SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Omaha. The Saturday don't get swept edition.

Wilbur

6 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I think a little pressure from the league for Omaha to consider a coaching change could do wonders to help their program....

Only team to never make St. Paul.  A few of those on Blais, but I can't see them turning a corner under Gabinet.  

Their season ends in Denver, then Mav twitter can focus solely on UND. 

17 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I think a little pressure from the league for Omaha to consider a coaching change could do wonders to help their program....

Some UNO fans seem to think their Coach is doing a great job because some CHN writer ranked their freshman class one of the top recruiting classes in the country. This same writer picked UND to finish 6th in the NCHC. So not sure he’s someone to take seriously anyway. 

Other UNO fans agree with Berry’s comment on how “it’s all about leadership.” Don’t t seem to be a huge fans of the guy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Yes lots of respect for Gwoz. Especially moreso in some of his post DU coaching interviews.

I’ll never forget the interview with Gwoz during the nickname controversy when he said, “They will always be the Fighting Sioux to me.” Class guy in my book. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SIOUXpucks said:

Comical that first he said how they played 3 games against us and had 3 guys with concussions but then a moment later he said how they had played 4 games and had 4 concussions. 

Yeah I must have missed the UNO concussion suffered last night (and the other two at the REA). No mention of taking out two of our players on Friday night in the first period, neither of which could play in the finale. And one of those players being one of the best players in the nation. 
Nice work UNO. :silly:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Some UNO fans seem to think their Coach is doing a great job because some CHN writer ranked their freshman class one of the top recruiting classes in the country. This same writer picked UND to finish 6th in the NCHC. So not sure he’s someone to take seriously anyway. 

Other UNO fans agree with Berry’s comment on how “it’s all about leadership.” Don’t t seem to be a huge fans of the guy. 

So who did he pick to finish 6th in the NCHC and who finished 6th in the NCHC? :):):)

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Yeah I must have missed the UNO concussion suffered last night (and the other two at the REA). No mention of taking out two of our players on Friday night in the first period, neither of which could play in the finale. And one of those players being one of the best players in the nation. 
Nice work UNO. :silly:

The one concussion at the Ralph was the one for which Pinto got suspended.  Of course, no mention that it was in retaliation for a dangerous cheap shot.   

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Only team to never make St. Paul.  A few of those on Blais, but I can't see them turning a corner under Gabinet.  

Their season ends in Denver, then Mav twitter can focus solely on UND. 

If and when they do, I’m sure a banner will go up alongside their three regional and one frozen four banners hanging in Baxter. I couldn’t get over how uninformed most fans were yelling at officials during Saturday’s game. Was laughable. My favorite was some guy constantly yelling “NO INTEGRITY REF! NO INTEGRITY 8 (or 2)” (refs wore #8 and #2). 

Omaha single handedly took themselves out of it once it got 2-0 IMO. 

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I just tried my luck at facts.  Let's see if she gives me the block. 

Mavpuck must be the same woman who was screaming at the top of the stairs at the end of Saturday nights game “your not the Sioux anymore! You are the Hawks. Ask the reservation what they want to be called!”

9 hours ago, NOCO SIOUX said:

Mavpuck must be the same woman who was screaming at the top of the stairs at the end of Saturday nights game “your not the Sioux anymore! You are the Hawks. Ask the reservation what they want to be called!”

Imagine having that pitiful of an existence.....

Or calling a team you're playing goons when you lead the league in penalties. 

• Upvote 1