Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

Just now, yzerman19 said:

I don’t ignore the virus, but it’s important to put it in perspective.  I don’t drive drunk and I don’t let little kids swim unsupervised either.  

You win.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

You win.

Better believe it.  Every day I count my blessings.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also for anyone curious, Dartmouth put together a project to map current cases and recent case growth on a population basis. Not a single region in California is in the top 50 for cases on a population basis. Only one city, LA, is in the top fifty on a percentage case growth basis. California is doing surprisingly well compared to other states

https://test.dartmouthatlas.org/hrr-mapping/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CA has mostly adhered to a shelter in place directive for the past 5 weeks.  Incubation period + onset of symptoms + hospitalization + death is typically around 35 days.  Shorter if you skip the vent (which if you’re 55+ doesn’t really matter as barring a miracle you will not survive after being intubated with COVID).  So we’re rapidly approaching the end in CA, with the exception of SNFs and the homeless that are driving this secondary surge of this week. 
 

Antibody tests and herd immunity over the next 30 days, non dna-editor vaccine by fall.  This becomes an annual 25000-50000 person killer like the flu.  
 

meanwhile the US economy won’t recover for years...the debt component will drive increased taxes or inflation or socialist controls.  Made it really tough on the kiddos.  Imagine a world where it takes $300k/year to have a Barelyvmiddle class life...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dynato said:

Also for anyone curious, Dartmouth put together a project to map current cases and recent case growth on a population basis. Not a single region in California is in the top 50 for cases on a population basis. Only one city, LA, is in the top fifty on a percentage case growth basis. California is doing surprisingly well compared to other states

https://test.dartmouthatlas.org/hrr-mapping/

Yes as is Texas.  Considering the homeless population in CA the performance is even more remarkable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The story of COVID-19 will be told by two words:

dense populations 

 

Think about it ... 

Bingo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dynato said:

Also for anyone curious, Dartmouth put together a project to map current cases and recent case growth on a population basis. Not a single region in California is in the top 50 for cases on a population basis. Only one city, LA, is in the top fifty on a percentage case growth basis. California is doing surprisingly well compared to other states

https://test.dartmouthatlas.org/hrr-mapping/

lots of rich people in la holed up in their mcmansions that don't need to get tested, lots of homeless people in la holed up in their cardboard boxes that don't want to be tested, and a few people in the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

lots of rich people in la holed up in their mcmansions that don't need to get tested, lots of homeless people in la holed up in their cardboard boxes that don't want to be tested, and a few people in the middle.

not True.  LA is very socio-economically diverse.  Large working and middle class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Willmar might be going along the same path as Worthington in regards to a hot spot.

The turkey plant there closed up for two weeks.

Nobles County (where Worthington is in) is up to 325 cases. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit: From the USA Today: Cristina Cuomo says she treated her coronavirus with Clorox baths, vitamin drips: Experts react

 

 

Quote

 

Clorox bleach baths

As President Donald Trump appeared to question Thursday whether disinfectant could be used to treat coronavirus patients – to the dismay of medical professionals – Cuomo says she adds "½ cup ONLY of Clorox" to her bathwater to "combat the radiation and metals in my system and oxygenate it."

"We want to neutralize heavy metals because they slow-up the electromagnetic frequency of our cells, which is our energy field, and we need a good flow of energy," Cuomo explains. 

She adds there is "no danger in doing this," comparing it to "a simple naturopathic treatment."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Goon said:

From the USA Today. 

 

 

 

to clarify this is cuomo's (cnn cuomo) wife christina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Looks like Willmar might be going along the same path as Worthington in regards to a hot spot.

The turkey plant there closed up for two weeks.

Nobles County (where Worthington is in) is up to 325 cases. 

 

 

Whats with all the turkey plants having outbreaks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Yes as is Texas.  Considering the homeless population in CA the performance is even more remarkable.  

Along with Florida. Some of the beaches are opening back up. Escambia County officials meet on the 28th to discuss opening up Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key beaches.  Also, there is about 15 miles of public park beaches between Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach for people to get out and enjoy the sun, wind, surf, water....  Plenty of room for a family to go out and enjoy and keep distance from others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Whats with all the turkey plants having outbreaks?

My guess they have similar working conditions to the pork plants and other meat packing plants. 

However, that is just a guess and I don't have any inside knowledge. 

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to watch what happens in Willmar and see if they do go down the same path as Worthington in terms of an outbreak. 

Farming was already hurting with the pork plants going down,  turkey plants going down would be another blow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ND most tests in a day. 1901 tests.....56 positives. 1 death.

Doug just punched the reset again.

#2moreweeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Whats with all the turkey plants having outbreaks?

 

15 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

My guess they have similar working conditions to the pork plants and other meat packing plants. 

However, that is just a guess and I don't have any inside knowledge. 

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to watch what happens in Willmar and see if they do go down the same path as Worthington in terms of an outbreak. 

Farming was already hurting with the pork plants going down,  turkey plants going down would be another blow. 

 

Many of these companies' labor force consists of migrants or H2A workers.  These workers arrive from all over the place and are provided barrack-style communal housing accommodation.    

It's a recipe for disaster.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND most tests in a day. 1901 tests.....56 positives. 1 death.

Doug just punched the reset again.

#2moreweeks

what is hell is doug waiting for?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what is hell is doug waiting for?  

Labor Day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the state retested those same 1901 people tomorrow what would the results be?  56? 59? 51? 66 positives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

Agree or disagree, there are some valid points here.....https://www.zerohedge.com/health/ripple-effects-government-lockdown-are-only-starting-take-shape

You would not, in the slightest, in any kind of sane world, shut down an entire economy and lock down everything when you have a 5 per 100,000 death rate for the overwhelming share of the population.

in a country where school is canceled bc its "too cold"...not snowing or blizzarding...."too cold" i can see it yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

Agree or disagree, there are some valid points here.....https://www.zerohedge.com/health/ripple-effects-government-lockdown-are-only-starting-take-shape

You would not, in the slightest, in any kind of sane world, shut down an entire economy and lock down everything when you have a 5 per 100,000 death rate for the overwhelming share of the population.

Right- and death rate for people not 55+ and not in NY metroplex...at like 2/100,000.

it was fear of the unknown in the beginning and warranted caution.  Either that or the intel community knows something about this that they aren’t telling us.
 

This has exposed the soft underbelly of the service and retail industries...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Right- and death rate for people not 55+ and not in NY metroplex...at like 2/100,000.

it was fear of the unknown in the beginning and warranted caution.  Either that or the intel community knows something about this that they aren’t telling us.
 

This has exposed the soft underbelly of the service and retail industries...

The average age of the U.S. House of Representatives is almost 58 years old. In the Senate, it’s nearly 63 years. It's almost as if they are making decisions based on their needs rather than the country as a whole. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goon said:

Edit: From the USA Today: Cristina Cuomo says she treated her coronavirus with Clorox baths, vitamin drips: Experts react

 

 

 

Corona or no Corona, Clorox baths are just a good idea in general for anyone spending their nights with Chris Cuomo.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...