SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

On 9/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, UNDBIZ said:

At least judging from the UND football social media, they've been practicing this fall. 

I follow UND Football on FB, but I don't have Twitter.  I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about practicing since the fall season was cancelled.  I'm glad they are practicing, wish there would be more updates or stories on them then. 

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I follow UND Football on FB, but I don't have Twitter.  I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about practicing since the fall season was cancelled.  I'm glad they are practicing, wish there would be more updates or stories on them then. 

I think Instagram is where I saw it. 

16 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Teams that aren’t playing in the fall can still practice, they just have fewer hours that they can practice compared to teams that have a game in the fall. 

16 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Wrong thread should be in FBS thread not in the UND 2020 season thread. But yeah only way to skirt Covid 19 is to not be transparent and hide the testing results!

34 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Big Ten just reversed decision about no fall football. Mn State High School League is meeting as this is typed to decide about fall football....

The hot rumor right now on the MSHSL side (as the meeting is progressing) is that they will call a special meeting on Friday to decide whether or not to restore Fall FB/VB.  

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The hot rumor right now on the MSHSL side (as the meeting is progressing) is that they will call a special meeting on Friday to decide whether or not to restore Fall FB/VB.  

Someone has already filed a lawsuit about students not being able to play....

26 minutes ago, Riverhawk said:

How many hours a week is the team restricted to for team practices?  Would that number change if they were playing any games this fall?  Are we going to regret not playing games this fall?

I may not be correct but I think they can practice 10 hours/wk, no more than 2 hours a day with no pads.

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Orgeron's comments come on the heels of Texas Tech self-reporting five more cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the team's total number of positive cases to 75 since players returned to campus in June.  (75 of roughly 100)

Isn't it clear this is the answer?  Texas Tech is almost thru the herd immunity process.  

I know for a fact the only symptom of a player in GF was loss of taste, that was his symptom.  Holy Crap, let's cancel the season until the guys can taste a grinder from the Red Pepper.  This is such a travesty.  I sure hope we were a dissenting voice in the Conference when the MVFC folded.

Seems unlikely when we voluntarily ended this years K-State game if i remember how that went down correctly.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Orgeron's comments come on the heels of Texas Tech self-reporting five more cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the team's total number of positive cases to 75 since players returned to campus in June.  (75 of roughly 100)

Isn't it clear this is the answer?  Texas Tech is almost thru the herd immunity process.  

I know for a fact the only symptom of a player in GF was loss of taste, that was his symptom.  Holy Crap, let's cancel the season until the guys can taste a grinder from the Red Pepper.  This is such a travesty.  I sure hope we were a dissenting voice in the Conference when the MVFC folded.

Not a football player but an athlete at UND. I’m not arguing for cancelling the season just pointing this out. I want football too. 

34 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Not a football player but an athlete at UND. I’m not arguing for cancelling the season just pointing this out. I want football too. 

And you'll have guys sit out because of a minor boo boo and other guys play thru sprained ankles and broken fingers.

2 hours ago, Riverhawk said:

How many hours a week is the team restricted to for team practices?  Would that number change if they were playing any games this fall?  Are we going to regret not playing games this fall?

Currently when a team is out of season...typically winter/spring, players and staff are restricted to 8 hours of interaction.  Because of CoVid I believe teams are allowed 12 hours per week, as the NCAA adjusted. Typically, fall football season is 20.  I believe Bubba said on a Fighting Hawks Daily, that they are strength and conditioning MWF, with practices with helmets (not full pads), Tuesday Thursdays.  I could be wrong as I get older, I don’t always remember exactly everything I hear....but I do believe everything I hear:D

19 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

And you'll have guys sit out because of a minor boo boo and other guys play thru sprained ankles and broken fingers.

^This ... if you have one kid that can't tie his shoes, do you make everyone else wear velcroe? Some people will have more severe symptoms, does that mean everyone else has to suffer the impact? I'm not saying people shouldn't exercise caution ... they should. I'm not saying teams, schools or leagues shouldn't have new rules in place ... they already do. But the overall numbers, don't seem to quite reflect the scary story that was preached several months ago.

I think we have seen an unknow (which was certainly unnerving) turn into a political agenda, with the public, students, athletes, fans, workers, and so many more taking the brunt of the impact.

It sucks! Life can't snap back to 100% normal overnight, but we should be working towards that. As much as I hated hockey getting cancelled last spring, it was more understandable, because we Covid was the unknown, but cancelling the football season, and bumping FCS back to spring seemed extremely hasty and premature (in my opinion).

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season