SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stoneySIOUX

UND @ The Zoo -- Friday Gameday

No matter how they win, they won. Now only 5 win short of their total of last year. Fun season. 20 pts so far in conference play.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think UND played so bad or weren’t that sharp. Western is a tough team and it seemed really hard to break their walls in front of the net. I think they blocked about 20 shots too so they were really good defensively, until the turnover in OT. ;) 

13 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

WMU folks sure were quick to end the stream. :lol:

You noticed that too, did you!

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Great job by Hain keeping the puck in the zone...then he finishes it off with the OT winner!!

Tough game to watch with Western mucking things up all over the ice...not a lot of flow, especially in the 2nd period when UND was on the PK for about 1,000 minutes...Also, how do you like Adam Scheel now?:D

Scheel just composed and in the zone all game.  He'd probably tell you he was okay at Mariucci, not great, and sometimes as a goalie your team scores enough to where you don't have to be great.  He was the difference in a big road win.  

I'll say it again.....when this team's season is over someone is getting one helluva hockey player in Colton Poolman.....

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Scheel just composed and in the zone all game.  He'd probably tell you he was okay at Mariucci, not great, and sometimes as a goalie your team scores enough to where you don't have to be great.  He was the difference in a big road win.  

I'll say it again.....when this team's season is over someone is getting one helluva hockey player in Colton Poolman.....

I thought Scheel looked questionable the last couple series, and that he was lucky his team was so strong in front of him.  Last night, I thought he looked really sharp. 

The team did a great job of trying to help during those few crazy scrambles when Scheel couldn't find or get to the puck.  Pretty sure it was Hain who at one point was on his knees and used his hand to sweep the puck out of the crease.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would say thank goodness that the Sioux had great goal tending the last two games, being they were outshot.  The blame goes to the d men in those situations IMO.  

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Interesting stat! 

Was just going to post that. Surprised by that.

2 hours ago, Mrchip56 said:

I would say thank goodness that the Sioux had great goal tending the last two games, being they were outshot.  The blame goes to the d men in those situations IMO.  

So the forwards have no defensive responsibilities 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mrchip56 said:

You do realize we spent the majority of last year outshooting opponents and losing, right?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

So the forwards have no defensive responsibilities 

Speaking only for myself and my position of right wing with Red Army of the Roseville co-rec league, I can confirm that I have no defensive responsibilities.  I’m not sure that that’s typical, though.

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Speaking only for myself and my position of right wing with Red Army of the Roseville co-rec league, I can confirm that I have no defensive responsibilities.  I’m not sure that that’s typical, though.

I've always thought you'd be a strong two way player.

4 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I've always thought you'd be a strong two way player.

He is from side to side, its from end to end where the trouble arises.  :0