SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxVolley

Frozen Four bid cities announced for 2023-26

As a city, I personally don't find Las Vegas that enticing, but I do think it would make for a fabulous Frozen Four host.  I think a lot of people would be excited to go there for it.   Good time of year weather-wise, too.

Tampa, then Tampa, then Tampa, then Tampa again.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Dustin said:

As a city, I personally don't find Las Vegas that enticing, but I do think it would make for a fabulous Frozen Four host.  I think a lot of people would be excited to go there for it.   Good time of year weather-wise, too.

It is a great time. The weather is perfect the race is over so you don’t have an extra 150k in town. PGA doesn’t stop until October. 

Warm weather destinations are best, IMHO.  Virtually everyone is traveling to get to the FF, so distance isn't an issue for many of the attendees (plus, most come from cold weather areas).  You might miss out on some local bumps like Notre Dame provided in Chicago for their 1 game, but a big chunk of the crowd shows up whether their school is there or not.  

My ranking the last five locations (we attend every year)

1. Tampa - it's not close. This was such a good location that it wins even though I got food poisoning the first night in town.
  2. St. Paul - breaks my "warm weather' preference, but the city really puts out the welcome mat for the crowd
  3. Boston - weather was crap for part of the tourney, but the history and number of things to do is great. Also, you can get everywhere using all public transport without needing rental cars, uber, etc.
  4. Chicago - the arena sucks and there was nothing to do immediately surrounding it, but the city itself has a lot to offer
  5. Buffalo - I may skip another FF held there. The arena was fine, but the rest of the town left so much to be desired.  Probably the least fun I've had at a FF.