Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stoneySIOUX

UND @ Miami -- Friday Gameday

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The refs got the no goal call right. Puck hits adams stick, hits adams on the shoulder, deflects off the Miami player (not possession and control which is needed), and enter the goal. No goal is the correct call.

That sounds correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super slow mo and Adams confirm that it was the right call.  Live, and in standard replay,  sure looked like it was off his shoulder!  Need a better start tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Opposing team has to possess the puck after a high stick to negate high stick. 

I remember a game during the final five days where und player hit the puck with a high stick. Goalie saved it but the rebound hit the defenseman and went in. I think against Duluth but i may be remembering it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The refs got the no goal call right. Puck hits adams stick, hits adams on the shoulder, deflects off the Miami player (not possession and control which is needed), and enter the goal. No goal is the correct call.

Only question is whether Adam's stick was high.  He is a short guy and it hits his stick at the point between his elbow and shoulder.  

Had to stick with call on the ice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The refs got the no goal call right. Puck hits adams stick, hits adams on the shoulder, deflects off the Miami player (not possession and control which is needed), and enter the goal. No goal is the correct call.

Is that sarcasm?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Only question is whether Adam's stick was high.  He is a short guy and it hits his stick at the point between his elbow and shoulder.  

Had to stick with call on the ice. 

I did not see it ever hit his stick...did it at some point?  The replay looked like he tried, but it hit his shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crossbar, right?  I don't think is was above the crossbar.  Maybe I am wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they can get 3 tomorrow, 5 of 6 on the road is nothing to complain about in the NCHC.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bcblues said:

Crossbar, right?  I don't think is was above the crossbar.  Maybe I am wrong.

crossbar defines a high stick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Only question is whether Adam's stick was high.  He is a short guy and it hits his stick at the point between his elbow and shoulder.  

Had to stick with call on the ice. 

Whether the stick was high or not is a legitimate argument, but you're right. Too close to tell, have to stick with on ice decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve watched that disallowed goal over and over on dvr and not only does it hit Adams in the shoulder, the puck changes direction off the Miami dmans stick. Inexcusable to waive it off. Even though it means nothing, an apology should be issued. At least admit the call was trash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SiouxBoys said:

Whether the stick was high or not is a legitimate argument, but you're right. Too close to tell, have to stick with on ice decision.

did it hit the butt of his stick or somewhere weird?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, he was hunched over, skating at an angle, I just don't see how that initial stick contact was above the crossbar.  But I could be wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yzerman19 said:

did it hit the butt of his stick or somewhere weird?

The shaft. His stick was in the air. Very close to the crossbar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can't take a lazy stick penalty in the O zone in the final minutes to lead to a tying PP goal then turn around and get a goalie interference penalty in OT. 

But you can take a 5 minute major to get revenge on a player?  You seem to have a double standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not watching the game and trying to decipher through these comments is absolutely exhausting. What did Starman have to say?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tnt said:

But you can take a 5 minute major to get revenge on a player?  You seem to have a double standard.

Hardly......but you're a everything in a single pot type of guy. Makes it simple and easy for you to process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I remember a game during the final five days where und player hit the puck with a high stick. Goalie saved it but the rebound hit the defenseman and went in. I think against Duluth but i may be remembering it wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sioux90 said:

Not watching the game and trying to decipher through these comments is absolutely exhausting. What did Starman have to say?  

Good goal

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puck did hit his stick.  Schloss said Adams told him as much.  Replay I watched the puck does graze the shaft of his stick before it hits his shoulder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...