Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stoneySIOUX

UND @ UMD -- Saturday Gameday

Recommended Posts

Alright, again, let's turn the page. Get the split and all is well, IMO. 

Very, very interested to see who starts in net.

5-3 UND

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the break UND is 53rd out of 60 in GAA.  Unless they tighten up defensively and get some goaltending not much will change. 

5-3 Dawgs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ll turn the corner eventually, have a hard time believing it’ll be tonight. 5-2 Duluth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wear black, battle through adversity, score more goals then them.

4-3 Sioux. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There would have to be some major changes happening overnight for this team to turn it around. 

6-2 UMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brianvf said:

There would have to be some major changes happening overnight for this team to turn it around. 

6-2 UMD

Didn't see the game Brian.  Was d zone the killer or easy access through the neutral zone?

(Not the goalie right?  Its never us...:lol:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch, most everyone calling for a Dogs sweep. Not good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Didn't see the game Brian.  Was d zone the killer or easy access through the neutral zone?

(Not the goalie right?  Its never us...:lol:)

Too many breakaways, too many d zone meltdowns, and a couple that Scheel would want back. IMO with green goggles on, that first UMD goal was iffy to count after it was waived off on the ice and then all momentum was lost after the SHG. 
It’s a bit baffling that the d corps and Scheel are playing so poorly. Our defensive group is stacked. Hopefully they can right the ship, and quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duluth broke down our structure with fast physical play. They didn’t allow us to make the kind of plays we like to make when we have a little time and space.  I’ve been in those games where the pace is so fast that you can’t think, you just have to react and not make a dumb play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Duluth broke down our structure with fast physical play. They didn’t allow us to make the kind of plays we like to make when we have a little time and space.  I’ve been in those games where the pace is so fast that you can’t think, you just have to react and not make a dumb play.

That's literally Herter in a nutshell with their d play when they don't have the puck.  

Sandy gets all deserved credit, but Herter is a gem.  He should get a chance at a head coaching gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 gets the call again? Or Thome Time?

After Scheel's last 2 starts I have a hard time imagining Berry sends him back out tonight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Too many breakaways, too many d zone meltdowns, and a couple that Scheel would want back. IMO with green goggles on, that first UMD goal was iffy to count after it was waived off on the ice and then all momentum was lost after the SHG. 
It’s a bit baffling that the d corps and Scheel are playing so poorly. Our defensive group is stacked. Hopefully they can right the ship, and quickly. 

Thome or Scheel tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough to see back in time but the way UND was playing prior to the SHG I'd say if Scheel makes that save UND wins by a couple.  To say the wheels fell off the bus after the shorty is an understatement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a great way to win college hockey games...5x5 don’t worry about making great plays, just north and south at high speed, hitting, pushing pucks forward.  Then have a 25% pp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over/under on goals needed for UND to win tonight......4.5

Based on statistics and trends I'll say first team to 5 wins.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnny will play tonight.  After watching last night my guess is Bast sits. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Tough to see back in time but the way UND was playing prior to the SHG I'd say if Scheel makes that save UND wins by a couple.  To say the wheels fell off the bus after the shorty is an understatement.

100% agree with this. We absolutely dominated that first 10 minutes of the second. It was a big time let down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

31 gets the call again? Or Thome Time?

After Scheel's last 2 starts I have a hard time imagining Berry sends him back out tonight.

 

Ugh. I just don't see it with Thome. He's just not very good positionally nor moving side to side. Against the pace of UMD, this not a good thing. I want Scheel back in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Thome gets the start and if the Sioux keeps it simple=north/south game, I like our chances to keep it close..lol.  The boys just got outworked and maybe outcoached last night, but a couple saves/plays, last night the Sioux could've had a different outcome I believe...it will be fun/interesting to see how the Sioux respond tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JaDubbs said:

I think Thome gets the start and if the Sioux keeps it simple=north/south game, I like our chances to keep it close..lol.  The boys just got outworked and maybe outcoached last night, but a couple saves/plays, last night the Sioux could've had a different outcome I believe...it will be fun/interesting to see how the Sioux respond tonight.

First 40 was fine. We won the first half of both the first and second, IMO. Wheels fell off in the third as we got desperate and out of position. I believe in the team and the skill we have. I believe we'll see a good bounce back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

First 40 was fine. We won the first half of both the first and second, IMO. Wheels fell off in the third as we got desperate and out of position. I believe in the team and the skill we have. I believe we'll see a good bounce back. 

I agree, it was looking really good til that shorty and the momentum changed and we didn't have an answer and the goal at the end of the second was a back breaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Twitter Schlossman is predicting 31 starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...