SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

32 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

If I pay for Hulu do I get ESPN+

i got the $55 verision of Hulu 

No. You have Hulu plus Hulu Live TV. ESPN+ doesn't come with either of those. The only bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ is the $12.99 version that also includes Disney+. But that version doesn't include Hulu Live TV, just the base Hulu.

11 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

No. You have Hulu plus Hulu Live TV. ESPN+ doesn't come with either of those. The only bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ is the $12.99 version that also includes Disney+. But that version doesn't include Hulu Live TV, just the base Hulu.

Are Bison games streaming on ESPN+ or ESPN3? (I can't recall)

12 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

ESPN+,Hulu, and Disney+ bundle for 12.99 a month. That pretty much covers everyone in my house.

The bundle is 100% worth it. I just dropped by cable tv service, because I have more than enough between hulu, disney + (which is great for more than just kids), espn+, netflix, prime, and I picked up youtube tv for a flat rate, which is great and gets me the local channels.

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Are Bison games streaming on ESPN+ or ESPN3? (I can't recall)

ESPN+ for the regular season(MVFC has a contract with ESPN+). Playoffs get a little more erratic as that's a contract with the NCAA. Those are normally a mix of ESPN3 and the main channels.

Bison games used to be mostly on ESPN3 a few years ago, but that changed as ESPN+ started growing into what it is today. I expect ESPN will continue to shift content to ESPN+ and mostly phase out ESPN3. It served its purpose as a bridge to full streaming.

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:41 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Not quite sure what you're talking about. I haven't seen much in the way of toxic comments recently. Seems like there was some confusion or what the issue was, and how it was or was not addressed, but I didn't see anything overly negative or putting people down ... did I miss something?

Sorry, probably was wrong thread to post in. Definitely a strange take out of context.
I guess I’ve had enough of the politicized Sioux sports. Everyone thinks they know everything and thinks snark makes them Smarter or more whatever they’re trying to accomplish. 
carry on. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

ESPN+ for the regular season(MVFC has a contract with ESPN+). Playoffs get a little more erratic as that's a contract with the NCAA. Those are normally a mix of ESPN3 and the main channels.

Bison games used to be mostly on ESPN3 a few years ago, but that changed as ESPN+ started growing into what it is today. I expect ESPN will continue to shift content to ESPN+ and mostly phase out ESPN3. It served its purpose as a bridge to full streaming.

Thanks for the clarification,  plus is much better as ther are ISP's that still dont support 3.

20 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

7-4 this year? I think we can win 5 of our 8 conference games plus beat Valpo and Portland State.

It would be a good sign if UND 7-4 in the first year of MVFC.  And I hope at least one of the conference victories is against a school with "Dakota" in its name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

It remains to be seen how our new QB does.  We haven't had above average QB play since Braden Hanson IMO.  One of the new QB's making a splash would make a huge difference, obviously.

I may be wrong here but I feel like Studsrud would have greatly benefited with Freund calling the plays.

The QB competition has to have everyone excited and nervous at the same time. Loved the way Schuster handled himself against SHSU. Love the size and arm strength of Vaughn maybe a little Daunte Culpepper like? And finally the oft forgotten one in Reid Neal who appears to have some nice athleticism and a decent arm. Feel free to roast any of my takes accordingly as I am no QB expert. 

44 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Only upperclassman was Grover (junior or senior), who transferred.

I think they still consider Boltman as an option as well according to earlier reports but with 4 players there now can’t see him going the QB route. Well 3 but add Feeney to the group next year. Since I stayed at a holiday inn express I can see what UND will do this year I think.  Schuster and Vaughn 1-2 not knowing who wins out in camp with Reid Neal keeping his Redshirt to develop physically and add a year and Boltman as the 3rd.

9 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

I think they still consider Boltman as an option as well according to earlier reports but with 4 players there now can’t see him going the QB route. Well 3 but add Feeney to the group next year. Since I stayed at a holiday inn express I can see what UND will do this year I think.  Schuster and Vaughn 1-2 not knowing who wins out in camp with Reid Neal keeping his Redshirt to develop physically and add a year and Boltman as the 3rd.

I'm very intrigued by Vaughn purely because of his size, strength and the hype from when he committed, but ultimately, I could care less who lines up under center as long as they get the job done. I hope the coaches don't over commit to anyone too early. 

9 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

You're right.  Although he was used primarily as a receiver/QB run option last season, I believe he took some QB reps in spring practice.

50 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm very intrigued by Vaughn purely because of his size, strength and the hype from when he committed, but ultimately, I could care less who lines up under center as long as they get the job done. I hope the coaches don't over commit to anyone too early. 

Not just this, but unless one is clearly the front-runner, I hope the top two have equal reps the first couple weeks. Game reps. Schuster having a year of experience in the program and limited game action should have the upper hand going into Fall camp. The extra layer this competition brings is a situation where Schuster has a slight lead out of camp, but they feel Vaughn has a much higher ceiling. Both will have a learning curve this year, so do you go with the higher ceiling, even if that means a slightly bigger learning curve?

3 hours ago, AJS said:

Not just this, but unless one is clearly the front-runner, I hope the top two have equal reps the first couple weeks. Game reps. Schuster having a year of experience in the program and limited game action should have the upper hand going into Fall camp. The extra layer this competition brings is a situation where Schuster has a slight lead out of camp, but they feel Vaughn has a much higher ceiling. Both will have a learning curve this year, so do you go with the higher ceiling, even if that means a slightly bigger learning curve?

Higher ceiling rhetoric is bs.  That's how better players end up sitting on the bench IMO.  If we have a guy who is better on the bench now, what do we do if the guy with the "higher ceiling" is playing poorly through the first half of the season?  Would he still really have the higher ceiling?  Great way to create a QB controversy I'd think.

14 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

The Brockstar formation will benefit from more passes this year and if they do that the run will open up. That formation was not effective in the second half of last year.