SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

ND had 38 new positives on 1806 tests.

The fact there is still a daily count of positives at this stage tells you everything you need to know about the narrative the local media is pushing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The fact there is still a daily count of positives at this stage tells you everything you need to know about the narrative the local media is pushing.

Click cla click click click

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The fact there is still a daily count of positives at this stage tells you everything you need to know about the narrative the local media is pushing that if you go outside you will DIE!

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This is a multi-factor, multi-dimensional problem, a classic MIMO system to the controls engineers out there. One-dimensional linear thinking will not get us out of this. 

If you want to say lock down, flatten, and protect health care infrastructures, and nothing else, you’re one dimensional. 

If you want to say open it all up and let ‘er buck, and nothing else, you’re one dimensional. 

Governor Bergum is thinking multi-dimensionally and he deserves credit for that. Will he make some mistakes on the way? Yes. But I’d rather that than him locked into “we’re doing this and only this” immovable one dimensional thought. 

There’s so many variables, including temporal...it’s like the fog of war...got be flexible.  They should be looking for signal intelligence that can help them pivot.

Current ND numbers:

Ages 1-39: 660 known cases, 0 deaths.

Ages 40-69: 424 known cases, 3 deaths (.7% mortality rate, although may prove to be significantly lower once antibody tests show true infection rate).

Ages 70-plus: 107 known cases, 22 deaths (20.6% mortality rate).

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

Current ND numbers:

Ages 1-39: 660 known cases, 0 deaths.

Ages 40-69: 424 known cases, 3 deaths (.7% mortality rate, although may prove to be significantly lower once antibody tests show true infection rate).

Ages 70-plus: 107 known cases, 22 deaths (20.6% mortality rate).

two more weeks!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, keikla said:

There's always going to be contention over the death numbers and how they are determined.  If we know that covid creates a hypercoaguable state, and a patient with covid dies from a pulmonary embolism (with no previous related conditions or issues), did the patient die from covid?

Yes

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, keikla said:

There's always going to be contention over the death numbers and how they are determined.  If we know that covid creates a hypercoaguable state, and a patient with covid dies from a pulmonary embolism (with no previous related conditions or issues), did the patient die from covid?

Hypercoaguable state = DIC?

I am an optomist and a realasist.  I realize the ecomomy must be opened.

I have been out the past to days/once to the area I grew up in/the other to a hardware store in GF.

Made a stop at the cenex station in the area I grew up in to put petro in the car.  While doing so a young woman came out of the station with food/she was not wearing a mask.  Went into the station where 2 young women were working.  Although they handled take out food neither was wearing a mask or gloves.

At the GF hardware store at best 1 out of 10 employees were  wearing masks.  Asked why their reply was the store was out of masks.  On the plus side 8 out of 10 customers were wearing masks.

I was wearing a mask at both places. Wearing a mask does not protect me from the virus does not protect me, it protects others, if I had the virus, from speading it to others.  (The fact that you may not be sick does not mean you don't have the virus.)  Millions of people in this country fall into this catagory.

Disclaimer:  Like most of the medical experts on this message board I recieved my medical degree from the University of Pheonix. 

Point:  A significant % of people are not acting responsibly.

7 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I have been out the past to days/once to the area I grew up in/the other to a hardware store in GF.

Made a stop at the cenex station in the area I grew up in to put petro in the car.  While doing so a young woman came out of the station with food/she was not wearing a mask.  Went into the station where 2 young women were working.  Although they handled take out food neither was wearing a mask or gloves.

At the GF hardware store at best 1 out of 10 employees were  wearing masks.  Asked why their reply was the store was out of masks.  On the plus side 8 out of 10 customers were wearing masks.

I was wearing a mask at both places. Wearing a mask does not protect me from the virus does not protect me, it protects others, if I had the virus, from speading it to others.  (The fact that you may not be sick does not mean you don't have the virus.)  Millions of people in this country fall into this catagory.

Disclaimer:  Like most of the medical experts on this message board I recieved my medical degree from the University of Pheonix. 

Keep your distance, wash your hands and disinfectant your hands and surfaces.  Don't cough on anyone.  Cover with your elbow.  

16 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

According to you.  Were they social distancing?

33 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Keep your distance, wash your hands and disinfectant your hands and surfaces.  Don't cough on anyone.  Cover with your elbow.  

I wear the mask to protect others.  As I am over 65 no longer worry about me.

It is irresponsible for anyone to go out in public and not wear a mask.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

According to you.  Were they social distancing?

NO!

1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

NO!

Uh oh, that is a problem.  No masks, too close.  

55 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I wear the mask to protect others.  As I am over 65 no longer worry about me.

It is irresponsible for anyone to go out in public and not wear a mask.

I'll play along, in your mind at what stat/threshold/measurement would you consider it ok for people to no longer wear masks?

Keeping in mind UND 92,96's informative post showing that from ages 1-69 ND has had a total of 3 deaths. 

The FDA issued an emergency use authorization for remdesivir.  Per Gilead, apart from their expanded access program already in place, all doses manufactured will go to the government, and the government will handle distribution.

• Like 1

Just now, keikla said:

The FDA issued an emergency use authorization for remdesivir.  Per Gilead, apart from their expanded access program already in place, all doses manufactured will go to the government, and the government will handle distribution.

Oh great...the government is handling distribution...

7 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

I'll play along, in your mind at what stat/threshold/measurement would you consider it ok for people to no longer wear masks?

Keeping in mind UND 92,96's informative post showing that from ages 1-69 ND has had a total of 3 deaths. 

Hugo’s also has signs up asking everyone that enters to wear a mask. From my observation, 50% were wearing masks on saturday when I was on 32nd.

The thing is none of us really know what the acceptable threshold is. We do know that it has killed almost 70k in the US with most of those deaths occurring in under a month of time. And those who die with it are dying on average of ten years before their expected time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/coronavirus-kills-people-an-average-of-a-decade-before-their-time-11588424401

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

While millions of people have likely been infected and are/were asymptomatic, the vast majority are not actively shedding the virus.  

That said, I would not be happy about receiving food from someone not wearing gloves or a mask.  

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

That was my thought as well.  Rumor has it distribution will be done based on epidemiology though, so hopefully the doses go to the areas that actually need it.

26 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

While millions of people have likely been infected and are/were asymptomatic, the vast majority are not actively shedding the virus.  

That said, I would not be happy about receiving food from someone not wearing gloves or a mask.  

Unfortunately in the food industry, if they're wearing gloves it probably just means they haven't washed or disinfected in a long time.... all while touching money, credit cards, and their face.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Yeah, what possibly could go wrong, right? 

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Unfortunately in the food industry, if they're wearing gloves it probably just means they haven't washed or disinfected in a long time.... all while touching money, credit cards, and their face.

We have a winner......that's a good bingo!

• Upvote 2

Was just thinking that, I should be washing my CC after every time I use it