SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

Burian ahead of Cochran, that is one that surprised me.  Was thinking Cochran was going to be that 'betweener' WR we've needed....not tall/slower, short/fast.....but a little height with some good speed.  Hopefully it just means that Burian...is just that good. 

Nice to have the line all at 300 lbs again, hopefully they can stay pretty healthy.....for once.  

Interesting article on MVFC Athletics programs. WARNING: there’s an equestrian reference in Buuny Town. 
https://www.postguam.com/sports/nation/sports-column-todd-hefferman-the-haves-and-have-nots-of-the-mvfc/article_a518fb95-59ec-58b3-946e-e6f295608085.html

From the article:

No. 2 — North Dakota's money train

NDSU's football team made more money than any other program at any other school in the MVFC, and still lost money. The University of North Dakota men's hockey team made almost as much, $5.69 million in fiscal year 2019, and had a profit of a whopping $1,230,719.  The UND men's hockey team, the heart and soul of the athletic department there, drew $4.05 million in ticket sales and more than $244,000 in donations. Even with the head coach making $481,299, the program made a huge profit and helped the Fighting Hawks come out ahead more than $84,000 last year. Check out the Alerus Center if you make the trip with the football team this spring to Grand Forks, North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I knew Ventrelli would be a stud.  He's really athletic and just needed some weight.

On paper.....weak at RB.

On paper I agree.  But if Weah can stay healthy I think we will be ok.  We were much weaker 5-6 years ago.....when we had to start a projected WR moved to RB Santiago at RB at Wyoming and ended up having another guy named Brady that year too.   I think between Weah, Skokna, and Mitchell we will be fine.  We don't have a big back though.  Young guys need to step up and make a name for themselves!

33 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

On paper I agree.  But if Weah can stay healthy I think we will be ok.  We were much weaker 5-6 years ago.....when we had to start a projected WR moved to RB Santiago at RB at Wyoming and ended up having another guy named Brady that year too.   I think between Weah, Skokna, and Mitchell we will be fine.  We don't have a big back though.  Young guys need to step up and make a name for themselves!

Don't forget about the Smith kid from BSM. 

• Upvote 1

Hello guys did any of you see the Dept Chart. Quincy is 3rd string and l bet he is Redshirted. Reid will be the 3rd QB. Quincy will be asked to switch positions. I saw they have signed a QB in the next class who they are high on. And Christian Cochran is a number 2nd behind Tyler. Wow.. 

6 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

Hello guys did any of you see the Dept Chart. Quincy is 3rd string and l bet he is Redshirted. Reid will be the 3rd QB. Quincy will be asked to switch positions. I saw they have signed a QB in the next class who they are high on. And Christian Cochran is a number 2nd behind Tyler. Wow.. 

Nobody has to redshirt this year.  Figure it out

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RobThomas said:

It’s all good Rob, Tyler will play on sundays. Bookit!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, RobThomas said:

Quincy will not be switching positions. He is the highest rated QB UND has signed. I know they are just as high on Quincy as they are on Feeney coming in next year. 

10 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

Quincy will not be switching positions. He is the highest rated QB UND has signed. I know they are just as high on Quincy as they are on Feeney coming in next year. 

Don’t be dense, UND is moving their highest rated recruit from the position they recruited his as in less than a year, that was the plan all along, Robby has his finger on the pulse of the program.

• Upvote 1