Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxSoccer123

Soccer coach Logan attacked on social media

Recommended Posts

Early January someone started a fake twitter account titled @talkundsports. The account was created discuss UND sports but ended up being an attack on head soccer coach Chris Logan and demand that he get fired for treating players unfairly etc... The person responsible who created the account: hockey player Jasper Weatherby. Weatherby took down the account after being called out tonight. Campus police apparently involved now. Very interested to see how Berry and Chaves handle this. Jasper literally tired to get Logan fired and destroy his career.  

 

IMG_0076.thumb.PNG.a278281520b4c6254b187d1541373f03.PNGIMG_0077.thumb.jpg.9a5ac8951ae342fca208d8949c37db2c.jpgIMG_0078.jpg.9c6b8d802bc5d6d885221212ac681393.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Weatherby have a girlfriend on the soccer team??

Possible. Why he would do such a dumb thing? Logan made lots of changes over the years so maybe there is a grudge there somewhere.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t the women’s soccer team and the hockey team share meals together and both use the Ralph in the fall season?

Logan has brought UND soccer out of losing obscurity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Don’t the women’s soccer team and the hockey team share meals together and both use the Ralph in the fall season?

Not sure on meals but yes to using facilities at the Ralph. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if TM or Schloss will see if this tidbit has any legs to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the connection to JW is both phone numbers tied to the separate accounts end in 71? Or am I missing something else? The email addresses appear to be different. Seems like a stretch for an accusation, though I'd guess someone had a reason to look towards him? 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So the connection to JW is both phone numbers tied to the separate accounts end in 71? Or am I missing something else? The email addresses appear to be different. Seems like a stretch for an accusation, though I'd guess someone had a reason to look towards him? 

Exactly my thought. I mean pretty similar but still they aren’t the same so I’m confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So the connection to JW is both phone numbers tied to the separate accounts end in 71? Or am I missing something else? The email addresses appear to be different. Seems like a stretch for an accusation, though I'd guess someone had a reason to look towards him? 

I agree. I think he was framed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I agree. I think he was framed

Who stands to benefit from framing a UND hockey player?  Colorado College.  

Who knows UND well enough to do the framing?

I suspect Chris Wilkie.   *

 

 

*  with no evidence whatsoever.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the only thing linking him is the screen shots. However as soon as that was posted and Jasper was questioned about being the owner the talkundsports account was taken down. Still don't know if he is dating someone on the team. As nodak said: let's let play out and see what happens today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Who stands to benefit from framing a UND hockey player?  Colorado College.  

Who knows UND well enough to do the framing?

I suspect Chris Wilkie.   *

 

 

*  with no evidence whatsoever.

No idea. It could be anybody. Was it you? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SiouxSoccer123 said:

Early January someone started a fake twitter account titled @talkundsports. The account was created discuss UND sports but ended up being an attack on head soccer coach Chris Logan and demand that he get fired for treating players unfairly etc... The person responsible who created the account: hockey player Jasper Weatherby. Weatherby took down the account after being called out tonight. Campus police apparently involved now. Very interested to see how Berry and Chaves handle this. Jasper literally tired to get Logan fired and destroy his career.  

 

IMG_0076.thumb.PNG.a278281520b4c6254b187d1541373f03.PNGIMG_0077.thumb.jpg.9a5ac8951ae342fca208d8949c37db2c.jpgIMG_0078.jpg.9c6b8d802bc5d6d885221212ac681393.jpg

Attacked? This goes on around here all the time. #hesinthepubliceye

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SiouxSoccer123 said:

Yes, the only thing linking him is the screen shots. However as soon as that was posted and Jasper was questioned about being the owner the talkundsports account was taken down. Still don't know if he is dating someone on the team. As nodak said: let's let play out and see what happens today.

I would assume whoever was behind it, regardless of their identity, deleted it because someone was digging into who they were. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't? But if the phone number is the only evidence linking it, I'm a bit skeptical. For reference, I have 5 or 6 numbers in my contact list ending with "71" (note, I scrutinized each one to make sure they weren't the culprit).

It wasn't like members of the athletic department weren't notified of the situation, considering they were all tagged by whoever created the account and made the original posts. We'll see what comes of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't see any reason to throw Weatherby under the bus here.  And why would campus PD be involved in a twitter dispute?  Are they really that bored with giving out MIPs?

As for the allegations against Logan, pulling of scholarships happens.  Welcome to D1 athletics.  Regarding the "lies," "bad coaching," and "overall unhappiness,"  those accusations are often thrown around by players who didn't perform and had their scholarship reduced/pulled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Yeah I don't see any reason to throw Weatherby under the bus here.  And why would campus PD be involved in a twitter dispute?  Are they really that bored with giving out MIPs?

As for the allegations against Logan, pulling of scholarships happens.  Welcome to D1 athletics.  Regarding the "lies," "bad coaching," and "overall unhappiness,"  those accusations are often thrown around by players who didn't perform and had their scholarship reduced/pulled. 

You don't see an issue if it indeed was him that did it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Yeah I don't see any reason to throw Weatherby under the bus here. 

What's happened here toward Weatherby (if not true) is as bad or worse as anything that happened in that Twitter thread. 

nodak651 is correct when they said let all this play out. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You don't see an issue if it indeed was him that did it?  

I was saying I don't see any real evidence linking him to the account.  I'm guessing the fake johnny65256186 profile created by one of the soccer coaches or their spouse, along with SiouxSoccer123, didn't notice the difference in emails before launching the accusation. 

If he did do it, Berry should have a talk with him about more productive avenues for airing concerns, followed by a bag skate and an apology to Coach Logan.  Not worth much more than that, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "evidence" attributing "UND Sports Talk" to JW is a selector ending in '71' (which can easily be acquired by google phone) and a gmail email account beginning with 'j' (also easily obtained).  The above screen shots do not suggest any effort to "fire and destroy" anything.  Not exactly a preponderance of evidence to accuse on social media.  All from an account created on siouxsports ~11 hours ago.  What's the motivation there?  Also trying to wrap my head around why a young man from Canada would debate First Amendment protections and the tax foundation of the University.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...