Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxSoccer123

Soccer coach Logan attacked on social media

Recommended Posts

I guess the UND Code of Conduct would clarify what is deemed a "threat" in regards to UND students and UND employees.  Sure, a UND student athlete calling out another head coach of another program certainly doesn't look good and probably shouldn't be done, but clarification needs to be made if what Weatherby did (if tru) falls under the definition of a threat and if disciplinary action needs to be taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ranger said:

Also trying to wrap my head around why a young man from Canada would debate First Amendment protections and the tax foundation of the University.  

I've never heard of a hockey player using such big words :lol:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I was saying I don't see any real evidence linking him to the account.  I'm guessing the fake johnny65256186 profile created by one of the soccer coaches or their spouse, along with SiouxSoccer123, didn't notice the difference in emails before launching the accusation

If he did do it, Berry should have a talk with him about more productive avenues for airing concerns, followed by a bag skate and an apology to Coach Logan.  Not worth much more than that, IMO.

This is my guess as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ranger said:

... a gmail email account beginning with 'j' (also easily obtained).  

jo*******@g****.*** is not the same as ja********@g****.***. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ranger said:

The "evidence" attributing "UND Sports Talk" to JW is a selector ending in '71' (which can easily be acquired by google phone) and a gmail email account beginning with 'j' (also easily obtained).  The above screen shots do not suggest any effort to "fire and destroy" anything.  Not exactly a preponderance of evidence to accuse on social media.  All from an account created on siouxsports ~11 hours ago.  What's the motivation there?  Also trying to wrap my head around why a young man from Canada would debate First Amendment protections and the tax foundation of the University.  

Doesn't everyone find it odd they honed in on JW --- how did they pick him, know his account, know his number may end in those digits, etc??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Doesn't everyone find it odd they honed in on JW --- how did they pick him, know his account, know his number may end in those digits, etc??  

Based on the rants of SiouxSoccer123 so far, I don't expect to find much rationality behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Based on the rants of SiouxSoccer123 so far, I don't expect to find much rationality behind it.

So they threw a dart and picked him...of all people on campus and all the alumni, they drew a lottery ball and his number won?  :whistling:

it may be nothing but its definitely odd his name came up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

jo*******@g****.*** is not the same as ja********@g****.***. 

yea, that's obvious. Didn't think I needed to address that...  but thanks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Doesn't everyone find it odd they honed in on JW --- how did they pick him, know his account, know his number may end in those digits, etc??  

Not necessarily. Here's why. This is obviously complete speculation. We don't know how many people they looked at before they landed on Weatherby. They could have went through the entire Basketball, Football, Volleyball and Hockey teams looking for someone's phone that ended in 71 speculating it was a UND athlete. They finally found someone who's ended in 71 (JW) and then clearly jumped to conclusions completely missing that (see previous post @The Sicatoka -- jo*******@g****.*** is not the same as ja********@g****.***. ). It makes sense. The email mistake imo would only be something you'd make if you had been at it (looking for the 71 connection) for awhile.

I mean jo*******@g****.*** is not the same as ja********@g****.***.   It's clearly not Weatherby. Why would the originator delete it? They knew someone is looking. 

 

Edit: I guess it would be any athlete who's name with a Jo, but possibly they just started with J. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so convinced that @SiouxSoccer123 missed the email oversight that we will not hear from him / her again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

So they threw a dart and picked him...of all people on campus and all the alumni, they drew a lottery ball and his number won?  :whistling:

it may be nothing but its definitely odd his name came up.

Unless they show better evidence than what was screenshot by SiouxSoccer123, who said that was all the evidence they had, then yes, they misread an email and unfairly accused someone.  People jump to the wrong conclusion all the time.  Had they accused Jonny Tychonick or Josh Rieger or Jordan Kawaguchi, whose names actually start "jo," you would be saying/assuming the same thing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Unless they show better evidence than what was screenshot by SiouxSoccer123, who said that was all the evidence they had, then yes, they misread an email and unfairly accused someone.  People jump to the wrong conclusion all the time.  Had they accused Jonny Tychonick or Josh Rieger or Jordan Kawaguchi, whose names actually starts "jo," you would be saying/assuming the same thing.

That could be.  Hopefully it dies a quick death and we move on then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don Lemon would get to the bottom of this...…..

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

38 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Unless they show better evidence than what was screenshot by SiouxSoccer123, who said that was all the evidence they had, then yes, they misread an email and unfairly accused someone.  People jump to the wrong conclusion all the time.  Had they accused Jonny Tychonick or Josh Rieger or Jordan Kawaguchi, whose names actually start "jo," you would be saying/assuming the same thing.

Hmmm...  perhaps a former player, maybe even a female.  I just can't think of anyone with a name begging with "jo".  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Well. That is enough to impeach with these days.

This coincides with Wilkie cutting off the mullet he’d been growing the first half of the season. Awfully suspicious behavior IMO. I think this is impeachable evidence. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Well. That is enough to impeach with these days.

yet bet... Hoeven and Cramer would certainly call for witnesses and subpoenas of Twitter and Gmail records to get to the bottom of this.  Errrr, wha, wait... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the most disgusting thing I’ve read in awhile.  Trying to dox a kid without evidence to what end?  
 

the “guilty” party did not commit a crime either...can’t bad mouth a coach anymore or wish someone would be fired?  
 

the entire Sioux Hockey community is guilty of that....fire Hak, Fire Berry, etc.

what a sad display of the perils of modern social media

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

This is the most disgusting thing I’ve read in awhile.  Trying to dox a kid without evidence to what end?  
 

the “guilty” party did not commit a crime either...can’t bad mouth a coach anymore or wish someone would be fired?  
 

the entire Sioux Hockey community is guilty of that....fire Hak, Fire Berry, etc.

what a sad display of the perils of modern social media

Easy brah. If a current student-athlete was a part of it and/or ran the account that sure as hell is a something to talk about.  If it's a fan it's not, IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did Sioux soccer stumble across this revelation and what skin in the soccer game does he or she have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weatherby is dating the soccer girl that was moaning on that twitter account dude was probably just standing up for his girl and decided to bitch on a fake account. Chaves should tell them both to stop emarassing themselves and the department everyone knew who it was as soon as we all saw it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hockeyjockey said:

Weatherby is dating the soccer girl that was moaning on that twitter account dude was probably just standing up for his girl and decided to bitch on a fake account. Chaves should tell them both to stop emarassing themselves and the department everyone knew who it was as soon as we all saw it

The plot thickens....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...