Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stoneySIOUX

UND @ Duluth -- Friday Gameday

Recommended Posts

Since coming back from the break UND has a team save % of .819

Scheel is at .812

Thome in limited action is at .880

I don't care what level of hockey you play at those numbers rarely produce a good result.

The defense in front of these guys is an issue that contributes to these numbers but as mentioned previously in this thread Shepard made multiple big stops on Grade A chances last night. He wasn't great but really good when he needed to be.  IMO he was the difference last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Since coming back from the break UND has a team save % of .819

Scheel is at .812

Thome in limited action is at .880

I don't care what level of hockey you play at those numbers rarely produce a good result.

The defense in front of these guys is an issue that contributes to these numbers but as mentioned previously in this thread Shepard made multiple big stops on Grade A chances last night. He wasn't great but really good when he needed to be.  IMO he was the difference last night.

I’m starting to put a twist on the current situation. We’re at a point where goaltending can’t be worse, this is rock bottom. Defense hasn’t helped, but I mean look at those numbers. We also know that Scheel especially is a fantastic goalie and Thome is a very solid #2. I truly believe this will benefit this team in the long run. A loss is a loss. You could make an argument better to be embarrassed. This will get everyone’s attention on the team. 
As weird as it sounds, when picking an aspect to completely melt down, I would think that a great goalie slumping in the middle of the year might be the best option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It a safe bet that sobriety is imposed by a judge.

Guaranteed he has to blow into a sensor to start the car or the computer.... not to mention the speed dial to kfan.

Giving him this kind of attention is exactly what he wants. Keep this in mind: his sociopathic obsession with Brad will be used against him in divorce court, and against his children when they are trying out for travel teams.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Old Fella said:

Me thinks it is Sheel vs Shepard.

Fixing my Post

Me thinks it was Sheel (poor defence) vs Shepard.

Trusting the tonight the results will be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we inching closer to an always-important "players only meeting"?  Those usually work.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beat on Scheel all you want, but what was missing from last night's game was offensive puck possession.  You lose that battle against a team like Duluth and you are going to spend too much time chasing, then you hand the opponent too many quality opportunities.  Our zone entry and puck possession in the second and third periods was a couple of notches below lackluster.  Get down a couple of goals and pinch too much, bang...breakaway.  Perfect recipe for a "L".  Those breakaway goals are not on Scheel, including the shortie (bad PP puck management).  To come out on top against a team like this UND HAS TO figure out zone entry.  The dogs made an adjustment on the blue line at the start of the second, and it killed our possession time.  We did not adjust, and we could not overcome the momentum flip of that shorhander.  Certainly Scheel let in a couple he'd like to have back, and I'm sure he had a nightmare about the one that went in his glove and bounced out, but this loss is not entirely on him.  It was a team loss.  Coaching, execution, and mentally...UND was outworked.  Reload, bring in Tychonic...and be relentless on the puck.  No space, no time, and win the races.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the break we had a veteran and salty defense, one of the best goalies in the country with a capable back-up, and the best goalie coach in the country.  Now we have a save percentage around .820.  What happened to cause us to go off the rails so fast - especially after a break that could be used to heal any nagging injuries.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Irish said:

Before the break we had a veteran and salty defense, one of the best goalies in the country with a capable back-up, and the best goalie coach in the country.  Now we have a save percentage around .820.  What happened to cause us to go off the rails so fast - especially after a break that could be used to heal any nagging injuries.  

That is a great question. Also our PK has been pretty so so as well. I just can’t figure out what happened to our defense and goaltending. It’s been just atrocious. Who is responsible for both those areas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Giving him this kind of attention is exactly what he wants. Keep this in mind: his sociopathic obsession with Brad will be used against him in divorce court, and against his children when they are trying out for travel teams.

Doesn’t the restraining order keep DHG at least 100 yards away from Schlossman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'm back from vacation.  Unfortunately I've got no eligibility left and Bubbs won't return any of my phone calls so I'm not an option to fix our goalie thing.

I thought game one would be tighter.  Wrong again Wilbur.....:lol:

I'd like to know how many misconduct or major penalties Wolf has in his career against us?  Its seriously every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tnt said:

Our first road loss since the second week of the year and we are doomed!  I always thought the formula was to sweep at home and split on the road, but I guess the new formula is win every game or else!

Of course the Sioux aren’t going to win every night but when they don’t play how we all know they can, thats when it gets annoying. And WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED TO SCHEEL??? He went from an above average goalie to a meh goalie. When you’re afraid that when a puck is shot at him and it might go in that’s not good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Sioux rank 53 out of 60 teams for goals allowed since 1-1-20. Ouch 

What's worrysome is that Sheel shows no signs yet of playing out of his slump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Doesn’t the restraining order keep DHG at least 100 yards away from Schlossman?

It takes a real scumbag to mock people for what their profession pays. As if Schloss won't get a fat payday for his eventual book deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Irish said:

What's worrysome is that Sheel shows no signs yet of playing out of his slump.

I'll push back on that a little bit. He made a couple really big saves last night. But frankly, we can't expect him to stop ALL what I think was 5 breakaways last night. He'll definitely want back a couple of goals last night, but, the dude has it in him. All mental, at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It takes a real scumbag to mock people for what their profession pays. As if Schloss won't get a fat payday for his eventual book deal.

Brad could have left GF several times for much more lucrative ventures. He just loves what he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Schloss' rewind:

Quote

UND hasn't been very good in CBS Sports Network games lately. Since the 2017 NCHC title game, UND is 1-9-2 on CBS. It's a complete turnaround from when the league started and UND won its first five games on the network and went 10-2 in its first 12.

Geez.  Love watching them call the game but that's crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'll push back on that a little bit. He made a couple really big saves last night. But frankly, we can't expect him to stop ALL what I think was 5 breakaways last night. He'll definitely want back a couple of goals last night, but, the dude has it in him. All mental, at this point.

Word on the street is he's having girlfriend problems which I have always hated that excuse.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Word on the street is he's having girlfriend problems which I have always hated that excuse.

Oh great...

did she stop underlining the (censored) scenes in his road trip book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Word on the street is he's having girlfriend problems which I have always hated that excuse.

Wasn't that the issue last year with a bunch of those wienies on the team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Word on the street is he's having girlfriend problems which I have always hated that excuse.

Annie, who’s Annie?  Get the broad out of your head, C’mon Crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...