Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (12-15, 6-7) vs NDSU (20-7, 11-2) 2/22 7 PM


SWSiouxMN
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

#34.......uffffffff. 

#15.....he's an NCIS player.

The reality is this team has 3 scorers. #1 was the best player on the floor. #12 was really good. Unfortunately #23 got into early foul trouble.

#1 had the best game of any player on the floor last night, but was not the best player on the court. #12 is a very good player and definitely the best big man on the court last night. #23 can hit open 3’s if you hive him them, but isn’t going to create a shot on his own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nd1sufan said:

#1 had the best game of any player on the floor last night, but was not the best player on the court. #12 is a very good player and definitely the best big man on the court last night. #23 can hit open 3’s if you hive him them, but isn’t going to create a shot on his own. 

We obviously were not watching the same game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

#34.......uffffffff. 

#15.....he's an NCIS player.

The reality is this team has 3 scorers. #1 was the best player on the floor. #12 was really good. Unfortunately #23 got into early foul trouble.

DAE was bad yesterday like really bad. He’s a fine player and will have a good career. I just don’t understand his shot, he has no balance. 
I thought Danielson did a good job defensively and great hustle. His offensive game needs a lot of work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought this was interesting....was senior night. Your kid plays at UND but you come out during the pregame segment honoring your son head to toe in UNC Tarheel garb. Just my opinion but that looked really odd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

I said it yesterday, DAE is essentially worthless right now.  He does nothing much at all.  Probably why he didn't start.

Think it had to do with matchups. DAE has had a couple clunkers against NDSU but has had a solid freshmen season. I'll take 14 points and 5 boards a game this year and I think he has a bright future for UND.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, CMSioux said:

You really believe referees at this level have agendas?

Fans always believe the officials are out to get their team. Yet they have never picked up a rule book or truly take the time to understand the rules. I have friends who officiate various sports and they have enlightened me to better understand rules. I don't pretend to be an expert, but I at least understand them better than most. The most surprising ones to me in basketball is there is no such foul as "over the back" or "reaching in". And when you talk about traveling there are things like "gathering the ball" that's a factor and establishing the pivot foot is different if you gain possession or stop dribbling and land with one foot on the ground first or both at the same time.

I do know college officials are assigned by the conference so they don't care at all who wins the game. And contact alone is not what causes the foul. It's very liberating to watch sports when you realize you don't understand the rules as much as you think you do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Can you imagine trying to convince yourself this is actually true? 

Yes, he was the best player on the court LAST NIGHT. That doesn’t mean he is the best basketball player overall that was on that court last night. If you were going to start  a team with one player that was on the floor last night, at least 8 of 9 SL coaches would not pick Stewart. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MIBT said:

Fans always believe the officials are out to get their team. Yet they have never picked up a rule book or truly take the time to understand the rules. I have friends who officiate various sports and they have enlightened me to better understand rules. I don't pretend to be an expert, but I at least understand them better than most. The most surprising ones to me in basketball is there is no such foul as "over the back" or "reaching in". And when you talk about traveling there are things like "gathering the ball" that's a factor and establishing the pivot foot is different if you gain possession or stop dribbling and land with one foot on the ground first or both at the same time.

I do know college officials are assigned by the conference so they don't care at all who wins the game. And contact alone is not what causes the foul. It's very liberating to watch sports when you realize you don't understand the rules as much as you think you do.

Is blatant goaltending a judgement call? Maybe you know more than the rest of us.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Yes, he was the best player on the court LAST NIGHT. That doesn’t mean he is the best basketball player overall that was on that court last night. If you were going to start  a team with one player that was on the floor last night, at least 8 of 9 SL coaches would not pick Stewart. 

So now you moved the argument to who is the "best overall player over the course of this season"?  Just say that then.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Think it had to do with matchups. DAE has had a couple clunkers against NDSU but has had a solid freshmen season. I'll take 14 points and 5 boards a game this year and I think he has a bright future for UND.

That's true, he hasn't been as bad as I remembered after looking back at stats.  I expect alot more from him and want him to be that legit #2-3 scoring option every night.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Yes, he was the best player on the court LAST NIGHT. That doesn’t mean he is the best basketball player overall that was on that court last night. If you were going to start  a team with one player that was on the floor last night, at least 8 of 9 SL coaches would not pick Stewart. 

Whatever works for you I guess.

Leads the league in scoring and assists, top 15 in rebounding and plays good defense. Kept Shadid in check last night. Showed up when it mattered the most. I'd take him over Vinny or Ward if I need someone to win a game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Whatever works for you I guess.

Leads the league in scoring and assists, top 15 in rebounding and plays good defense. Kept Shadid in check last night. Showed up when it mattered the most. I'd take him over Vinny or Ward if I need someone to win a game. 

Vinnie cost NDSU the game IMO. Bad turnovers. Jacking up ill advised 3s. The fact he rarely matched up on Stewart says a lot of what he defensive capabilities are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I said in the game thread:  This team to draw a line and say no more to losing to the I-29 schools. 

Marlon made sure that happened.  He wouldn't let this team lose this game.  

UND won this game shooting 4-21 from 3... let that sink in.  4-21 from 3 and they won.  They also nearly blew it with the 5 second call and then the and 1 from Ward.   

Rebraca had a nice game, but he had a few moments of defensive lapses that I didn't like. Didn't need to try and draw a charge at the end, just play straight up D and if you foul, make sure the shot doesn't fall. 

Is Davids hurt?  Is this why Ethan is getting his minutes or has Ethan jumped ahead of both him and Panoam?

Wondering if DAE is hitting a wall?

UND has surpassed their win totals in the Summit and overall.  Given the fact they are missing their best bench and 3 point shooter in Moody, that can't be overlooked. 

They ended one drought, now end another against Omaha.  Give yourself a chance to get to the 5 seed with a win.  Heck, win both games against Omaha and USD and having a winning Summit record and finish .500 in the regular season. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Is blatant goaltending a judgement call? Maybe you know more than the rest of us.

Goal tending is a judgement call. Whether it's blatant or not is in the eye of the beholder. We tend to be influenced by our biases. If this happened in Saturday's game, I don't believe I saw it. If it was blatant it's possible it was missed because an official was out of position or was in position or had a bad angle. I assume all 3 aren't supposed to be looking at the ball on the rim because then nobody is watching the players on the court. We have no idea. But to say they saw and intentionally didn't call it because they are favoring the home team is ridiculous. That's what we as fans are saying if we say the officials are biased toward one team or another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MIBT said:

Goal tending is a judgement call. Whether it's blatant or not is in the eye of the beholder. We tend to be influenced by our biases. If this happened in Saturday's game, I don't believe I saw it. If it was blatant it's possible it was missed because an official was out of position or was in position or had a bad angle. I assume all 3 aren't supposed to be looking at the ball on the rim because then nobody is watching the players on the court. We have no idea. But to say they saw and intentionally didn't call it because they are favoring the home team is ridiculous. That's what we as fans are saying if we say the officials are biased toward one team or another.

Not really a "judgement call" when the ball was played off the backboard then swatted out of the cylinder. A competent D1 officiating crew should NEVER EVER miss that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2020 at 8:38 AM, MIBT said:

Goal tending is a judgement call. Whether it's blatant or not is in the eye of the beholder. We tend to be influenced by our biases. If this happened in Saturday's game, I don't believe I saw it. If it was blatant it's possible it was missed because an official was out of position or was in position or had a bad angle. I assume all 3 aren't supposed to be looking at the ball on the rim because then nobody is watching the players on the court. We have no idea. But to say they saw and intentionally didn't call it because they are favoring the home team is ridiculous. That's what we as fans are saying if we say the officials are biased toward one team or another.

He wouldn't be making these comments if NDSU won. Lets just put that out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, nd1sufan said:

Example. In the final minutes. Shahid goes by Rebraca for a layup. Rebraca bumps him and no call. Next possession or two, Stewart goes in for a layup, less contact, (Actually really no contact)  from Krueser, they call a foul. But this game doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Win or lose tonight for NDSU, basically whoever wins the game Thursday in Fargo between NDSU and SDSU gets the number 1 seed and the loser gets the #2 seed. 

You must need glasses because Krueser got him with all of his body on that play :cool:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GoHawks said:

He wouldn't be making these comments if NDSU won. Lets just put that out there.

That's common of all fan bases including this one. I didn't see this particular play so I couldn't tell you if you it was blatant or not. I'll see something I think was completely wrong and ask one of my official friends and they will often tell me either why I was 100% wrong or why an official may not have seen it. It has definitely changed my opinion of the officials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...