Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stoneySIOUX

UND @ Miami -- Friday Gameday

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sullivan just has to be in the spotlight.  The Mismash play should have been looked at for 20 seconds yet he took his sweet time looking for a penalty.  They may have taken a longer look at that one then the no goal call.

The tripping call on Jasper that lead to the tying goal was ticky tack.  Any time from the third period on that a Miami player fell an arm went up or it was reviewed.

Maybe Sullivan was worried that the two dozen Miami fans in attendance would be waiting for him after the game if he didn't call it their way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Nobody knows they won the shootout......:lol:

That's because the NCHC needs to change the shootout rules and go to at least three shooters apiece. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this was mentioned earlier, but my God, can we please do away with the shootout?  Thome made the save on the second Miami shooter and didn't even know that the shootout was over...  Maybe we could have a stickhandling competition or a fastest skater to determine the extra point.

At least hockey doesn't decide their championships using shootouts like effing' World Cup Soccer.  Thank God!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TNF said:

Went to a “sudden death” shootout when they added 3v3 so no more minimum. 

They should do it NFL style. 

coin flip at center ice. 

"Would you like to shoot first?"

" no sh.t sherlock. "

First goal wins. 

:silly:

One of the biggest sports leagues in the world has one of the worst ways to decide winners of tied games....and those stupid rules are intact even for the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I know this was mentioned earlier, but my God, can we please do away with the shootout?  Thome made the save on the second Miami shooter and didn't even know that the shootout was over...  Maybe we could have a stickhandling competition or a fastest skater to determine the extra point.

Why do so many people get their panties in a bunch for one measly league point (that has no bearing on pairwise) decided by a shootout. After there was still no winner after 2 other overtimes.

The world is vastly greater now with 3x3 and shootouts for an extra league point then back in 1999 when the game ended in a tie and only two points were rewarded. Thank God those days are over and a brighter future has emerged. 

Is it like the Jersey pops where you've been conditioned not to like shootouts because of soccer?

College football OT rules are also essentially a "shootout."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Scheel must have a nagging injury.

I really hope Berry wouldn't be starting him if that's the case.
He'll get back to where he was in the first half...that said, I still think Thome should get the start tomorrow.  If he doesn't give up 1-2 goals in the first 5 shots of the game, we'll consider it a success.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I really hope Berry wouldn't be starting him if that's the case.
He'll get back to where he was in the first half...that said, I still think Thome should get the start tomorrow.  If he doesn't give up 1-2 goals in the first 5 shots of the game, we'll consider it a success.

Standards really fell off the continental shelf there after the last few Friday nights.  Agreed that it's time to give Thome some ice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Puck did hit his stick.  Schloss said Adams told him as much.  Replay I watched the puck does graze the shaft of his stick before it hits his shoulder. 

Cancelling my stern letter to the NCHC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Channeling my inner Dean Blais:

Rotate goalies Friday & Saturday until one gets the hot hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cratter said:

Channeling my inner Dean Blais:

Rotate goalies Friday & Saturday until one gets the hot hand. 

Per Schloss Scheel with a .810 save % since coming back from the break. That's encroaching Dubnyk territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so facts are facts he’s struggling for some reason. Time to play the others until he comes around and or heals.(if he is injured some how)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll come around.   We've seen what he has, and he has Karl there with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Rinks are having to put signage up because of people like you.

canucks.jpg?w=451&h=282&crop=1&zoom=2

People like me?  You don’t know me.  Seems kinda like a personal attack...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

People like me? 

Absolutely.

People like you that go out of their way to find out where a hockey referee works because they disagreed with an on ice call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Absolutely.

People like you that go out of their way to find out where a hockey referee works because they disagreed with an on ice call.

Would you say this to his face? Goodness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Absolutely.

People like you that go out of their way to find out where a hockey referee works because they disagreed with an on ice call.

Again with the “people like you” 

You have no idea. 
 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who sits for Pinto tonight?

I thought 8 had one of his better games. 28 was really good in limited shifts as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cratter said:

Why do so many people get their panties in a bunch for one measly league point (that has no bearing on pairwise) decided by a shootout. After there was still no winner after 2 other overtimes.

The world is vastly greater now with 3x3 and shootouts for an extra league point then back in 1999 when the game ended in a tie and only two points were rewarded. Thank God those days are over and a brighter future has emerged. 

Is it like the Jersey pops where you've been conditioned not to like shootouts because of soccer?

College football OT rules are also essentially a "shootout."

Yes, but college football doesn’t do a 2 on 2 or 5 on 5 in their OT.  I just don’t like shootouts in general but it’s the quickest way to award the extra point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m fine with shootouts when the games don’t matter.  I do have a beef with a “sudden death” format.  Should be at least 3 shooters each.  
 

now when games matter aka medal games in the world juniors, shootouts should be banned!  Play until it’s over. Play 5x5

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...