Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxSherm94

#1 UND @ SCSU - Feb. 21/22

Recommended Posts

Never too early to get this going.

#1 UND (#1 Pairwise, NCHC) with a big two-game tilt at the Herbie vs unranked SCSU (#27 Pairwise, #5 NCHC). SCSU is still in the hunt to clinch the last home spot for the NCHC tournament, while UND is sitting atop the conference, nearing in on its' first Penne Rosa since the 2015-16 campaign.

Last series result was a sweep by UND, with an outright 4-2 win Friday and close 2-1 OT winner on Saturday. My feeling is the same outcome with a more lop-sided result this weekend, as the Huskies are posting a mediocre 6-5-1 record at home and less than stellar year overall.

 

Fri- 6-2 UND

Sat- 5-2 UND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

Never too early to get this going.

#1 UND (#1 Pairwise, NCHC) with a big two-game tilt at the Herbie vs unranked SCSU (#27 Pairwise, #5 NCHC). SCSU is still in the hunt to clinch the last home spot for the NCHC tournament, while UND is sitting atop the conference, nearing in on its' first Penne Rosa since the 2015-16 campaign.

Last series result was a sweep by UND, with an outright 4-2 win Friday and close 2-1 OT winner on Saturday. My feeling is the same outcome with a more lop-sided result this weekend, as the Huskies are posting a mediocre 6-5-1 record at home and less than stellar year overall.

 

Fri- 6-2 UND

Sat- 5-2 UND

With St. Cloud still in the running for home ice, I would be shocked if both games were that lopsided.   They have won their last four at home, including a sweep of Duluth, so for us to blow them out would truly be impressive. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you traveling to St. Cloud for the games, here's what I've gathered in terms of the festivities:

There won't be an official UND/SCSU pre-game social on Saturday (at least not one that I've heard of yet). I would still like to get folks together somewhere before the game, and Brick & Bourbon (formerly Brothers) on 5th Avenue South looks interesting. I think I'll bring my group over there on Saturday afternoon, and y'all are welcome to join us.

On Friday night, I'll be playing a short acoustic set (10:30-11:15 p.m.) at the Red Carpet if anyone is interested in checking that out. The venue is 21+, and there will be a pop punk band on stage there after I play.

Here's to hockey!

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dave Berger said:

For those of you traveling to St. Cloud for the games, here's what I've gathered in terms of the festivities:

There won't be an official UND/SCSU pre-game social on Saturday (at least not one that I've heard of yet). I would still like to get folks together somewhere before the game, and Brick & Bourbon (formerly Brothers) on 5th Avenue South looks interesting. I think I'll bring my group over there on Saturday afternoon, and y'all are welcome to join us.

On Friday night, I'll be playing a short acoustic set (10:30-11:15 p.m.) at the Red Carpet if anyone is interested in checking that out. The venue is 21+, and there will be a pop punk band on stage there after I play.

Here's to hockey!

Dave

Heading up for the Saturday tilt. Any local food spots that should be taken advantage of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Heading up for the Saturday tilt. Any local food spots that should be taken advantage of?

Beaver Island tap room & Olde Brick House are a couple of spots we plan on checking out pre game.

Press Bar burned to the ground Sunday night/Monday morning. So, that’s out.

Howie’s is a top notch dive bar for after the game. They also have a bus for the game as does MC’s Dugout.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got two tickets for Friday this afternoon so myself and @siouxforce19 will be in attendance! Hopefully it goes better than our trip to Mankato... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MC s Dugout is a nice gathering spot for Friday, in downtown St. Cloud with good food and the famous Hairy Buffalo drink. They lost The Press Bar nearby to a big fire last week but all cleaned up. Go Sioux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at Jim Dahl's site.  The St. Cloud situation is pretty crazy.  They are at #27 in the PWR right now, and are a below .500 team fighting just to get home ice in the playoffs.  If they finish the regular season 6-0, they could be as high as #6 in the PWR when the regular season ends.  21 spots in six games is crazy, especially this late in the year.  Games against UND, Denver and UMD will do that, though, I guess.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

I was looking at Jim Dahl's site.  The St. Cloud situation is pretty crazy.  They are at #27 in the PWR right now, and are a below .500 team fighting just to get home ice in the playoffs.  If they finish the regular season 6-0, they could be as high as #6 in the PWR when the regular season ends.  21 spots in six games is crazy, especially this late in the year.  Games against UND, Denver and UMD will do that, though, I guess.  :)

Saw that too, has to be the only time that upside has been that big with the last 6 games of the season. Playing the #1,#4,& #5 pairwise ranked teams to finish out the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

I was looking at Jim Dahl's site.  The St. Cloud situation is pretty crazy.  They are at #27 in the PWR right now, and are a below .500 team fighting just to get home ice in the playoffs.  If they finish the regular season 6-0, they could be as high as #6 in the PWR when the regular season ends.  21 spots in six games is crazy, especially this late in the year.  Games against UND, Denver and UMD will do that, though, I guess.  :)

Does that figure in other teams games tho? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Does that figure in other teams games tho? 

Go here: 
https://blog.collegehockeyranked.com/2020/02/04/another-look-at-which-teams-are-likely-to-make-the-2020-ncaa-hockey-tournament/ 

Scroll down to the heading "How the forecast works", specifically, "Each forecast is based on at least one million monte carlo simulations of the games in the described period." 

Allow me to translate: Jim's run one million simulated (remaining games) seasons and calculated the PWR after each. He uses that for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Go here: 
https://blog.collegehockeyranked.com/2020/02/04/another-look-at-which-teams-are-likely-to-make-the-2020-ncaa-hockey-tournament/ 

Scroll down to the heading "How the forecast works", specifically, "Each forecast is based on at least one million monte carlo simulations of the games in the described period." 

Allow me to translate: Jim's run one million simulated (remaining games) seasons and calculated the PWR after each. He uses that for this

I see now yes. Very low chance to be 6. But it's there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to try to watch the Sioux get a nice sweep from the warm weather of St Lucia!

As always, anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schloss predicted a UND sweep.......bank on a split.

#jinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling we will see one nail biter and a blowout in favor of the green.  No idea which will be tonight's game, probably the nail biter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

who is worse?   pat micheletti or mark parrish

I would include Jim Rich in that mix as well.  The way he immediately jumped to the conclusion UND didn’t want to shake hands really shows his complete bias. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...