SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

On 7/29/2020 at 4:20 AM, Nodak78 said:

Receivers and RB's.   need some youngsters to step up.

With that RB transfer, and if Weah is eligible....I think we are looking pretty good at RB this year.  Will be fun to see who ends up getting the most carries.

WR is wide open for some guys to step up.  That is one fun aspect of college FB over the NFL, each year there is always a little anxiousness wondering and waiting to see how the new guys will step up.  I sure hope we have a season so we can watch in unfold! 

27 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Can’t wait to see the data on these masks and how effective they will be. Staying Covid negative will be a competitive advantage for teams this year.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

With that RB transfer, and if Weah is eligible....I think we are looking pretty good at RB this year.  Will be fun to see who ends up getting the most carries.

WR is wide open for some guys to step up.  That is one fun aspect of college FB over the NFL, each year there is always a little anxiousness wondering and waiting to see how the new guys will step up.  I sure hope we have a season so we can watch in unfold! 

Agree.  RB is much better with Otis.  I like the fact the transfer can catch out of the backfield.  Fit our offense.

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Can’t wait to see the data on these masks and how effective they will be. Staying Covid negative will be a competitive advantage for teams this year.

Masks won't do much for the team wearing them if the other team isn't wearing them. I expect masks will be mandated by the league or by NCAA

• Upvote 2

The defensive line lost one (very good) player off the team from last year. They return everybody else. They were the weak link / super young last year, but with that much returning, I wouldn't put them in the "need to worry" category. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, AJS said:

The defensive line lost one (very good) player off the team from last year. They return everybody else. They were the weak link / super young last year, but with that much returning, I wouldn't put them in the "need to worry" category. 

Still small and young up the middle.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Does anyone know the status on tailgating?  I have not received any kind of renewal for my spots.  I think there was an email earlier in the year stating an update would be sent.  It's now August, I would think something would be coming out soon?

I'd guess they are waiting for an official decision on what attendance will look like.  I'd have to guess that tailgating is off the table though.

44 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Does anyone know the status on tailgating?  I have not received any kind of renewal for my spots.  I think there was an email earlier in the year stating an update would be sent.  It's now August, I would think something would be coming out soon?

At this point, if there is tailgating, there will not be reserved spots. Unclear of the overall status. First they need to determine if there will actually be games and what capacity would be and then they'll make the rest of the decisions from there. 

29 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

At this point, if there is tailgating, there will not be reserved spots. Unclear of the overall status. First they need to determine if there will actually be games and what capacity would be and then they'll make the rest of the decisions from there. 

I’d assume we have the option to keep tailgate spots for next year, if there is no tailgating this year.

Wanted to get some thoughts down before Fall camp starts. 

As someone who is usually optimistic before the year, my expectations are as tempered as they've ever been while Bubba has been head coach. Combination of the inconsistency of last year, along with losing a large number to graduation. If there's a season it will make it more enjoyable to watch for me, as I see this year as a springboard to 2021. I'm not punting on this year at all, but this will be a pretty young team. Extremely young, but extremely talented in the skill positions on Offense, which is really exciting. That might not be conducive for this year racking up the wins, but can really set this team up going forward. There's some really talented Seniors, but I also like how the class is relatively small 15 and really evenly spread out (7 Offense / 7 Defense / 1 ST). Hope they surprise, because if they can compete and exceed expectations (I'll put at 6th in the MVFC), then they will set themselves up for a really fun 2021. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

I’d assume we have the option to keep tailgate spots for next year, if there is no tailgating this year.

That is my assumption as well, especially after they just rearranged everything a few years ago. If tailgating is allowed, this year would basically just be GA for the entire lot.

27 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

The MN State High School League just moved football and volleyball to spring... football March to May (how do you play on a frozen field?).  What does this do to recruiting?

Not sure, but you would have to think that this hurts NDSU more than anyone, since they have pretty much been getting whoever they want.  Only now they will not have as much film on recruits, which will make "misses" more likely, especially if kids continue to get offers and make commitments in the fall.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Wanted to get some thoughts down before Fall camp starts. 

As someone who is usually optimistic before the year, my expectations are as tempered as they've ever been while Bubba has been head coach. Combination of the inconsistency of last year, along with losing a large number to graduation. If there's a season it will make it more enjoyable to watch for me, as I see this year as a springboard to 2021. I'm not punting on this year at all, but this will be a pretty young team. Extremely young, but extremely talented in the skill positions on Offense, which is really exciting. That might not be conducive for this year racking up the wins, but can really set this team up going forward. There's some really talented Seniors, but I also like how the class is relatively small 15 and really evenly spread out (7 Offense / 7 Defense / 1 ST). Hope they surprise, because if they can compete and exceed expectations (I'll put at 6th in the MVFC), then they will set themselves up for a really fun 2021. 

I think this team has TONS of potential for success this year.  OL has got to be better than last year, given that we have pretty much the same guys, only they aren't coming off a summer of dieting.  The link should get more push, and I think Otis is better than anyone who played last year, especially with the little push the OL got.  So OL and RB are improved (Skokna looked great at the end of the year as well).  CB's are stacked.  Noah Larson and Jaxson Turner are studs at linebacker and we are have a bunch of young guys who could make a splash there.  Receivers have tons of potential and should be faster.  If Schuster wins the QB job, I think we will have a QB who is smarter, more accurate, and a better scrambler than what we had last year.  DL lost Bennet, but the rest of the guys gained a TON of weight - with how light they were last year, they have potential to be better as a unit as well, despite the loss of Bennet.

• Upvote 3