Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
bincitysioux

2020 Football Season

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

If I pay for Hulu do I get ESPN+
 

i got the $55 verision of Hulu 

No. You have Hulu plus Hulu Live TV. ESPN+ doesn't come with either of those. The only bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ is the $12.99 version that also includes Disney+. But that version doesn't include Hulu Live TV, just the base Hulu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

No. You have Hulu plus Hulu Live TV. ESPN+ doesn't come with either of those. The only bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ is the $12.99 version that also includes Disney+. But that version doesn't include Hulu Live TV, just the base Hulu.

Are Bison games streaming on ESPN+ or ESPN3? (I can't recall)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

ESPN+,Hulu, and Disney+ bundle for 12.99 a month. That pretty much covers everyone in my house.

The bundle is 100% worth it. I just dropped by cable tv service, because I have more than enough between hulu, disney + (which is great for more than just kids), espn+, netflix, prime, and I picked up youtube tv for a flat rate, which is great and gets me the local channels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Are Bison games streaming on ESPN+ or ESPN3? (I can't recall)

ESPN+ for the regular season(MVFC has a contract with ESPN+). Playoffs get a little more erratic as that's a contract with the NCAA. Those are normally a mix of ESPN3 and the main channels.

Bison games used to be mostly on ESPN3 a few years ago, but that changed as ESPN+ started growing into what it is today. I expect ESPN will continue to shift content to ESPN+ and mostly phase out ESPN3. It served its purpose as a bridge to full streaming.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 9:41 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Not quite sure what you're talking about. I haven't seen much in the way of toxic comments recently. Seems like there was some confusion or what the issue was, and how it was or was not addressed, but I didn't see anything overly negative or putting people down ... did I miss something?

 

Sorry, probably was wrong thread to post in. Definitely a strange take out of context.
I guess I’ve had enough of the politicized Sioux sports. Everyone thinks they know everything and thinks snark makes them Smarter or more whatever they’re trying to accomplish. 
carry on. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

ESPN+ for the regular season(MVFC has a contract with ESPN+). Playoffs get a little more erratic as that's a contract with the NCAA. Those are normally a mix of ESPN3 and the main channels.

Bison games used to be mostly on ESPN3 a few years ago, but that changed as ESPN+ started growing into what it is today. I expect ESPN will continue to shift content to ESPN+ and mostly phase out ESPN3. It served its purpose as a bridge to full streaming.

Thanks for the clarification,  plus is much better as ther are ISP's that still dont support 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players are reporting for physicals and voluntary workouts between the 15th and 28th.  UNI also begins the 15th but will have players trickling in through the end of the month as they finish up work committments etc...   .

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

7-4 this year? I think we can win 5 of our 8 conference games plus beat Valpo and Portland State.

I think you are probably correct on this prediction.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

7-4 this year? I think we can win 5 of our 8 conference games plus beat Valpo and Portland State.

It would be a good sign if UND 7-4 in the first year of MVFC.  And I hope at least one of the conference victories is against a school with "Dakota" in its name.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It remains to be seen how our new QB does.  We haven't had above average QB play since Braden Hanson IMO.  One of the new QB's making a splash would make a huge difference, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past few years I have seldom thought  we had the better quarterback on the field in a conference game. Time for that to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

It remains to be seen how our new QB does.  We haven't had above average QB play since Braden Hanson IMO.  One of the new QB's making a splash would make a huge difference, obviously.

I may be wrong here but I feel like Studsrud would have greatly benefited with Freund calling the plays.

The QB competition has to have everyone excited and nervous at the same time. Loved the way Schuster handled himself against SHSU. Love the size and arm strength of Vaughn maybe a little Daunte Culpepper like? And finally the oft forgotten one in Reid Neal who appears to have some nice athleticism and a decent arm. Feel free to roast any of my takes accordingly as I am no QB expert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely the best QB competition for UND in D1 era. Hopefully best depth as well!  Very excited about this position in the future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Why don’t we have an experienced quarterback? I forgot

Only upperclassman was Grover (junior or senior), who transferred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Only upperclassman was Grover (junior or senior), who transferred.

I think they still consider Boltman as an option as well according to earlier reports but with 4 players there now can’t see him going the QB route. Well 3 but add Feeney to the group next year. Since I stayed at a holiday inn express I can see what UND will do this year I think.  Schuster and Vaughn 1-2 not knowing who wins out in camp with Reid Neal keeping his Redshirt to develop physically and add a year and Boltman as the 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

I think they still consider Boltman as an option as well according to earlier reports but with 4 players there now can’t see him going the QB route. Well 3 but add Feeney to the group next year. Since I stayed at a holiday inn express I can see what UND will do this year I think.  Schuster and Vaughn 1-2 not knowing who wins out in camp with Reid Neal keeping his Redshirt to develop physically and add a year and Boltman as the 3rd.

I'm very intrigued by Vaughn purely because of his size, strength and the hype from when he committed, but ultimately, I could care less who lines up under center as long as they get the job done. I hope the coaches don't over commit to anyone too early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

I think they still consider Boltman as an option as well according to earlier reports but with 4 players there now can’t see him going the QB route. Well 3 but add Feeney to the group next year. Since I stayed at a holiday inn express I can see what UND will do this year I think.  Schuster and Vaughn 1-2 not knowing who wins out in camp with Reid Neal keeping his Redshirt to develop physically and add a year and Boltman as the 3rd.

You're right.  Although he was used primarily as a receiver/QB run option last season, I believe he took some QB reps in spring practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm very intrigued by Vaughn purely because of his size, strength and the hype from when he committed, but ultimately, I could care less who lines up under center as long as they get the job done. I hope the coaches don't over commit to anyone too early. 

Not just this, but unless one is clearly the front-runner, I hope the top two have equal reps the first couple weeks. Game reps. Schuster having a year of experience in the program and limited game action should have the upper hand going into Fall camp. The extra layer this competition brings is a situation where Schuster has a slight lead out of camp, but they feel Vaughn has a much higher ceiling. Both will have a learning curve this year, so do you go with the higher ceiling, even if that means a slightly bigger learning curve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AJS said:

Not just this, but unless one is clearly the front-runner, I hope the top two have equal reps the first couple weeks. Game reps. Schuster having a year of experience in the program and limited game action should have the upper hand going into Fall camp. The extra layer this competition brings is a situation where Schuster has a slight lead out of camp, but they feel Vaughn has a much higher ceiling. Both will have a learning curve this year, so do you go with the higher ceiling, even if that means a slightly bigger learning curve?

Higher ceiling rhetoric is bs.  That's how better players end up sitting on the bench IMO.  If we have a guy who is better on the bench now, what do we do if the guy with the "higher ceiling" is playing poorly through the first half of the season?  Would he still really have the higher ceiling?  Great way to create a QB controversy I'd think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

I think they still consider Boltman as an option as well according to earlier reports but with 4 players there now can’t see him going the QB route. Well 3 but add Feeney to the group next year. Since I stayed at a holiday inn express I can see what UND will do this year I think.  Schuster and Vaughn 1-2 not knowing who wins out in camp with Reid Neal keeping his Redshirt to develop physically and add a year and Boltman as the 3rd.

The Brockstar formation will benefit from more passes this year and if they do that the run will open up. That formation was not effective in the second half of last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...