news. I see this as a large threat
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/03/coronavirus-health-passports-for-uk-possible-in-months

Could these passports then be used for Voter ID?

55 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Yes, I will literally go out of my way to frequent businesses that do not require masks.  And I will withhold patronage from those that do whenever possible.

You can't put any of this "in a tube."  It's a virus (hardly the only one), we are living organisms, we are social by nature, and some of us will succumb to pathogens.  That's literally the way it has always been and will always be.  I weep for the future of mankind if this is the best we can do.  Scaring people into staying home and wearing a mask in public.  Shaming people for living their lives.  Life is all about risks and choices.

You in Grand Forks? Where will you seek your medical care? How about buy your groceries? 

55 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I’ve been shopping nude lately. But I do wear a mask. 

Thank You for wearing a mask.

41 new positives on 1667 tests today in ND.

15 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Possibly. Or it's an indicator the lockdowns are having a significantly negative effect on public health. Probably a combination. 

talked to someone that works at altru on friday...she says altru is full of "sick" people..non-rona sick people ...wonder why

1 hour ago, keikla said:

There was definitely suspicion that dead virus was contributing to false positives, but there were also reports of patients who became symptomatic again, even after a couple weeks without symptoms.  Those are the ones I'm interested in.

Did individuals who became symptomatic again have a similar experience to the first time or was it less extensive the second time.  I would assume less given the body's own immune system has already been exposed to the virus thus better able to fight it the second time.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

What are you personally looking for in these numbers? I'm curious. 

If ND did 5000 tests today and 157 came back positive what would that do for you other than pointing out like Forum Communications that the 157 positives is a new single day high in the state?

exactly...if ND did 5000 common flu tests and 157 came back positive what would/should we do?  Unlikethe rona where people probably are staying home for 2 weeks i can bet that half of those 157 are probably still going to work because "it's just the flu".

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly...if ND did 5000 common flu tests and 157 came back positive what would/should we do?  Unlikethe rona where people probably are staying home for 2 weeks i can bet that half of those 157 are probably still going to work because "it's just the flu".

Maybe this will be a good learning experience to everyone. If you are sick, stay home!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Old Fella said:

When we get a vacine or when we all act responsible when out with the public.  Some countries have been able to vertually  eliminate the virus when their citizens act responsibly,

did they really act responsibly or is it because they are not 300lbs and ride a subway for 2 hours everyday while drinking a 20oz mountain dew?

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe this will be a good learning experience to everyone. If you are sick, stay home!

we finally agree on something!

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we finally agree on something!

I'm sure we agree on alot.

Keep in mind most infected with Covid are asymptomatic. Since we aren't sheltering in place, we need to take extra measures to make sure it doesn't spread like a wildfire. This means ramping up testing, contract tracing, and quarantining the known infected. And when you are out and about, please be considerate. Give people some space, don't go touching everything / don't bring your kids in the store to touch everything, and please wear a mask to protect others from what you might have.

So far we've got some of the bases covered. But when we've got people coming out and saying nobody will force them to wear a mask in public since it's their civil liberty to walk around without a mask and accusing people of living in fear when they question our lack of testing....just have some common decency.

First time taking a look at this thread.  Whoa!  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I know, it is like watching the 3 (or more) stooges in the dark with glitter, but it passes the time, carry on...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Hahaha! All the world views in one place...magnified by anonymity and lack of accountability 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2