Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

That would be a biased survey.  Those who it killed aren't around to tell us how they feel about it.

once again....you didn't answer the question.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

I sure would hope an identified asymptomatic carrier would isolate themselves. As far as I can tell they'd be committing a class b misdemeanor in ND if they didn't. I know we can't stop people from acting recklessly but the government can and should be taking measures to limit reckless behavior. To encourage compliance I would hope the government could assist to make sure this is do-able and that person would be eligible for some paid leave from work or unemployment benefits. 

I would hope so too.  But my question would be about forcing someone with no symptoms to get a test.  That’s the only way you would find these silent carriers.  I don’t like forced screenings by the federal government or by private companies for that matter.  I don’t want people to drive drunk either, but I have a problem with forced check points.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Really? Which one? This drug is literally made by 25-30 companies or more and has been off patent for years. Costs about 50 cents a dose.

Don't feel bad, the fake news media live wells are full of people willing to believe anything they report.

Also true of cult members,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Really? Which one? This drug is literally made by 25-30 companies or more and has been off patent for years. Costs about 50 cents a dose.

Don't feel bad, the fake news media live wells are full of people willing to believe anything they report.

There are risks associated with the drug in the doses being used as therapeutic, especially for those with heart conditions.
 

The drug itself is cheap, safe and effective in known dosing for malaria and immunologic diseases.

sidenote, you realize you can die from a heavy dose of Tylenol too... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I would hope so too.  But my question would be about forcing someone with no symptoms to get a test.  That’s the only way you would find these silent carriers.  I don’t like forced screenings by the federal government or by private companies for that matter.  I don’t want people to drive drunk either, but I have a problem with forced check points.

We have a long ways to go before we are to a point of there being more tests than those that want a test. In ND they are mass testing at nursing homes. To protect residents some of the long term care facilities are even paying their staff to be tested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Really? Which one? This drug is literally made by 25-30 companies or more and has been off patent for years. Costs about 50 cents a dose.

Don't feel bad, the fake news media live wells are full of people willing to believe anything they report.

I'd look at the two companies the VA ordered it from using a no-bid emergency ordering process.   

I guess any news that conflicts with Conservatives shaky grasp on reality is fake news now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I'd look at the two companies the VA ordered it from using a no-bid emergency ordering process.   

I guess any news that conflicts with Conservatives shaky grasp on reality is fake news now.

i would guess most people on here lean more libertarian.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i would guess most people on here lean more libertarian.

To be fair, most I'd argue on here are Trumpists first..... essentially anything he does is OK and anyone who criticizes anything he does even the slightest is anti-Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

To be fair, most I'd argue on here are Trumpists first..... essentially anything he does is OK and anyone who criticizes anything he does even the slightest is anti-Trump.

Then how do you explain nearly all of the conservative leaning posters here expressing frustration with the forced shutdown for the last month and a half?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

japan has/had 432 deaths yet a lot of people use mass transit and i am assuming that some of it underground...why is that japan has that few of deaths compared to nyc?  is it bc it has become customary for asians to wear masks more compared to americans...432 deaths for all of japan is crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

japan has/had 432 deaths yet a lot of people use mass transit and i am assuming that some of it underground...why is that japan has that few of deaths compared to nyc?  is it bc it has become customary for asians to wear masks more compared to americans...432 deaths for all of japan is crazy.

lower incidence of Cardiac related chronic conditions?  Climate?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Board of regents voted to have in-person class this fall at SD universities.  

Golfed yesterday with a friend of my daughter. He golfs at a MN university. He was told by his school to be prepared to have online class this coming fall semester. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

japan has/had 432 deaths yet a lot of people use mass transit and i am assuming that some of it underground...why is that japan has that few of deaths compared to nyc?  is it bc it has become customary for asians to wear masks more compared to americans...432 deaths for all of japan is crazy.

 

6 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

lower incidence of Cardiac related chronic conditions?  Climate?  

Masks might have made a difference for reducing general spread, but a lower incidence of comorbidities probably had a much bigger role for number of deaths.  Remember, according to a review by a major NYC hospital system, obesity had a huge correlation with those requiring intubation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keikla said:

I find this surprising...not that they're so far behind but that they're still supporting it.  The vast majority of hospitals here have pulled it from their treatment protocols. It is not just a concern of lack of efficacy, but a concern for poorer outcomes compared to those who don't receive the medication at all. 

I’d like for there to be a scientific consensus here.  I hear mixed responses with a partisan tone each way in the reporting around this. (Not from you Keikla, I mean in media)
 

anecdotally, India, which has cities more densely populated than NYC has a death rate per million of 0.9...coincidence that anti-malarials are pervasive?  I don’t have the data to answer that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

To be fair, most I'd argue on here are Trumpists first..... essentially anything he does is OK and anyone who criticizes anything he does even the slightest is anti-Trump.

You are correct.  Cult members believe and do anything their leader sas or wants,

41 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

To be fair, most I'd argue on here are Trumpists first..... essentially anything he does is OK and anyone who criticizes anything he does even the slightest is anti-Trump.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tragedy of this pandemic will prove not to be loss of life, but on the further destruction of our nation.

Regionalism and ideological world view differences along with economic disparity already in clear sight will be exponentially magnified.  
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

could we send everyone over 65 to mesa, az on dec 1 for three months...

I'd LOVE it!!  No snow to shovel, all that cold weather..........  but the hockey game commute would be a real bummer!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

I'd LOVE it!!  No snow to shovel, all that cold weather..........  but the hockey game commute would be a real bummer!!

that's why we need asu in the nchc!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

There are risks associated with the drug in the doses being used as therapeutic, especially for those with heart conditions.
 

The drug itself is cheap, safe and effective in known dosing for malaria and immunologic diseases.

sidenote, you realize you can die from a heavy dose of Tylenol too... 

Right. But people act like they can go to the pharmacist and pick some up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I’d like for there to be a scientific consensus here.  I hear mixed responses with a partisan tone each way in the reporting around this. (Not from you Keikla, I mean in media)
 

anecdotally, India, which has cities more densely populated than NYC has a death rate per million of 0.9...coincidence that anti-malarials are pervasive?  I don’t have the data to answer that.

Part of the reason there isn't yet is because of the lag from observation to publication. The scientific community is going to wait for published, peer reviewed studies before making a consensus. The process of gathering data, analyzing, writing the manuscript, submitting, getting peer reviewed, doing edits and then finally publishing takes a lot of time, even if the process is trying to be expedited.  That's what the scientific community is waiting for. 

In the meantime, the fact that every major healthcare system in the hardest hit area decided, independently of each other, to remove it from treatment protocol (despite not having anything to use instead) is pretty damning.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I'd look at the two companies the VA ordered it from using a no-bid emergency ordering process.   

I guess any news that conflicts with Conservatives shaky grasp on reality is fake news now.

It is amazing how something that was completely discredited weeks ago pops back up. Let's do the Russia thing next.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

To be fair, most I'd argue on here are Trumpists first..... essentially anything he does is OK and anyone who criticizes anything he does even the slightest is anti-Trump.

More anti media, pro facts myself. Voted for Darrell castle in 2016.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The tragedy of this pandemic will prove not to be loss of life, but on the further destruction of our nation.

Regionalism and ideological world view differences along with economic disparity already in clear sight will be exponentially magnified.  
 

 

That is the goal of some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...