SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

1 minute ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

They will have to be quarantined for 14 days I doubt the hawaiin health authorities will grant a waiver for a football game.  

I believe beginning Sept 1st, you can take a covid test to show you are negative and avoid the 14 day quarantine. Not saying it is likely, but its plausible.

42 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

"None are high risk".  Yeah, like 99.9% of athletes age 18-22.

Doesn't mean there aren't other players that have conditions that would make them more at risk. Age is only one factor. Michael Pierce just opted out of the Vikings season because of his risks due to Asthma.

1 hour ago, TBR said:

So...I'm assuming the MVFC games including UND home games will be on espn+ , espn3, and espn2. Does that sound about right?

I’m assuming that the move to MVFC has no effect on Midco’s right to televise home games?

50 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I’m assuming that the move to MVFC has no effect on Midco’s right to televise home games?

Well I'm asking about television coverage relevant to those of us that don't live in the Midco broadcast footprint which in my case is Colorado. Not sure I'd assume Midco still has broadcast rights for the home games. Hopefully someone in the know will provide clarification. 

47 minutes ago, TBR said:

Well I'm asking about television coverage relevant to those of us that don't live in the Midco broadcast footprint which in my case is Colorado. Not sure I'd assume Midco still has broadcast rights for the home games. Hopefully someone in the know will provide clarification. 

Midco will still broadcast the games locally with Heinert on the call. ESPN will broadcast that feed on ESPN+. So if you love outside the Midco area, get ESPN+. You will be able to watch all MVFC games. 

6 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Just to strike up some conversation, outside of QB, what position would you say we are the most vulnerable at....when thinking about talent, experience,  and depth? 

Receivers and RB's.   need some youngsters to step up.

At this point the most logical decision might be for MVFC to cancel non conference, and add two games to conference schedule and play a true round robin this year. Still a 10 game schedule and shouldn't be to hard to rework.  Just add the additional games in the weeks of Sept. 12 and 19, with the two off teams playing on the 26th.  Only move necessary would be the South Dakota Missouri St. game from Sept. 19 to Nov. 7.

1 hour ago, nodakvindy said:

At this point the most logical decision might be for MVFC to cancel non conference, and add two games to conference schedule and play a true round robin this year. Still a 10 game schedule and shouldn't be to hard to rework.  Just add the additional games in the weeks of Sept. 12 and 19, with the two off teams playing on the 26th.  Only move necessary would be the South Dakota Missouri St. game from Sept. 19 to Nov. 7.

I think this is where it will end up as well, but they are going to wait until the last possible second to do so.  

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think this is where it will end up as well, but they are going to wait until the last possible second to do so.  

They will wait until every school has lost their money FBS game.  You can’t cost a school a money game if they have the opportunity.  

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

TFR RB Isaiah Smith came in at 5’10 225! And Otis is at “5’8” 210. That won’t be fun to tackle. 

If I remember right, Otis runs pretty wild and angry too. Not that we had a huge sample size. Very excited for this season, and hope it happens!

14 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

I can't even wrap my head around how stupid these "precautions" are.  The MVFC is in 5-6 states ranging from the Dakotas to Ohio.  Like somehow just playing in conference is a major deterrent against the modern day plague known as Covid.  It's so stupid.  Anyway, I better get my cloth mask and rubber gloves back on just to drive in my car.  It's close to insanity right now.  I am prepping my cardboard poster of myself, going to ship myself UPS all season, make all home and road games.

Good post by the way, I'd be happy with this as a football schedule. 

Great to see the OL got their size back!  The Pandemic 15 may have help some of the other players too, a handful of guys put on 20+ lbs since last season...which some of the younger guys really needed it, great to see!  Devore up 26 lbs too, he was already quite productive....should only be better this year.  Great move moving him to DE.  

• Upvote 1