SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

47 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

And l saw the updated 2020 Dept Chart it has Dalton starting Luke backing him up and Otis 3 really. Otis is a better back than both of them.

Student athlete.......first word is key. Could be the reason Otis is #3. 

3 hours ago, RobThomas said:

And l saw the updated 2020 Dept Chart it has Dalton starting Luke backing him up and Otis 3 really. Otis is a better back than both of them.

Look again, Otis is #2 when I look at the Fall Camp media guide.  There is a long way to go before there is an actual game.  By the time spring season starts, Weah will not have played in a game for over 24 months.  I'm sure once things get going he will end up #1 and/or get the most carries. 

17 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

After some thinking... 

I think the team will go 4-4 in the spring.  I had them down for 5-3 with 2 non-conference wins to get to 7 and playoffs in the fall, but I think with the Spring, I think there will be one more slip up. 

One key for every team will be who is not on their Spring 2021 Roster that would have played Fall 2020. Biggest reason being decided to graduate and move on, transfers, in the rare case declaring for the NFL draft. I mentioned before, Russo appears to be the only Senior for UND who will not be playing in the Spring that would have the Fall. If that sticks, I would say that's about as good as you could get. We are all aware of NDSU losing two early for the draft, I saw USD lost two members of their secondary as they transferred to FBS schools. I have no idea how different if at all each team will look, but it will cause some teams to be weaker in the Spring than they would have been in the Fall. I think UND will be better in the Spring of 2021 than they would have been in the Fall of 2020.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AJS said:

. I think UND will be better in the Spring of 2021 than they would have been in the Fall of 2020.

I agree, and some of their competition might be the opposite. I feel like we could do good things in the upcoming season. 

9 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Ehhh I don’t think I’m a fan....

Mark me down as a huge fan of these. Full disclosure, I couldn't have hated the Grey jerseys anymore, so not seeing those was all I needed. I would prefer Green over Black slightly, but overall think they are sharp.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Mark me down as a huge fan of these. Full disclosure, I couldn't have hated the Grey jerseys anymore, so not seeing those was all I needed. I would prefer Green over Black slightly, but overall think they are sharp.

Seems ridiculous that we don’t have a green. I’m fine with having a black jersey as an alternate but give me green. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, AJS said:

Agreed on the grey - especially considering we always mixed them in with green tops/grey bottoms or grey tops/white bottoms and what not.  All grey was fine, but mixing them anywhere else was bad.

Also much prefer the all green look to black......

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I like that the number font was updated and the Fred Flintstone font was done away with.   

• Upvote 1

I love the black unis!  I am glad they will still wear green , like the block numbers better than the slanted numbers, like the hawk on both sides of the helmet!  i hope they use some combo looks as well!  Green jerseys with white pants, black jerseys with white pants, etc! 

Overall, a clean look! 

1 hour ago, Wright4UND said:

I love the black unis!  I am glad they will still wear green , like the block numbers better than the slanted numbers, like the hawk on both sides of the helmet!  i hope they use some combo looks as well!  Green jerseys with white pants, black jerseys with white pants, etc! 

Overall, a clean look! 

Green jersey with black pants is a great look.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Green jersey with black pants is a great look.

While I prefer Green/Green I also think the black pants look good with green tops.  Doesn't hurt that this combo was what I was used to during my time at UND in the late 90s / early 00s.  How long was that the main home combo?