Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

LOL...so if one kid gets it then we were wrong for our decision.  ONE.  

"If we can save just one kid, and I mean literally one kid, then it was worth the hundreds of billions of dollars in damage".   Old Fella.  

Your decision not to act responsibly when out in public is WRong!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hayduke1

    1800

  • Oxbow6

    1766

  • The Sicatoka

    1025

  • BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

    1016

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

No one asked my opinion but here it is,

I have 0%f fear for me.

I have 100% fear for your children.

Right, but you have no problem ruining their futures.  When you look at the mortality rate of kids,  you will have more kids that end up dying from despair and unintended consequences than the virus itself.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UND1983 said:

You are the only one who cares about state testing numbers.  You are telling us that basically everybody needs to be cleared before we can move on.  

I haven't said that. I am simply pointing out that we are in a SmartRestart campaign and not following the testing numbers that Burgum has laid out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tnt said:

Right, but you have no problem ruining their futures.  When you look at the mortality rate of kids,  you will have more kids that end up dying from despair and unintended consequences than the virus itself.   

Again, read my posts.  The economy must be opened and stay open.  People must take the responsibilty and have the decency to respect others when out in public.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Your decision not to act responsibly when out in public is WRong!

How do you know how I act in public?  I am staying home except for many grocery runs and Scheels once.  

Walmart, Target and such are petri dishes IMO.  I can touch shelves, product, whatever anytime I want and it won't be cleaned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Again, read my posts.  The economy must be opened and stay open.  People must take the responsibilty and have the decency to respect others when out in public.

Does this include respecting people who choose not to wear a mask?  Because being told to wear a mask is not something I'm prepared to tolerate.

It seems like overnight the smug, pompous crowd has shifted from "you stay at home" to "you wear a mask."  Yet, nobody is out here telling them they must leave the house, or they cannot wear a mask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

How do you know how I act in public?  I am staying home except for many grocery runs and Scheels once.  

Walmart, Target and such are petri dishes IMO.  I can touch shelves, product, whatever anytime I want and it won't be cleaned.

I'm sorry.

Had the impression you di not wear a mask when out in the puplic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Does this include respecting people who choose not to wear a mask?  Because being told to wear a mask is not something I'm prepared to tolerate.

It seems like overnight the smug, pompous crowd has shifted from "you stay at home" to "you wear a mask."  Yet, nobody is out here telling them they must leave the house, or they cannot wear a mask.

You must really be offended that you can't go nude when out in public.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

You must really be offended that you can't go nude when out in public.

Equating going nude and not wearing a mask is not going to get anybody to start agreeing with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Does this include respecting people who choose not to wear a mask?  Because being told to wear a mask is not something I'm prepared to tolerate.

It seems like overnight the smug, pompous crowd has shifted from "you stay at home" to "you wear a mask."  Yet, nobody is out here telling them they must leave the house, or they cannot wear a mask.

Well you better get prepared. Just don't do this when you are asked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/04/security-guards-death-might-have-been-because-he-wouldnt-let-woman-store-without-mask/

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

That is wonderful as long as the 1 who gets the virus is not yours.

You can't be serious?  Using that logic then I can't send my kid out in the summer (West Nile).....he can't ever swim in fresh water again (blue algae)....he can never go to school from Nov-March (flu)....can never ride in a car (car accidents).  Etc.  Listen to yourself!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dynato said:

More tests could prove your point that COVID is widespread and rampant in our population, decreasing the crude mortality rate sooner, so Burgum would have better justification to open much sooner. As is, ND has the fourth highest testing per capita, yet we are 30th in positive cases per capita. Burgum likely see this as an indication that covid hasnt moved through our population yet. ND Sandford is rolling out 1200 antibody tests a day, which would also help confirm suspicions, but they said expect more information in the weeks to come.

Running more tests, isolating the sick, will be one of the quicker ways to reduce future positive cases as Old Fella implies. 

What are your thoughts on immunity passports? Prove you have had the disease and no longer a transmitter, that you are immune to be able enter your workplace. This idea is already circulating in the USA. Fauci already said it is a possibility on national news. I see this as a large threat
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/03/coronavirus-health-passports-for-uk-possible-in-months

Immunity passes are entirely reliant on the assumption that once infected you are immune.  I haven't seen anything to support that assumption, and early reports from South Korea actively suggest otherwise.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I'm using a page out of Oxbow's playbook.

Hardly...…..you've never posted anything rational or factual in this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

You can't be serious?  Using that logic then I can't send my kid out in the summer (West Nile).....he can't ever swim in fresh water again (blue algae)....he can never go to school from Nov-March (flu)....can never ride in a car (car accidents).  Etc.  Listen to yourself!

Don't recall saying that.

Being an optomist just think if is not a great sacrifice to act responsibly which includes wearing a mask

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hardly...…..you've never posted anything rational in this thread.

Thank You!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Your decision not to act responsibly when out in public is WRong!

I'm not wearing a mask.  If I feel at all ill I'm not going out.  While out I practice social distancing and take all precautions to be courteous.

It's funny how I don't recall people wearing masks before from October to April each year.  

Have you ever been to a nursing home before Old Fella?  If you have, and you weren't wearing a mask, you are completely irresponsible and you may have given someone the flu and killed  them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Walsh Hall said:

I'm not wearing a mask.  If I feel at all ill I'm not going out.  While out I practice social distancing and take all precautions to be courteous.

It's funny how I don't recall people wearing masks before from October to April each year.  

Have you ever been to a nursing home before Old Fella?  If you have, and you weren't wearing a mask, you are completely irresponsible and you may have given someone the flu and killed  them. 

Looking at your moniker it appears you are or have been at UND.

Assuming that you for sure know you do not have to be feelling ill to be carrying the virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The very notion of an immunity/health passport is laughable.  Exactly which condition(s) - past, present, future - are elevated to passport-level?  And how is that decision going to be made?  What about genetic predispositions...gonna screen for those, too?  Will there be armed checkpoints?  Brain scans?  Exploding restraint collars?  The dystopian future is NOW.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Thank You!

Ignorant and living in fear is no way to live but you continue being you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Looking at your moniker it appears you are or have been at UND.

Assuming that you for sure know you do not have to be feelling ill to be carrying the virus.

I'm fully aware of being asymptomatic, hence the taking reasonable precautions.

I also assume you are also aware of being asymptomatic and hence have always worn a mask from October to April., unless of course you are a selfish hypocrite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Walsh Hall said:

I'm fully aware of being asymptomatic, hence the taking reasonable precautions.

I also assume you are also aware of being asymptomatic and hence have always worn a mask from October to April., unless of course you are a selfish hypocrite.

You realize that the facemask requirement at local medical centers and many retailers is fairly new right? If you go to Altru will you refuse to wear a mask? How about Hugo's?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...