Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stoneySIOUX

Alabama-Huntsville @ UND -- Friday Gameday

Recommended Posts

How good has Adams been?  Great game against the U18 and now 3 assists tonight.
Guch and Mash with 2g each too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brianvf said:

How good has Adams been?  Great game against the U18 and now 3 assists tonight.
Guch and Mash with 2g each too.

Adams is the first star tonight.  All over the place.  Could of had 5 or 6 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the end the score line looked respectable, but OMG during the first I though the boys were really and truly hung over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the poorest performances of the season but at least it still comes with a win. Thought UND was just a little slow and off with everything. Way too many soft plays and perimeter play tonight instead of going to the hard areas. I'd bet on a much better effort and performance from the guys tomorrow night.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

I'd bet on a much better effort and performance from the guys tomorrow night.

Agreed.
I also bet we see Pinto in the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Adams is the first star tonight.  All over the place.  Could of had 5 or 6 points. 

He gave the puck away a lot tonight and seemed a little slow in decision making too. Terrible play by him led directly to Huntsville's 2nd goal. Can't pull up just inside the blue line and get the puck taken away while both D are changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

He gave the puck away a lot tonight and seemed a little slow in decision making too. Terrible play by him led directly to Huntsville's 2nd goal. Can't pull up just inside the blue line and get the puck taken away while both D are changing.

While I'm yelling, get it deep....:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

One of the poorest performances of the season but at least it still comes with a win. Thought UND was just a little slow and off with everything. Way too many soft plays and perimeter play tonight instead of going to the hard areas. I'd bet on a much better effort and performance from the guys tomorrow night.

It was hard to watch for much of the game. Lucky it was the 60th rated pairwise team. We lose if it’s a NCHC opponent but it wasn’t and we move on to tomorrows game and yes I expect a much better effort 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bubbs post game:

-Fortunate to win when we have a bad start like that.

-Too fine away from the net.  Doesn't have to be pretty.  

-Adams made a great neutral zone play to turn it the other way.  That line playing well.  

-We didn't play prevent in the 3rd, Bama was playing well.

-Team knows they've got to play better tomorrow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Knew I shoulda been on the first line tonight, eh @Oxbow6 ?

Well when I saw you 4 rows in front of me it even took the extra skater option out of the equation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better crowd than I anticipated.

Poorer play by UND than I anticipated.

MM in better shape than I anticipated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Better crowd than I anticipated.

Poorer play by UND than I anticipated.

MM in better shape than I anticipated.

Dropped over 20 pounds since June...I wonder why?

Thanks to @NorthDakotaHockey for the TV screenshots.  Is it true that the camera adds about 30% more shininess to bald heads?   

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Mismash score, JK continue his run and stay hot as well as Adams continue his play. 

Hopefully, Hain scores tomorrow. Would love to see him start getting a few goals and get that trend going. 

Anyone in attendance, how’d you asses Bast’s play against a college hockey team again? 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mismash.

It's always been clear he has a lot of skill, but it took a while for that to start paying off, as it did with Kawaguchi.    But he's really coming on this year.   Seeing that slow bloom and the manner in which he takes penalties, it makes me wonder if he is just maybe doesn't have a lot of on-ice intelligence.   Pure speculation on my part and probably not very responsible speculation at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burd said:

Mismash.

It's always been clear he has a lot of skill, but it took a while for that to start paying off, as it did with Kawaguchi.    But he's really coming on this year.   Seeing that slow bloom and the manner in which he takes penalties, it makes me wonder if he is just maybe doesn't have a lot of on-ice intelligence.   Pure speculation on my part and probably not very responsible speculation at that. 

There are times when the reff is right behind you during a scuffle in the corner with the puck going the other way that its probably not worth it to give the guy an extra shot while skating away. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burd said:

Mismash.

It's always been clear he has a lot of skill, but it took a while for that to start paying off, as it did with Kawaguchi.    But he's really coming on this year.   Seeing that slow bloom and the manner in which he takes penalties, it makes me wonder if he is just maybe doesn't have a lot of on-ice intelligence.   Pure speculation on my part and probably not very responsible speculation at that. 

Stay in your lane bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DAR said:

Worst team in college hockey...not saying much

Coming off a long break...after probably eating a bit too much Christmas ham...against 2020’s Canisius College, who is playing their season Stanley Cup best-of-two game series...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

Stay in your lane bro

Fair comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking the bad penalties seemed to call out a lack of respect for the competition.  I was hoping we were past that after Canisius last year, but hopefully it is one more reminder for the guys lest we end up the number one overall seed and play a team that nobody thinks can win.  St. Cloud knows that feeling times two, and I’m sure those games are harder to get over than if you lost to a top ten team.  The What ifs certainly must be prevalent in those players and fan base.  Oh, and can we quit calling players busts if they are slow starting out their careers.  How many people wanted to start over fresh with all new players this year, getting rid of guys that are playing nice roles now.  How good have guys like Adams and Bowen been this year, as well as Wilkie from Colorado College.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...