SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

I have been looking forward to going to the Kansas State game for years. Not surprised it is looking fuzzy if it going to happen. Always wondered if the old su ad would find a way to get out of this game. The current environment is something we can’t control so I can’t fault him for this. Ugh. Frustrating!

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Hope this was tongue-in-cheek.  You can bleed green or whatever color you want all day long, but singling out any AD (or coach) for trying to manage this situation is more than a stretch.  So many moving parts it's impossible to track them all.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I have been looking forward to going to the Kansas State game for years. Not surprised it is looking fuzzy if it going to happen. Always wondered if the old su ad would find a way to get out of this game. The current environment is something we can’t control so I can’t fault him for this. Ugh. Frustrating!

Been looking forward to going to it for years, too.  It's only 125 miles away and a friend of mine who's a K State grad has invited me to go with him and get tickets for us.  Big disappointment if it doesn't happen, as I usually have to drive 680 miles to watch Sioux football.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Been looking forward to going to it for years, too.  It's only 125 miles away and a friend of mine who's a K State grad has invited me to go with him and get tickets for us.  Big disappointment if it doesn't happen, as I usually have to drive 680 miles to watch Sioux football.

Would be a bummer to lose a P5 game. Lots of folks in Fargo getting nervous about losing the Oregon game too no doubt. 

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

He's basically untouchable. Widely respected, has FU money, and not afraid (obviously) to be provocative.

I guess I don't believe it's provocative to say football will be played in the fall. Good on him because we can't hide forever.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I guess I don't believe it's provocative to say football will be played in the fall. Good on him because we can't hide forever.

I agree but one question is how and when the different states will peak.... the east and west  coasts will have peaked with the virus... mid west will peak much later.... just have to wait!

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Except when you consider that the NCAA has stated there will be no sports unless students (presumably, all) are on campus, and the Cal system (including a P5 school) has already said it’s online only this fall. Gee is definitely unafraid to poke the beast, and I’m not sure I’ve yet seen a statement so brazen.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Except when you consider that the NCAA has stated there will be no sports unless students (presumably, all) are on campus, and the Cal system (including a P5 school) has already said it’s online only this fall. Gee is definitely unafraid to poke the beast, and I’m not sure I’ve yet seen a statement so brazen.

The Cal state system has announced the online move which is a bit premature, but not surprised something like that coming from Cali. The UC system is different so Davis is not yet affected. 

22 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

The Cal state system has announced the online move which is a bit premature, but not surprised something like that coming from Cali. The UC system is different so Davis is not yet affected. 

Thank you for correcting me. When I heard "Cal system" I mistakenly assumed it was the U of C (i.e., Berkeley) and not Cal State.  No P5s in the Cal State system, to my knowledge.

• Upvote 1

Very disappointing, kid was starting to show some flashes, but he had not quite turned into what many might have hoped for. Not sure if that was because of how he played, or how he was being used. 

With that there is certainly more depth being built at that position... Otis, Skokna, Mitchell. Would have been nice to see what Cam could have done.

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season