SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

A3A271BD-AE88-4B21-AB86-C7E9BB8A4CD2.jpeg

Three home games to start it out will be nice, and helpful to whichever young QB ends up being the starter.  Hopefully we can get it started out right with a win on Missouri State and get some confidence and pull off an upset against SDSU.  It's a long ways away, but at least it's something to look at and think about to start getting excited about UND football season again. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Three home games to start it out will be nice, and helpful to whichever young QB ends up being the starter.  Hopefully we can get it started out right with a win on Missouri State and get some confidence and pull off an upset against SDSU.  It's a long ways away, but at least it's something to look at and think about to start getting excited about UND football season again. 

so.....Play SDSU and then 4 days later play South Dakota...That sounds Brutal

On 9/23/2020 at 11:57 AM, UNDBIZ said:

I love listening to games on the radio, such a good production they put on. Brings me back to the good ole days of hunting with my grandpa when I was a kid. He never listened to the radio but would let me put on the games. We never harvested much but that was ok!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I'll take it, considering it's probably a long shot they get their normal home field advantage. 

Good point, glad we are playing on the road for the 2020 season and get them at home for 2021 season.....hopefully things are a lot more normal by then and it will be packed at the Alerus!  I guess NDSU is allowing 10k fans for their game this fall. 

Watching the NDSU game yesterday, it appears kind of a mixed bad as far as their Seniors playing next Spring. Some will, some are choosing not to.

Two questions:

1. Can we expect the same from UND? Does anyone know of any Seniors that will not be playing next Spring?
  2. As it stands now, every person is Granted an extra year of eligibility. Has UND discussed yet if they are going to take advantage of that, if a player so chooses to? 

Excited for Camp to start next week. 

I watched the Bubba interview. He said he would be using Brock at QB more this season wow. I look at that as a sign Quincy probably will be a redshirt. Shooter will be the starter Brock will be 2nd Ried 3 and Quincy will switch positions. Possibly TE, LB or FB. I just feel that way. I hope this kid gets to play QB but l doubt it. l hope l am wrong and Quincy gets his opportunity.

39 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

I watched the Bubba interview. He said he would be using Brock at QB more this season wow. I look at that as a sign Quincy probably will be a redshirt. Shooter will be the starter Brock will be 2nd Ried 3 and Quincy will switch positions. Possibly TE, LB or FB. I just feel that way. I hope this kid gets to play QB but l doubt it. l hope l am wrong and Quincy gets his opportunity.

That is a lot of conjecture. I personally think we will see Quincy playing on Sundays.

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That is a lot of conjecture. I personally think we will see Quincy playing on Sundays.

No kidding. Bubba saying that Brock would be used more at QB doesn't mean he's getting into every series. Just might mean he's getting more reps.

From that, there is NO real evidence to support the conjecture that Q is going to move off QB?

54 minutes ago, shep said:

No kidding. Bubba saying that Brock would be used more at QB doesn't mean he's getting into every series. Just might mean he's getting more reps.

From that, there is NO real evidence to support the conjecture that Q is going to move off QB?

And oddly enough every video showing camp action has featured Vaughn throwing passes. We must have a lot of TE option passes in the playbook or something.

1 hour ago, RobThomas said:

Dude, just go away.  There is so much wrong in this post 

On 10/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Agree on the conjecture part about Quincy, he will be staying at QB.  Plus nobody loses a year this year anyway so I'm quite sure he will see the field.  

Although I have to say....saying Quincy will be playing on Sunday is a lot of conjecture, but now that I think about it.......you are probably just saying that in jest.   :) 

On 10/4/2020 at 2:52 PM, RobThomas said:

what interview were you listening to?  Can you provide the link?  just interested.  thanks,

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

There are three legit very young QBs plus Brock.
We're in the "four games doesn't count as a season" world.

Play them all and see how they do outside of a controlled practice. 

I think this year we are in no games count as a season world