SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

50 minutes ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

Football players must be exempt from any mask policy.  Players shopping at Walmart with no masks.  Don't get me wrong I'm against wearing a mask myself but when you don't have a season because of Covid, I would think your coaches would want you taking all precautions and not testing positive risking a spring season 

Maybe address this with the players directly instead of anonymously post this on a public message board.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Sorry I don’t agree

nothing wrong with yourin’s post in my mind

If hes at the same place as them and actually cares about this issue, how is anonymously posting this on a message board a better solution?  

4 hours ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

Football players must be exempt from any mask policy.  Players shopping at Walmart with no masks.  Don't get me wrong I'm against wearing a mask myself but when you don't have a season because of Covid, I would think your coaches would want you taking all precautions and not testing positive risking a spring season 

1.  Masks are very close to being totally worthless.   (Cloth masks, touching face and mask, not worn correctly, or dipsh_t policies like wearing a mask walking into a restaurant yet sitting down and eating) 

2.  The number of players that have already had it might surprise you.  Almost all were virtually symptom free. 

Conclusion- why would players really give a crap about catching a symptom free virus? (due to their health and age)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

1.  Masks are very close to being totally worthless.   (Cloth masks, touching face and mask, not worn correctly, or dipsh_t policies like wearing a mask walking into a restaurant yet sitting down and eating) 

2.  The number of players that have already had it might surprise you.  Almost all were virtually symptom free. 

Conclusion- why would players really give a crap about catching a symptom free virus? (due to their health and age)

1. Nope. 

2. Yep. 

23 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:
53 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I really don't care of the players are wearing masks or not.  I personally don't agree with mask policy and don't think that masks are as effective as we are told.  I guess my point was that in a small community like this, it's not hard to know who is a UND athlete and feel they are always held to a higher standard of integrity.  When your walking through a store with a mask policy, wearing your ND Football gear, your going to stand out more as you are always representing UND, Athletic Dept., Football team and coaches 

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I thought everyone had to wear a mask at Walmart...and pretty much every department store type place?

Walmart and others.. at least in GF have removed all signage about wearing masks and no longer have the mask police at the door.  

7 hours ago, ND1 said:

Walmart and others.. at least in GF have removed all signage about wearing masks and no longer have the mask police at the door.  

Becoming #1 does not happen by accident, it takes many working together and doing or not doing the little things.

7 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

Are you saying that by wearing a mask (doing these little things) will help make UND a #1 team?  Just clarifying?  

They're referring to the state's daily positive tests per capita, where we rank quite high right now.

12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

They're referring to the state's daily positive tests per capita, where we rank quite high right now.

Got it!  That is just a math equation.  You start with a lower number of positive tests (in comparison to other states) and you have a significant increase in number of tests and positive tests (partly due to the encouragement of the universities to come and get tested for free plus offering a lottery of $500 to entice them to come and get tested) your ranking will increase.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Wright4UND said:

Got it!  That is just a math equation.  You start with a lower number of positive tests (in comparison to other states) and you have a significant increase in number of tests and positive tests (partly due to the encouragement of the universities to come and get tested for free plus offering a lottery of $500 to entice them to come and get tested) your ranking will increase.  

bingo.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:10 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Don’t be dense, UND is moving their highest rated recruit from the position they recruited his as in less than a year, that was the plan all along, Robby has his finger on the pulse of the program.

This is Bubba Team and Danny calls the shots. Robbie will do what they tell him.