SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

1 minute ago, Hammersmith said:

There won't be 3 FBS teams to play pretty soon. The MAC just called things off a few hours ago. They won't be the last. The chances of any college football this fall just got up from next to Slim and started walking towards None.

Yup.  

see my post in the FBS thread linking a morning tweet. 

If the Big 10 is already starting to waver... it is only a matter of time. 

22 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Exactly you had your money game so a least try to schedule a couple of FCS or FBS games.  Looks like Chaves couldn't wait to cancel fall FB.

Baloney. You wouldn’t say that if you knew him or had spoken with him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Bison supposedly tried to schedule FBS games and they are not paying much but why would they payout a lot if they are not making money off attendance?

that's kinda why i said "some" money...you would think that TV revenue would go for more with not fans allowed...but a fun game against UTEP on a hot sunny saturday afternoon in el paso on tv would be fine with me anda lot of miners and hawks fans.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

that's kinda why i said "some" money...you would think that TV revenue would go for more with not fans allowed...but a fun game against UTEP on a hot sunny saturday afternoon in el paso on tv would be fine with me anda lot of miners and hawks fans.

Enough to pay for the trip and all added covid cost to practice and travel this fall?

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Yup, and the rest will fall like dominos. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29629669/power-5-talking-no-fall-football

Commissioners of the Power 5 conferences held an emergency meeting on Sunday, as there is growing concern among college athletics officials that the upcoming football season and other fall sports can't be played because of the coronavirus pandemic, sources told ESPN.

24 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kelly howe was wondering why if your season is canceled why are you still practicing...could someone at the heraldo go ask bubba if the  3 reasons why he points are true and if so is that the end game?

The only response to his tweet makes the most sense to me.  If you think you can do it safely... make up for lost practice time in the spring.

Big 10 officially canceling the season and would not be surprised if PAC-10 follows later today.

Question: Will ESPN/ABC/Fox Sports will air more G5 games to fill space? Any FCS conferences still playing that could also fill space?

Mountain West could certainly fill the late broadcast times

American Conference for noon game times

CUSA/Sun-Belt for mid afternoon to early evening games

MACtion for week night games:(

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Big 10 officially canceling the season and would not be surprised if PAC-10 follows later today.

Question: Will ESPN/ABC/Fox Sports will air more G5 games to fill space? Any FCS conferences still playing that could also fill space?

Mountain West could certainly fill the late broadcast times

American Conference for noon game times

CUSA/Sun-Belt for mid afternoon to early evening games

MACtion for week night games:(

https://watchstadium.com/sources-mountain-west-cancels-fall-football-season-08-10-2020/

Corrected that for you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kelly howe was wondering why if your season is canceled why are you still practicing...could someone at the heraldo go ask bubba if the  3 reasons why he points are true and if so is that the end game?

I don't think his reference is to UND practicing, as UND never started fall camp. Bubba wouldn't be the coach in North Dakota to be asking those pretty pointed questions to.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season